• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not quite if this belongs here, but.....                                 

Probably safer to just never bring it up again.

For me being fiscally conservative means being fiscally responsible. Keeping deficits low/nil when not in a crisis. Using science and research to fund social programming. Using deficit spending to kee

1 minute ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Unfortunately all those things don't require a tax to offset road repairs.... which is the original reason for the fuel tax.

A tax is a tax, regardless of what the gov'ts "reasoning" behind it is. Everything goes into one pool.

6 hours ago, JCon said:

Taxes are general revenue. Gas taxes don't pay for roads, all taxes pay for roads. Like, all taxes pay for healthcare. 

I know this, I'm just saying that reasoning has been used to justify gas taxes before. I guess I wasn't clear, I was more surprised the right was using some semblance of logic to justify it as opposed to some bullcrap.

36 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I know this, I'm just saying that reasoning has been used to justify gas taxes before. I guess I wasn't clear, I was more surprised the right was using some semblance of logic to justify it as opposed to some bullcrap.

That would require both intelligence and effort. so.......

11 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

Cuts to Healthcare. Cuts to Education. One of the worse vaccination rollouts in Canada but Pallister has $25 million for a redevelopment fund for the downtown Bay building? **** this *******! **** the entire Manitoba PC Party!

So what are you trying to say? lol