Canadian Politics

8 hours ago, GCn20 said:

You think hurling insults makes anyone change their mind? You are the Liberals worst enemy in that regard. It just re-inforces what many feel about the Liberals right now. That they are self indulgent, spoiled, corrupt, and their only defence is to hurl insults and play identity politics. People are tired of it.

The Liberals don't like me...?

Oh No Anyway GIF - Oh No Anyway - Discover & Share GIFs

You can keep playing the "a lot of people agree with me" card but that's an embarrassing retort. 

For a guy who claims he's putting facts first regarding his views, you sure let your emotions dictate your comments here.

16 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I liked PP before he took over the leadership spot...

Why? What was good about him before he assumed the role leader of the opposition?

54 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

From what I saw/heard from him. He asked the tough questions and tried to hold the leaders accountable. particularly when it came to finances etc.

Like I said, it's easy to point fingers and yell when you're only job is to do just that. But it's not leadership and that us why he looks bad now. He is doing the same things but when you are supposed to be a leader you actually need to come up with the answers. It's why conservatives are failing the country right now. They aren't interested in answers, only yelling about how awful the other guys are.

48 minutes ago, JCon said:

You know what's great about an effective opposition? New ideas and holding gov't accountable. 

But, it's hard to hold a gov't accountable when you're starting culture wars and yelling at the wind. It's sad and pathetic. 

At least the NDP bring ideas. 

You are accusing the CPC of starting culture wars? Good god. That has been Trudeau's play book right from the beginning.

51 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Like I said, it's easy to point fingers and yell when you're only job is to do just that. But it's not leadership and that us why he looks bad now. He is doing the same things but when you are supposed to be a leader you actually need to come up with the answers. It's why conservatives are failing the country right now. They aren't interested in answers, only yelling about how awful the other guys are.

Same could be said about our provincial NDP party right now....or any opposition ever, anywhere. Platforms are never released anymore prior to election calls.

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

You know what's great about an effective opposition? New ideas and holding gov't accountable. 

But, it's hard to hold a gov't accountable when you're starting culture wars and yelling at the wind. It's sad and pathetic. 

At least the NDP bring ideas. 

Here, I snatched this off their website:

“Budget 2023 must reverse inflationary deficits and taxes and end the war on work, by letting workers bring home more of what they earn. It must also remove gatekeepers to free up and speed up permits for homes people can afford.

“Make Canada work for the people who work.

Bring home powerful paycheques with lower taxes, so hard work pays off again.

Bring home lower prices, by ending inflationary carbon tax hikes & deficit spending that drive up inflation & interest rates.

Bring homes people can afford, by removing government gatekeepers to free up land and speed up building permits.

“We must bring home a country that works for people who work. Bring home powerful paycheques, bring home lower prices and bring homes people can afford. It is the common sense of the common people.”

Make Canada work for the people who work? I would have focus grouped this a bit more.

2 hours ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The Liberals don't like me...?

Oh No Anyway GIF - Oh No Anyway - Discover & Share GIFs

You can keep playing the "a lot of people agree with me" card but that's an embarrassing retort. 

For a guy who claims he's putting facts first regarding his views, you sure let your emotions dictate your comments here.

Why? What was good about him before he assumed the role leader of the opposition?

The only fact I care about right now is that Trudeau is corrupt, is ruling like an autocrat, and needs to go. You can call that emotion if you like, I will call it fact.

Just now, GCn20 said:

The only fact I care about right now is that Trudeau is corrupt, is ruling like an autocrat, and needs to go. You can call that emotion if you like, I will call it fact.

You can't even use the word autocrat properly. Or the word fact, to be fair.

This is straight up unhinged trolling on your part. 

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

how so?

Well, he has repeatedly used the PMO to set ALL government agenda, refuses to call a public inquiry although the HofC voted to have one, has strong armed and intimidated his MPs to be complicit in his scandals. Sounds like an autocrat to me. Even his ex-ministers like Bill Morneau, and JWR, have spoken very publically about this. He is a textbook autocrat. 

