Kyle Walters Press Conf.

Logan007

10 hours ago, Blueandgold said:

It was fairly obvious. He refused to specifically endorse that decision. 

Did you think that he was going to flat out say '' it was a horrible choice''? 

What was fairly obvious was his answer- that he doesn't get into the coaching end of it. There was nothing in his demeoner that suggested otherwise. 

You heard/read into what YOU wanted to hear - and for that, you get a asinine out of ten..

6 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

What was fairly obvious was his answer- that he doesn't get into the coaching end of it. There was nothing in his demeoner that suggested otherwise. 

You heard/read into what YOU wanted to hear - and for that, you get a asinine out of ten..

I thought Walters was quite forthright, the only thing I read into his presentation was an open disdain for the media held by many in the sporting community.  I would categorize a few of his comments as nothing less than unnecessary cheap shots towards a media that has been quite supportive of his tenure.   Kyle's mother should have told him, "if you don't want to be scrutinized, don't sign up to sing Ethel Merman show tunes."

1 hour ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I thought Walters was quite forthright, the only thing I read into his presentation was an open disdain for the media held by many in the sporting community.  I would categorize a few of his comments as nothing less than unnecessary cheap shots towards a media that has been quite supportive of his tenure.   Kyle's mother should have told him, "if you don't want to be scrutinized, don't sign up to sing Ethel Merman show tunes."

Did you hear some of the questions? The media deserves disdain. You can tell which guys Walters respects and which he doesn't which is totally fair. Guys like Wiecek and Friesen deserve nothing but scorn for their shameful work. Laziest bunch of hacks ever

On 2016-11-19 at 9:54 AM, Mr Dee said:

Actually, he kind of admitted to getting into coaching decisions. He said that afterwards he asks MOS was his thinking was behind certain decisions.

50 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Actually, he kind of admitted to getting into coaching decisions. He said that afterwards he asks MOS was his thinking was behind certain decisions.

I don't mind that aspect of it at all. That's part of Walter's job. It's good to know where Oshea is coming from. What I would mind is asking O'Shea..during the game.

Clearly, that's not the same thing.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

We've got some real assholes on the Bombers and Jets beats. I'll tell you what, of I've learned anything in Alberta over the last decade, it's that the hardcore homer fans wouldn't put up with that **** from their beat guys out here... 

maybe its nostalgia but I feel like the media for bombers pre jets era was a lot better. In general actually I think it was better across the board. Maybe its become spread thin. Or maybe it just rose tinted glasses. 

21 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

maybe its nostalgia but I feel like the media for bombers pre jets era was a lot better. In general actually I think it was better across the board. Maybe its become spread thin. Or maybe it just rose tinted glasses. 

I think its a sign of the times.  Newspapers are dying and those that are left are the ones that can't spin into another career.

Both Tait and Lawless, two of the better sports guys we've had in the past decade have left the Free Press and their replacements are not at the same level. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I think its a sign of the times.  Newspapers are dying and those that are left are the ones that can't spin into another career.

Both Tait and Lawless, two of the better sports guys we've had in the past decade have left the Free Press and their replacements are not at the same level. 

could well be it too. A combination of all factors even.