Canadian Politics

Conservative MP's cozying up to Christine Anderson.  Here's what her party's (AFD) founding member had to say about Hitler:

"In early June 2018, Gauland, who was the party's parliamentary group leader, triggered outrage across the country when he trivialized the Nazi dictatorship and the Holocaust. Speaking at a party event, he said that "Hitler and the Nazis were no more than a speck of bird's **** in over 1,000 years of successful history.""

23 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Conservative MP's cozying up to Christine Anderson.  Here's what her party's (AFD) founding member had to say about Hitler:

"In early June 2018, Gauland, who was the party's parliamentary group leader, triggered outrage across the country when he trivialized the Nazi dictatorship and the Holocaust. Speaking at a party event, he said that "Hitler and the Nazis were no more than a speck of bird's **** in over 1,000 years of successful history.""

Is ANYONE surprised that the CPC/PPC is getting into bed with fascists? 

Have we talked on here about the "15 Minute City" conspiracy theories....? Is that getting much traction in Manitoba? Let me tell you, Alberta is up in arms about this...... absolutely freaking out. I was at a social event Saturday night where various local politicians give short speeches "to bring greetings" from their various governments (local/provincial) and one of them went off on an absolute tirade about how her government would never allow such a thing, and telling those in attendance not to worry and that they'll never have to put up barbed wire around their property, etc....... It is just wild right now in rural AB. 

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Have we talked on here about the "15 Minute City" conspiracy theories....? Is that getting much traction in Manitoba? Let me tell you, Alberta is up in arms about this...... absolutely freaking out. I was at a social event Saturday night where various local politicians give short speeches "to bring greetings" from their various governments (local/provincial) and one of them went off on an absolute tirade about how her government would never allow such a thing, and telling those in attendance not to worry and that they'll never have to put up barbed wire around their property, etc....... It is just wild right now in rural AB. 

Oh for gods sake. Of all the things to freak out over, being able to walk to the grocery store..Just when I thought it couldn’t get any more idiotic. 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Danielle Smith is legit as stupid and cynical as Boebert.

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I endured three years in southern Alberta near High River and have never regretted the decision to get the hell out of there. It cost a lot of money to make the move but worth every penny. Manitoba is not Eden, but much more sane overall despite Stefansson et al trying to change that. I remember some 30 years ago then-Prime Minister Jean Chretien saying after visit to Alberta, that he understood Quebec separatists and all the other marginal political interests in Canada but he just could not understand how the wealthiest province in Canada could have so much to be militant about,

23 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Rage farming. It's how they get votes. That and low education. 

7 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Danielle Smith is legit as stupid and cynical as Boebert.

Danielle Smith is a great example that being a polished articulate calm communicator DOES not always translate into being an educated and informed person on complex sensitive matters requiring critical thought controlling for one's political ideologies.

It just means you're great at articulating your drivel and really great at selling bridges to the mouth breathing knuckle draggers who seem to like to part with their money on things they think will punish others.  

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

I remember some 30 years ago then-Prime Minister Jean Chretien saying after visit to Alberta, that he understood Quebec separatists and all the other marginal political interests in Canada but he just could not understand how the wealthiest province in Canada could have so much to be militant about,

Well that attitude was part of the problem. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

Oh for gods sake. Of all the things to freak out over, being able to walk to the grocery store..Just when I thought it couldn’t get any more idiotic. 

Walk to the store, have a doctor close by... gym parks etc.... yeah what an awful idea. Sign me up for hour long commutes in bumper to bumper traffic. Damned woke liberals trying to kill oil and gas.

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Well that attitude was part of the problem. 

Walk to the store, have a doctor close by... gym parks etc.... yeah what an awful idea. Sign me up for hour long commutes in bumper to bumper traffic. Damned woke liberals trying to kill oil and gas.

Don't worry there is a proposal to raise the speed limit on AB. highways to 120 kmh, which if passed will help consumption from falling as it will empower yahoos to drive 130 kmh. to the other end of the city.  They're also cutting the taxation on chewing tobacco by $10 million to send a message to everyone who is especially goodly.

Also this.

This is in Kananaskis. Peanut Butter Valley is an official OHV trail that also allows Trucks. Trucks registered on the road don’t pay any OHV fees. This is FREE There is NO Conservation Fee If you park on the other side of the road to go hiking, biking or skiing, it costs $95.

Oh I already got an angry rant in about the kanaskis stuff when I saw it. Off readers get coddled and I get a sternly worded letter because I didn't pay for a pass for an hours worth of cross country skiing.

40 minutes ago, Noeller said:

But, you of all people know that pandering to a toddler having a tantrum also isn't the answer. Chretien was right, he just shouldn't have been so public with his thoughts... 

Well I also know you don't tell a toddler "why are you upset? Your brother has it worse than you"

To illustrate the thinking of some of the conservative-supporting folks in our province:

REMINDER: 911 is ONLY for emergencies
Yesterday, Manitoba RCMP received a 911 call from a woman in Steinbach who was angry about the long drive thru line at the new Burger King. We realize you aren’t you when you’re hangry, but this is not a valid reason to dial 911.

40 minutes ago, Tracker said:

To illustrate the thinking of some of the conservative-supporting folks in our province:

REMINDER: 911 is ONLY for emergencies
Yesterday, Manitoba RCMP received a 911 call from a woman in Steinbach who was angry about the long drive thru line at the new Burger King. We realize you aren’t you when you’re hangry, but this is not a valid reason to dial 911.

No sir, my individual right to receive a whopper promptly and within the timeframe I want trumps everything else.

Sheep.