2017 NHL Playoffs

Noeller

11 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Sens are a terrible team to watch. Hopefully their success this spring doesn't lead to teams copying Boucher's style of play.

Well, you can count on Crawford getting another head coaching gig, so it likely will spread a bit.

23 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

Sens are a terrible team to watch. Hopefully their success this spring doesn't lead to teams copying Boucher's style of play.

Their style is a little boring but their games have still been pretty exciting because they are always tight

12 minutes ago, JCon said:

Well, you can count on Crawford getting another head coaching gig, so it likely will spread a bit.

Really?  He hasn't been a head coach since 2010-11 and he hasn't had any real success in the NHL for 20 years.  I wouldn't want to hire him as a head coach.

Just now, Atomic said:

Really?  He hasn't been a head coach since 2010-11 and he hasn't had any real success in the NHL for 20 years.  I wouldn't want to hire him as a head coach.

He had success in Europe and he's Boucher's "Associate" coach. From what I heard, he and Boucher were the finalists for the Sens gig and had an agreement to hire one-another if the other got the position.

I bet someone gives him another shot in the NHL based on his success in Ottawa.

I mean, Carlyle and Tortorella got coaching jobs, so how could Crawford not?  

Senators manage to make the Penguins seem boring.

Not an easy thing to accomplish.

Does Getzlaff have half or more of the Ducks points in these playoffs?

like him or not,  that guy is good.

His bro should have played hockey instead.

Edited by Mark F

discussion at work last week about how this is quite possibly the most awful, unwatchable Final 4 in Stanley Cup history. Despicable, un-cheer-for-able teams....Nash the least of 4 evils, but they have PK, soooo....nope. No thanks. Is it football season yet?

49 minutes ago, Noeller said:

discussion at work last week about how this is quite possibly the most awful, unwatchable Final 4 in Stanley Cup history. Despicable, un-cheer-for-able teams....Nash the least of 4 evils, but they have PK, soooo....nope. No thanks. Is it football season yet?

What?!?  Disagree.... so strongly....

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

What?!?  Disagree.... so strongly....

A Cinderella is always a nice story.  I might cheer for Ottawa too, especially with the Anderson story and how under-stated Karlsson is.  But not against my Pens.  There will always be the irrational hatred of Crosby.  But the Pens are a good story too.  A team that very smartly, with the talent and salaries they have, re-loading twice for runs at the cup.  And you see what happens when a star player is willing to leave money on the table so there is room for supporting cast.  That's deserving of success.  Not to mention the fact one of the best D men in the game has been out the entire playoffs, their #1 goalie gets hurt in Game 1 warm ups and the "old guy" has a resurgence to lead them to the conference final.  Great stories all around.

And out west?  Some sterling performances by Rinne.  A deep Preds team that almost seems tailor made for the playoffs.  All the controversy around trading Weber for Subban.  The revival of the Ducks under cranky old Carlyle almost the epitome of a team aging out of their window that combines a young, talented D with aging vets determined for another shot at glory. 

And even though the Ducks are dirty so you want to see them lose, that in itself is a story because the league allows it, and they are here to win.  Built to win..at any cost.

7 hours ago, sweep the leg said:

I tend to agree... but then I think... if the jets were boring and in the final 4... I could live with boring hockey :D

10 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I tend to agree... but then I think... if the jets were boring and in the final 4... I could live with boring hockey :D

It's definitely ok if it's your team winning. As just a fan watching hockey though, it leaves something to be desired.

Hockey at it's best...

Edited by sweep the leg

7 hours ago, Mark F said:

Senators manage to make the Penguins seem boring.

Not an easy thing to accomplish.

Does Getzlaff have half or more of the Ducks points in these playoffs?

like him or not,  that guy is good.

His bro should have played hockey instead.

He's got a lot of them, but man Silfverberg is having a post season too.  I remember never hearing of the kid until he lit the jets up for like 4 goals a couple years ago towards the end of the season. Seems to have really found his game

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Tonight's game is as good as you'll see. Passing, speed, hits & goal tending