US Politics

Rich

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

This just keeps getting better and better....

'I was talking about something totally different': Herschel Walker denies abortion payment denial

Georgia's embattled Republican United States Senate candidate Herschel Walker was confronted by reporters on Thursday over Wednesday night's revelations by The Daily Beast that the woman who obtained an abortion in 2009 at Walker's expense reportedly also had a child with the former professional football star.

Walker has denied knowing the anonymous individual as well as anything about her pregnancy. But on Thursday, Walker stumbled over his side of the story when he was pressed on the matter.
"I said no and that's what I mean when I said no. I said that's not correct, that's a lie. And that's what I mean, that's a lie," Walker declared as he searched for a friendly face in the gaggle.

Walker tried to refute his own instance that "there was nothing to be ashamed of," despite his right-wing-backed campaign being defined by his supposed anti-choice stance:  "I never said – no, what I said, I was talking about something totally different than if it did happen. I said, well now with my ex-wife and my past, nothing to do with what this woman said. I said this hear abortion thing is false. It's a lie. And that's what I said. I said anything happened with my ex-wife or what [son] Christian was talking about, I don't know."

Walker attempted to muddy the waters: "But as I said, if anything happened, there's nothing to be ashamed of. My ex-wife and I have been the best of friends with her husband and my wife. So that's the thing I've said. And I've said nothing about if it did happen because I said that's a lie".

Garbly nonsense best summarizes his attempt here.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

Trump Reportedly Pitched Trading Classified Files for Documents Proving Russia Probe was a Hoax

Instead of returning the classified materials he’d taken to Mar-a-Lago from the White House, Donald Trump allegedly wanted to trade them for documents showing the FBI investigated his 2016 campaign ties to Russia, according to reporting from The New York Times. For more than a year, National Archives officials hounded the former president’s aides and attorneys to return the boxes. Trump insisted they contained nothing important, some just had dirty laundry. But after more pushing from his team, Trump pitched a deal: give the government back its files in exchange for proof that the FBI’s Russia investigation was a “hoax,” the Times reported. His aides knew the idea would be a “non-starter” and never acted on it. After one of Trump’s attorneys warned him he could face serious consequences if he did not return the classified documents, the former president, who kept insisting the “boxes were ‘mine,’” began going through them last December, the Times said. The news is the latest in the ongoing saga, which has sparked a Justice Department investigation into Trump's handling of the classified material. Federal investigators still believe he is withholding government documents, the Times reported earlier this week.

Dr. Oz Tops Herschel Walker By Being Photographed With Hitler’s Car

It is impossible to believe that a candidate and a party would make this kind of mistake, but here it is:

Nothing to see here, just Pennsylvania’s Republican US Senate candidate being photographed with Hitler’s car prominently on display. Since this is the haplessly run National Republican Senatorial Committee, under the leadership of Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL), it isn’t much of a surprise that they set up one of their candidates to be seen with Hitler’s car.

It wouldn’t be difficult to set up the speaking area to not display Hitler’s car.

If their are still classified documents missing or even any documents that do not belong to the Orange Goblin the DOJ needs to get search warrants for all of Trump's properties and as morbid as this sounds that would include his ex wife's casket buried in one of his golf properties. I wouldn't put any past that waste of skin.

Gavin McInnes Attempts to Quash Proud Boys’ Post-Jan. 6 ‘Civil War’"  Facing revelations that their leader was a federal informant, the Proud Boys have erupted in recriminations.

When Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes headed to Las Vegas for WestFest, the annual convention of his hard-drinking, street-fighting right-wing men’s group, he thought he knew what to expect.

In the past, the convention had been a chance for McInnes to be feted as a hero—like “the Fonz” from Happy Days, as he put it on his online show.

But last month, as he headed to this year’s event, McInnes was in for what he later described as “the weirdest experience of my life.”

Much of the Proud Boys’ leadership is currently in jail, facing the prospect of hefty prison terms for their alleged role in the Capitol riot. Still, the Proud Boys meeting in Las Vegas should have been united by their pro-Trump politics, their desire for membership in a hard-drinking brotherhood, and their adherence to a club rule that they only masturbate, at most, once a month.

