2017 NHL Playoffs

Noeller

53 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Don't think the Jets have the grit that the Oilers are showing in this series.

Grit? More like talent.

But lets get back to grit. We had major grit the year we made the playoffs, Never been to that level since. We were playing playoff hockey during the regular season.

10 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Grit? More like talent.

But lets get back to grit. We had major grit the year we made the playoffs, Never been to that level since. We were playing playoff hockey during the regular season.

I wrote on this very board that my main concern going into this season was I felt the Jets had talent but a lack of grit.  I agree.  Would like to see Lowry play more of a role like that and hopefully Lemieux is good enough to make the team and provide some aggravation to the opposition.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Grit? More like talent.

you mean at the end of the regular season

clearly the answer to fleury is top shelf. just gotta not put it over the net.  that was a good game for me point wise. Sucks holtby cant seem to hang onto shutouts with under 3 mins left (2nd time he did this, this series) but at least the extra point was covered with a sheary assist on the malkin goal. 

I think Pittsburgh is gassed tbh so  go caps go!

11 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

clearly the answer to fleury is top shelf. just gotta not put it over the net.  that was a good game for me point wise. Sucks holtby cant seem to hang onto shutouts with under 3 mins left (2nd time he did this, this series) but at least the extra point was covered with a sheary assist on the malkin goal. 

I can't blame Holtby.... the team totally stopped playing in front of him with 8 or 9 minutes to go in the game.

11 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Wasnt it just a couple of games ago they were showing Pens scoring on Holtby glove side?  They always find the weak spot and then it changes. 

Its hard to beat a desperate team with talent.  They play looser.  Lets hope Pens close this out!