Morning Big Blue Party - Open Training Camp

BigBlue

Pony Corral Pier 7  (204) 275-3687 1700 Pembina Hwy. Winnipeg, MB R3T 2G2

Sunday May 28 12:30 Reserved under "Morning Big Blue"

Right after SUNDAY morning practice

It's been a while since we have had a get together so I am suggesting we party right after the first full training camp practice .... to make a decision I picked the Pony Corral as  good a spot as any (but we could go elsewhere)

I reserved for 24 people but we might be more or less (they can accommodate a lot of people) so let us know if you are interested (or not) and how committed you are to coming so we can set up the venue  right.

I think this will be a lot of fun for all of us.

4 hours ago, Mark F said:

seems like a good idea.... I would probably go if there's more than just me and bigblue.

taynted going?

might depend what my kid wants to do. We went to TC last year together (weaving through all the road hockey going on) if he wants to go to TC again this year we could probably stop in for lunch

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

We Albertans quite wish we could participate in TC and any related festivities. Sure are looking forward to TC reports starting Weds! 

I was talking with my buddy on sat that works with the bombers about TC and he mentioned the riders wouldn't be getting to run a rookie camp because they've been running "secret camps" that everyone apparently knew about. I thought nothing of it at the time, but yesterday morning someone on RF mentioned Luc Mullinder also said they wouldn't be running a rookie camp as it was seen as "a waste of time"... right.

So if that's the case, even better is we get some of our football fix well before the riders do :D

The delight of today's opening camp for me  was #4 Austin Apodaca QB ... i just loved his strong accurate arm and I couldn't wait till it was his turn to throw it again ... Nichols looked very sharp as well .... Lefevour & Davis looked ok but not nearly as impressive as Nichols & Apodaca

No shoulder pads today & Medlock wore a funny hat while he boomed his punts into the coffin corner

Andrew Harris made a number of nice moves during the running game rehearsal; Dressler & Denmark seemed very good ..... hardly noticed Thorpe today

Wondering if Apodaca is our QB of the future ... maybe he becomes our # 3 or even # 2 this year but that's pretty far fetched; haven't seen him under  fire with a big lineman rushing up his nose ... just dreaming