Lions @ Rodblacks / Argos @ Stampeders

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

Re: MLB, you have no way of knowing how much scheme/system plays into the difference in stats between them. 

As for this game, as long as the Stamps OL gives BLM time, he will tear apart any team, anywhere, any time.... 

The CGY Offense last night had a less than perfect showing, in fact only scored as many points as we did and against a bad defense.

DeVone Claybrooks's defense is the perfect example of a unit that always is up for the task and gives up nothing, and is why the Stamps just don't lose much.

4 hours ago, Noeller said:

I'm sincerely curious how you know what Hurl's exact assignments on every single read are, Iso...? 

I don't. Just speculating.  The same thing could be said for every position. It seems everyone was critical of Roc Carmicheal. Do people think he was always responsible for every pass that was caught behind him & he was in chase mode? Where was Lofler on some of those plays as support? What about blown assignments by others that might have affected Roc? If he thinks he's getting help when he's supposed to but isn't then criticizing him the way fans did here was wrong also as every long pass completed isn't his fault then either. Do any of his critics know Roc's exact assignments or reads here, either? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

4 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I don't. Just speculating.  The same thing could be said for every position. It seems everyone was critical of Roc Carmicheal. Do people think he was always responsible for every pass that was caught behind him & he was in chase mode? Where was Lofler on some of those plays as support? What about blown assignments by others that might have affected Roc? If he thinks he's getting help when he's supposed to but isn't then criticizing him the way fans did here was wrong also as every long pass completed isn't his fault then either. Do any of his critics know Roc's exact assignments or reads here, either? 

And that's also why I think the Rocky detractors are idiots. Nobody outside the organization knows enough to criticize... 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

And that's also why I think the Rocky detractors are idiots. Nobody outside the organization knows enough to criticize... 

Well to be fair, him getting benched this last game did seem to help our D play a "Little" bit better.  It's still a long way from what our friends in Calgary got going, but it's a tad better.

What I am afraid of is that weaknesses like Hurl and Carmichael are symptoms of a bigger problem known as Richie Hall.  Make no mistake, MOS's loyalty and strengths far outweigh his weaknesses, but I'm afraid he's hitched his wagon a little too tight to Hall.  I believe bend but don't break is the wrong way to go about defense.

Now, in case anyone was wondering, I have nothing personal against Richie Hall, nor do I wish him to fail.  All I believe in is just calling it as I see it and holding a coach accountable when he must be.  Also on the other site there is a poster who is so in bed with Richie Hall he believes the littlest, and I mean the smallest minute criticisms of Hall should be shut down in Cuban like fashion.  I mean, Castro himself could not have had all criticisms of government censored in a better way than what that childish poster wants.  So just if I get a little too tough on Richie, it's not him personally, blame that poster.

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎27 at 1:43 AM, SpeedFlex27 said:

I just hope this doesn't cost us a championship. I've nothing against Sam. I just hope this works out. 

One player at one position could cost a team a championship...?

17 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

Hurl isn't good, but he's serviceable and a Canadian. We don't really have a better import option to play, so it isn't worth changing the ratio in order to accommodate an import in the starting lineup.

This is pretty much it. The defense is basically without another option at MLB, so it is what it is.

On 8/26/2017 at 8:25 PM, Jpan85 said:

But his hat is on crooked 

imagine a DC with a crooked hat and a HC wearing shorts... some old guys heads would explode... while the rest of us enjoyed a very good football team... :D

On 8/26/2017 at 8:56 PM, Goalie said:

Dont wanna say i told you so about the lions losing so i wont. 

Did you dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back for this one? :lol: 15 of 37 people (40%) in the pick em pool (myself included) picked Ottawa... don't pretend like you picked Mtl to beat Cgy back in week four...

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

imagine a DC with a crooked hat and a HC wearing shorts... some old guys heads would explode... while the rest of us enjoyed a very good football team... :D

Did you dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back for this one? :lol: 15 of 37 people (40%) in the pick em pool (myself included) picked Ottawa... don't pretend like you picked Mtl to beat Cgy back in week four...

Not to mention so did CFL.ca, I even put that graphic up back on page 1.

14 minutes ago, SPuDS said:

that one hurt.  bad.  I couldn't believe he didn't wrap up.

A LOT of D players have had this problem with Durant.....it's not a Hurl-centric problem, as some would have you believe. It frustrated me as much as anyone, but he's one of the toughest guys in the league to bring down.

Just now, Noeller said:

A LOT of D players have had this problem with Durant.....it's not a Hurl-centric problem, as some would have you believe. It frustrated me as much as anyone, but he's one of the toughest guys in the league to bring down.

oh I agree.. I just really wanted him to make the play because I knew exactly what this place was going to look like after he missed it lol..

Westerman and Jeffcoat both got shook off as well.. as have countless other defenders in the last how many seasons..

just.. grr.  wanted that play.