TSN TV & Media

BigBlue

51 minutes ago, JCon said:

Well then CBC Radio One should get it. 

Except they don't want it and don't broadcast radio sports anywhere ever. I concur that OB is the best option for now, tho TSNs relationship with the league may have something to say about it. 

51 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Except they don't want it and don't broadcast radio sports anywhere ever. I concur that OB is the best option for now, tho TSNs relationship with the league may have something to say about it. 

I had this conversation with my dad a while back about 1290 likely getting the rights after CJOB's contract expires.

If CJOB is paying for the rights to broadcast the game (which probably sees them get their highest listenership) it would be silly for the WFC to severe ties with such a long standing partnership,  even if TSN is a primary cash cow of the CFL. If TSN imposed their weight to have bomber games aired on their station, it'll likely be for free, seeing as they already feed each team millions of dollars a year just for the TV rights. 

If that is the case, switching to TSN 1290 may end up losing the club some revenue if this is how it would play out. So to that I would stick with CJOB until the quality of it is so bad it needs to be old yellered

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I had this conversation with my dad a while back about 1290 likely getting the rights after CJOB's contract expires.

If CJOB is paying for the rights to broadcast the game (which probably sees them get their highest listenership) it would be silly for the WFC to severe ties with such a long standing partnership,  even if TSN is a primary cash cow of the CFL. If TSN imposed their weight to have bomber games aired on their station, it'll likely be for free, seeing as they already feed each team millions of dollars a year just for the TV rights. 

If that is the case, switching to TSN 1290 may end up losing the club some revenue if this is how it would play out. So to that I would stick with CJOB until the quality of it is so bad it needs to be old yellered

Radio rights have been kept separate from other media rights and have been left in team control.  For what you are saying could happen to happen TSN would have to strike a deal with the league for all media rights.  That kind of thing would have basically no benefit for teams like the Bombers, Calgary, Edmonton and Saskatchewan, who have significant local media presence and long-standing relationships with giant talk radio stations in their markets.  As long as radio remains a significant medium this is unlikely to happen.

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

I know, I was simply responding to the notion that OB should keep the rights because they have the bigger market share. We don't know what the breakdown is for OBs normal radio versus Bomber coverage and how the Bomber broadcasts would be affected by the move to TSN. 

On 6/11/2017 at 7:41 AM, Atomic said:

Far better (same videos as Russ Hobson's Twitter but in a highlight package):

http://globalnews.ca/video/3518495/highlights-exhibition-blue-bombers-vs-roughriders

the CFL website had a 1 min recap that featured a Matt Nichols quote on screen for about 10 sec of it... pretty pathetic from the league... this was a pretty nice recap/highlight package for a pre-season game.... thanks for posting...