2017 NHL Playoffs

Noeller

9 hours ago, Atomic said:

Crazy to think that a team that has won 2 straight president's trophies will have to legitimately think about making changes.  I like Barry Trotz but he's never been past the second round as a coach, maybe they start with him.

I hope they can him as well... then immediately after this the Jets then have a press conference to announce our new coach!

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I hope they can him as well... then immediately after this the Jets then have a press conference to announce our new coach!

So we can never make it past the second round?  Oh who am I kidding, I'll take regular season success and a couple rounds of the playoffs.

I can't stop thinking about the caps... literally everything was lined up for them to break through to the third round... they had momentum coming off 2 dominant victories... the raucous home crowd... a fairly decimated Pitt line-up... and a date with Ottawa looming... let's be honest, Ottawa is kind of a cinderella right now... who ever emerged from the Pitt/Wash series would be a huge favourite...

Everything lined up for Washington to finally make a cup run... and that third period tells you everything you need to know about that core of players...

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

So we can never make it past the second round?  Oh who am I kidding, I'll take regular season success and a couple rounds of the playoffs.

So you would rather us keep the current coach who made it to the finals?

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So you would rather us keep the current coach who made it to the finals?

I'm not sure... maybe?  Two or three times and it's a coincidence... ten times and it's a pattern (Trotz's teams have now been bounced in rounds 1 or 2 ten times).

42 minutes ago, Atomic said:

I'm not sure... maybe?  Two or three times and it's a coincidence... ten times and it's a pattern (Trotz's teams have now been bounced in rounds 1 or 2 ten times).

I'd agree with you except Nashville had no business really even being in the playoffs...

Washington - no coach will make that work...  Ovi just gave up on that first goal, when going gets tough, he checks out - team deflates around him 

imo Trotz will be fired and Sutter is next up - hired as GM/HC

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

I'd agree with you except Nashville had no business really even being in the playoffs...

Washington - no coach will make that work...  Ovi just gave up on that first goal, when going gets tough, he checks out - team deflates around him 

imo Trotz will be fired and Sutter is next up - hired as GM/HC

It's difficult to say whether Nashville would have made the playoffs or not without Trotz.  All we know is that in 3 years since his departure they've made the playoffs each year and are now further in than they ever got with him there.

Can't disagree with your point about Washington though.  I've said it before but they'll never win with Ovi as captain.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Still better then Maurice...  For this year it didn't help that Holtby really dropped the bar for half of the games in the series...

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

It's difficult to say whether Nashville would have made the playoffs or not without Trotz.  All we know is that in 3 years since his departure they've made the playoffs each year and are now further in than they ever got with him there.

Can't disagree with your point about Washington though.  I've said it before but they'll never win with Ovi as captain.

Maybe... but I'd take Johansen and Forsberg over Martin Erat and David Legwand as my top scorers...

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

Unlike the Penguins who I'm sure are all 100% healthy....

Poor Ovie... even when he gets injections to fight through a knee injury, Sid still ups him by permanently damaging his brain and likely shorting his lifespan to play through a concussion.  Guy can't win.

I think something did happen to Ovi during the Leafs series,  he was going all out hitting people in the first round then relegated to 3rd line in the 2nd series. Still not an excuse but since he was one of my picks it was hard not for me to notice his diminished roles and lack of presence in the 2nd series, other then that slash on crosby that lead to the niskanen hit.  I think one game he had like 4 mins of ice time logged in after 2 periods

On 2017-5-11 at 5:10 PM, Floyd said:

Poor Ovie... even when he gets injections to fight through a knee injury, Sid still ups him by permanently damaging his brain and likely shorting his lifespan to play through a concussion.  Guy can't win.

Awwwwww, life is hard.

IMO, Letang being out should have been all the advantage the Caps needed - completely different team without him back there.