10 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

This Should Be Good GIFs | Tenor

Your grasp of the English language is brutal, then.

Autocrat synonyms: dictator, tyrant, authoritarian.

Hmmm, where have we heard this language used before?

Have you even looked up the Webster definition? You should.

https://financialpost.com/diane-francis/diane-francis-trudeaus-autocratic-proclivities-a-clear-and-present-danger-to-canadian-democracy

Edited by GCn20

any time I see people using JWR as an example of an honest politician who stood up to Trudeau and told the truth (!!) my eyes roll further and further into the back of my head. That woman is a noted crazy person. There's a reason virtually no one came to her defense after she got booted out ("left to run as independent") and it's not because Trudeau somehow muzzled all her "supporters"..... I just truly believe nobody liked her and she was bonkers from jump street. 

15 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Well, he has repeatedly used the PMO to set ALL government agenda, refuses to call a public inquiry although the HofC voted to have one, has strong armed and intimidated his MPs to be complicit in his scandals. Sounds like an autocrat to me. Even his ex-ministers like Bill Morneau, and JWR, have spoken very publically about this. He is a textbook autocrat. 

https://financialpost.com/diane-francis/diane-francis-trudeaus-autocratic-proclivities-a-clear-and-present-danger-to-canadian-democracy

Oh Gawd....referencing Diane Francis.....

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/autocrat

1: a person ruling with unlimited authority

2: one who has undisputed influence or power

On the one hand, you accuse him of setting "all government agenda" (whatever the **** that means) while presenting no evidence to prop up your feeble claim that he's an autocrat. You then proceed to suggest he refuses to call a public inquiry, despite the fact MPs already voted on that and the motion was defeated. That fact was covered a while ago in this thread, but you chose to ignore that.

The Prime Minister of Canada has no unlimited authority. To try and claim otherwise without actual evidence just smacks of ignorance and is the same insufferable rhetoric the Covidiot Clown Convoy and its supporters have been spewing for far too long.

There is a glaring lack of understanding related to our nation's democratic institutions and the checks and balances in place. Do better.

9 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's a minority gov't. Not like he has prorogued it to avoid a non-confidence vote. What sort of autocrat would do that!? Sounds like projecting. 

Every accusation is a confession.

21 minutes ago, Noeller said:

any time I see people using JWR as an example of an honest politician who stood up to Trudeau and told the truth (!!) my eyes roll further and further into the back of my head. That woman is a noted crazy person. There's a reason virtually no one came to her defense after she got booted out ("left to run as independent") and it's not because Trudeau somehow muzzled all her "supporters"..... I just truly believe nobody liked her and she was bonkers from jump street. 

Unfortunate you feel that way. I have known her for quite some time, and she is anything but crazy. Extremely intelligent and a pillar in the native community. 

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

It's a minority gov't. Not like he has prorogued it to avoid a non-confidence vote. What sort of autocrat would do that!? Sounds like projecting. 

Really? Your post sounds like whataboutism to me.

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Unfortunate you feel that way. I have known her for quite some time, and she is anything but crazy. Extremely intelligent and a pillar in the native community. 

Let's go down this path... the PMO has too much power. This is something I absolutely agree with. It's been a problem for a while and has been exasperated by the Harper and Trudeau gov'ts. More power has been concentrated in that office than should be there. 

In the past, the MPs voted on the leader for the party. I would like to go back to that practice. It's the Westminster system. That would put the power back into the hands of the gov't MPs. If there was a "revolt", they could replace the leader. 

This would also put more emphasis on the importance of elections and more importance in the role of the MP. Unless you live in Papineau, you're not voting for Trudeau. Unless you live south of Ottawa, you're not voting for Poilievre. Let's stop pretending we are. 

Edited by JCon