Bombers Off-Season Transactions

Noeller

55 minutes ago, JCon said:

We've been the GC twice in the past ten years.

I was looking at 2008 until now... the 'rebuild era'...

I'd say this roster is in better shape than 2011... and no way that team gets to the GC if Bombers were in the west

5 minutes ago, Noeller said:

DTs don't really get sacks, as a general rule.....Doug Brown is arguably the best DT in CFL history, and he didn't get a lot of sacks. He just constantly won battles...

Dont teams usually have one 3-tech nose tackle like Brown and one bull-rushing DT like Cummings?

Butcher I can see being a good NT, Jake Thomas seems a bit small

48 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Dont teams usually have one 3-tech nose tackle like Brown and one bull-rushing DT like Cummings?

Butcher I can see being a good NT, Jake Thomas seems a bit small

3 tech is the smaller quicker guy usually.  3 is just the gap they would routinely line up on, the outside shoulder of the guard.  Nose tackle would usually line up on an inside gap of the guard, 1.  Rare for anyone to line up head up on any OL in Canada because you basically take away your advantage of the yard and let the OL engage easier without having to move laterally.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

does a roster right now really mean much? I expect a ton of additions before training camp starts

Yea I think its kind of a fool's errand to be getting upset or concerned at this point about our roster...  there is so much that has yet to happen that it could drastically change of yet.   The talent doesn't look that thin tho imo.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

3 tech is the smaller quicker guy usually.  3 is just the gap they would routinely line up on, the outside shoulder of the guard.  Nose tackle would usually line up on an inside gap of the guard, 1.  Rare for anyone to line up head up on any OL in Canada because you basically take away your advantage of the yard and let the OL engage easier without having to move laterally.

It will be epic to watch The Butcher and Geoff Gray bounce off each other during rookie camp scrimmages.

4 hours ago, 17to85 said:

does a roster right now really mean much? I expect a ton of additions before training camp starts

We will draft 6 or 7 guys, sign a few CIS guys after the draft, sign at least 10 more US guys who will be at mini-camp, cut half those guys and sign a bunch more to replace them.

Most if not all of those names up there will be in camp this year but there will be a lot more added.

7 hours ago, Noeller said:

DTs don't really get sacks, as a general rule.....Doug Brown is arguably the best DT in CFL history, and he didn't get a lot of sacks. He just constantly won battles...

Doug  Brown consistently took on the double team, and then won the battles.

I'm not convinced that Addison Richards isn't still in their plans.

We, as fans may see him as a guy with potential, who isn't worth keeping around due to injury issues. But I think that the Big 3 must have something else on their minds than hoping he recovers and hoping he can perform.

I watched him in a practice last year shortly after Darvin Adams went down. For much of the day he was given first team scrimmages because Rory K was taking a knee, and Richards did not look out of place. Call me an optimist, but I don't see Walters/O'shea as the types who hang onto a guy like him without seeing big potential. They also have the knowledge of knowing what exactly his injuries are.....something the fans can only speculate upon.

Just now, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

I'm not convinced that Addison Richards isn't still in their plans.

We, as fans may see him as a guy with potential, who isn't worth keeping around due to injury issues. But I think that the Big 3 must have something else on their minds than hoping he recovers and hoping he can perform.

I watched him in a practice last year shortly after Darvin Adams went down. For much of the day he was given first team scrimmages because Rory K was taking a knee, and Richards did not look out of place. Call me an optimist, but I don't see Walters/O'shea as the types who hang onto a guy like him without seeing big potential. They also have the knowledge of knowing what exactly his injuries are.....something the fans can only speculate upon.

For sure he is still in the plans and will be given every opportunity to win that starting spot.  But if he gets injured again or is beaten out by JFG and possibly others.... Richards is done.  Patience and potential can only carry you so far.

13 minutes ago, Atomic said:

For sure he is still in the plans and will be given every opportunity to win that starting spot.  But if he gets injured again or is beaten out by JFG and possibly others.... Richards is done.  Patience and potential can only carry you so far.

disagree

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

elaborate so i can prove you wrong

if, if and if ... you are all bravado and self indulgent opinion .... i disagree on your assessment of him .... in all humility we don't know and coach see sees stuff

Edited by BigBlue

4 minutes ago, BigBlue said:

if, if and if ... you are all bravado and self indulgent opinion .... i disagree on your assessment of him .... in all humility we don't know and coach see sees stuff

Total nonsense.  Come back when you learn the English language and then I can help you understand logic and reason.  Maybe then we can move onto football but until you've mastered the basics of rational thought and communication, we simply won't get anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Total nonsense.  Come back when you learn the English language and then I can help you understand logic and reason.  Maybe then we can move onto football but until you've mastered the basics of rational thought and communication, we simply won't get anywhere.

You can't even reply with logic

35 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

forgive my stupidity but I don't know who Atomic's avatar is.

Richard Feynman was an American theoretical physicist known for his work in the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics, the theory of quantum electrodynamics, and the physics of the superfluidity of supercooled liquid helium, as well as in particle physics for which he proposed the parton model. For his contributions to the development of quantum electrodynamics, Feynman, jointly with Julian Schwinger and Sin'ichirō Tomonaga, received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1965.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Richards won't have a large salary and is on the final year of his rookie contract.  We will carry a minimum of 3 NI receivers on the game day roster and 4 somewhere on the team roster, just like every other year.  Currently we have to pick up a guy just to get to that number.  So unless we draft/sign several at least two more NI receivers, Richards has a really good chance of being on the roster till the end of this season.  Unless he outright sucks.  Keep in mind during his brief healthy moments in training camp he was getting decent reviews.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

elaborate so i can prove you wrong

There, now you have something to work with.

5 minutes ago, mbrg said:

Richards won't have a large salary and is on the final year of his rookie contract.  We will carry a minimum of 3 NI receivers on the game day roster and 4 somewhere on the team roster, just like every other year.  Currently we have to pick up a guy just to get to that number.  So unless we draft/sign several at least two more NI receivers, Richards has a really good chance of being on the roster till the end of this season.  Unless he outright sucks.  Keep in mind during his brief healthy moments in training camp he was getting decent reviews.

There, now you have something to work with.

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this, you'll notice I began my post by saying he's very much in the plans still.  But if Coates, JFG, and a draft pick are all better than Richards, I just think he will be in tough to stick around.  I don't see him on the practice roster and if he ends up on the 6-game again to start the season.... that's going to really put him behind the 8-ball.

To be honest, I still don't know what BigBlue was disagreeing with.  Does he think Richards will get cut before camp?  Or make the team as a starter?  Or what?  I just don't know because he never said either way.  Just an obstinate "Disagree".

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

Richard Feynman was an American theoretical physicist known for his work in the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics, the theory of quantum electrodynamics, and the physics of the superfluidity of supercooled liquid helium, as well as in particle physics for which he proposed the parton model. For his contributions to the development of quantum electrodynamics, Feynman, jointly with Julian Schwinger and Sin'ichirō Tomonaga, received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1965.

First prize.  Did you do a reverse image search or just know?

Just now, Atomic said:

First prize.  Did you do a reverse image search or just know?

Kind of, I just went to save your picture and his name is in the file.

However, I did this a long time ago. I've seen pictures of Feynman but always younger and always black and white. I didn't recognize him in your pic.

2 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I don't necessarily disagree with any of this, you'll notice I began my post by saying he's very much in the plans still.  But if Coates, JFG, and a draft pick are all better than Richards, I just think he will be in tough to stick around.  I don't see him on the practice roster and if he ends up on the 6-game again to start the season.... that's going to really put him behind the 8-ball.

Disagree.