But McInnes, who claimed to have abandoned any role in the organization in 2018 in the face of law enforcement pressure, found the mood icy. The Proud Boys in Las Vegas were bitterly divided, split roughly evenly between two factions that call themselves “Standard” and “National.” Each group accused the other of harboring federal informants and sex offenders.

“Both sides say that the other side is racist and tolerates pedophiles,” McInnes said later on his online show.

McInnes himself was not popular with many members. He had recently faked his own arrest to go on vacation, a move that struck some Proud Boys as a sort of federal-investigation stolen valor, coming right as one Proud Boy was sentenced to nearly five years in prison over Jan. 6. Still, inspired by witnessing what he called a “massive civil war” in Las Vegas, McInnes tried to quash the fighting. His attempts offer a glimpse into the influence McInnes still holds over the secretive quasi-paramilitary group, and the chaos that has enveloped the organization after the Capitol riot.y
The split between the Proud Boys factions dates back to the post-Jan. 6 revelations that Enrique Tarrio, the group’s “chairman,” worked as a federal informant on cases that predated the Proud Boys’ existence. Tarrio’s home chapter in south Florida split into two rival chapters, dubbed “Villain City” and “Vice City,” and clashed online over Tarrio’s reputation. Elsewhere in the country, furious members who felt Tarrio had betrayed the club or led them into disaster at the Capitol dubbed him “Fedrique,” and several chapters announced that they would no longer recognize the authority of national-level leaders like Tarrio.

Several of the breakaway chapters envisioned a more decentralized Proud Boys governed not by Tarrio and his ilk, but by a “Standard” of behavior. While it’s not clear to outsiders what all of the rules under that “Standard” are, one supporter summed it up on Telegram, the social media app where Proud Boys banned from Twitter and Facebook have ended up. The two main rules: “No snitches. No sex criminals.”

That split set off a showdown between the splinter faction calling itself the Standard and the chapters that still adhered to Tarrio’s leadership, dubbed “National.” Rival Proud Boys “disavowed” one another, the group’s term for banishing a member from the Proud Boys. Intra-Proud Boy trash talk and threats proliferated on Telegram, where Proud Boys from across the country could follow the drama and fight. One Proud Boy on Telegram boasted that he would be the “Standard killer.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gavin-mcinnes-attempts-to-quash-proud-boys-post-jan-6-civil-war?ref=home

Leader of Republican party:

"Trump baselessly claimed that the late former President George H.W. Bush kept secret government documents in a "bowling alley slash Chinese restaurant."

"George H.W. Bush took millions of documents to a former bowling alley and a former Chinese restaurant where they combined them," Trump said. "So they're in a bowling alley slash Chinese restaurant."

"By contrast, I had a small number of boxes and storage at Mar-A-Lago — very small, relatively — guarded by the great Secret Service, we love the Secret Service. And yet the FBI, with many people, raided my house," he added.

During a rally in Arizona on Sunday, Trump made the same claim, alleging that Bush "took millions and millions of documents to a former bowling alley pieced together with what was then an old and broken Chinese restaurant."

"And it had a broken front door and broken windows. Other than that, it was quite secure," Trump said, questioning why Bush was not being investigated and prosecuted. Bush died in Houston in 2018.

Commenting on Trump's claims, Vance tweeted: "In my experience as a prosecutor, people say stuff like this when they're guilty & scared."

yahoo

Edited by Mark F

These midterms are going to be a **** show Democrats are cowering to the Republicans in Arizona by not engaging them in debate and letting the Republicans run their mouths. Also if the Republicans do not win they wont concede and will continue to deny elections for years to come.

6 hours ago, bustamente said:

Ever the 3D chess player Trump the idiot proclaims that the documents are his but they were planted, he is a true genius in the art of stupidity

At a massive rally today (12 people in attendance in a dirt field) Trump admitted that he had boxes of documents from the White House in his possession, but it was OK because he declassified them- presumably with his mind. For the American DOJ, this potential prosecution has become a slam-dunk.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

At a massive rally today (12 people in attendance in a dirt field) Trump admitted that he had boxes of documents from the White House in his possession, but it was OK because he declassified them- presumably with his mind. For the American DOJ, this potential prosecution has become a slam-dunk.

.................and yet he does rallies spewing lies and more lies and helping toxic candidates, after the Democrats lose the House and many Governors races they will find themselves is a real bad spot as theses buffoons have already told them they will prosecute anyone that looked cross eyed at their imperial leader

5 minutes ago, bustamente said:

.................and yet he does rallies spewing lies and more lies and helping toxic candidates, after the Democrats lose the House and many Governors races they will find themselves is a real bad spot as theses buffoons have already told them they will prosecute anyone that looked cross eyed at their imperial leader

This episode, on top of so many others, underscores that Trump is undeniably a dimwit with the self-preservation instincts of a bowl of Jello.

Latest bombshell in Trump document scandal leaves NY Times reporter at a loss for words

According to a recent report from The New York Times, the National Archives ratcheted up its pressure on former President Donald Trump to return documents he'd taken from the White House to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

"Mr. Trump, still determined to show he had been wronged by the F.B.I. investigation into his 2016 campaign’s ties to Russia, was angry with the National Archives and Records Administration for its unwillingness to hand over a batch of sensitive documents that he thought proved his claims," The Times' report stated. "In exchange for those documents, Mr. Trump told advisers, he would return to the National Archives the boxes of material he had taken to Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Fla."
Speaking to MSNBC this Monday, the report's co-author Michael Schmidt said the the notion of Trump using classified documents as a negotiating tool with the National Archives "is just another example of how Trump has sort of approached all of these investigations."

"He was entertaining outlandish ideas -- ideas that were not based in typical reality of what you can and cannot do," Schmidt said. "The idea that if you had materials that were government records and you could use them as a bargaining chip -- with Trump you run out of adjectives, and the best one we could come up with is 'outlandish.'"

"But in the story, what we do is we chronicle that not only did [his behavior] fit a pattern about the previous investigation, like the Russia investigation where he entertains crazy thoughts, but he also, he misled his own aides, he pushed them to take actions that he was unwilling to take himself, and that in turn exposed the aides and the lawyers and the representatives that were working for him, that increased their own legal exposure. And with Trump, it is a story that time and time again repeats itself."

Trump Attorney Reportedly Blames Other Trump Attorney, Hires Her Own Attorney

One of Donald Trump’s attorneys has reportedly hired an attorney of her own ― and is pointing the finger at yet another of the ex-president’s lawyers about an alleged false statement made earlier this year.

According to NBC News, Trump attorney Christina Bobb spoke to federal investigators last week about the June statement she signed that claimed Trump had turned over all documents related to a subpoena, and no longer had any classified material at Mar-a-Lago.

As the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago in August revealed, he still possessed hundreds of files.

Bobb told investigators she didn’t write the statement she signed, NBC News reported. She claimed it was drafted by Evan Corcoran, another Trump attorney. She signed it only after adding a disclaimer that said it was “based upon the information that has been provided to me.”

The Guardian confirmed that Bobb said she was instructed to sign the document at the direction of Corcoran despite not actually conducting the search for those records herself, and that she had insisted on the disclaimer.

Bobb was Trump’s custodian of records at the time. Both news organizations also reported that she said another Trump attorney, Boris Epshteyn, was involved.

In addition, NBC News reported that Bobb had retained Tampa-based criminal defense attorney John Lauro.

After the FBI discovered highly sensitive documents at Mar-a-Lago in August, former federal prosecutor Andrew Weissmann warned that both Bobb and Corcoran could face potential perjury and obstruction charges over the statement. He urged them to get “the best defense counsel you can possibly get.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-attorney-blames-attorney_n_63451bffe4b03e8038ccbdab