US Politics

Rich

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Not a lawyer don't play one on tv from a prosecution point of view what is going to be done with all of these taking the 5th responses?

Also not a lawyer and definitely not that smart but pleading the 5th is invoked when you don't want to incriminate yourself. So with the 1/6 committee that's where it ends. Even in a criminal case pleading the 5th can not be used against you to imply guilt. Simply put these guys are going to get away with everything they tried to do and go on with their lives till the next time.

56 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Also not a lawyer and definitely not that smart but pleading the 5th is invoked when you don't want to incriminate yourself. So with the 1/6 committee that's where it ends. Even in a criminal case pleading the 5th can not be used against you to imply guilt. Simply put these guys are going to get away with everything they tried to do and go on with their lives till the next time.

Fortunately, there is mountains of evidence, including their own words and documents. But, no, there is no legal implications for pleading the 5th. You do not need to incriminate yourself. 

Dbqc3l_XUAIiUiQ.jpg

19 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Here's an excerpt

dont know how many know, a former U of M music faculty member child was murdered at Sandy Hook.

https://globalnews.ca/news/1687676/former-winnipeg-jazz-teacher-releasing-album-for-daughter-killed-in-sandy-hook-shooting/

49 minutes ago, JCon said:

But, no, there is no legal implications for pleading the 5th. You do not need to incriminate yourself. 

this is probably wrong. quick look produced this.

"But taking the Fifth can have severe consequences nonetheless.  In a civil case or a civil enforcement action, the judge or jury can draw an adverse inference to support liability when the defendant invokes the Fifth Amendment.  And an employee who invokes the Fifth Amendment in response to questions from federal agents who are investigating corporate wrongdoing might be fired as a result."

https://www.mololamken.com/knowledge-What-Does-It-Really-Mean-To-Take-the-Fifth

I read that this comes in to play in the New York civil action against Trump, where he used fifth amendment many times.

Trump sure has the spotlight. 

Edited by Mark F

Oath Keepers threatened violence against Mike Pence even before January 6th: report

When far-right supporters of then-President Donald Trump attacked the U.S. Capitol Building on January 6, 2021, they were not only angry with Democrats, but also, with Republicans they believed had betrayed Trump — including then-Vice President Mike Pence. Crowds of Trump supporters chanted, “Hang Mike Pence, hang Mike Pence” that day, and some of them even set up a gallows outside the Capitol.

But the danger that Pence faced did not start on January 6. Journalist Pilar Melendez, in an article published by the Daily Beast on October 14, reports that a pro-Trump member of the Oath Keepers was threatening violence against Pence even before that.

Evidence presented in a courtroom on October 14, according to Melendez, revealed that Oath Keeper Thomas Caldwell threatened Pence with violence in a text message dated January 1, 2021. Caldwell said of the then-vice president, “If he hopes to live till Friday, he better stand tall.”

https://www.alternet.org/2022/10/oath-keepers-violence-mike-pence/

On 2022-10-15 at 9:34 AM, HardCoreBlue said:

But yet he walks freely amongst us, lying, grifting away mocking people everywhere he goes.

Roger Stone this weekend turned on Trump and his family. Kanye West bought a right-wing website that had been critical of him but intends that there will be no change in the right-wing drivel it has been spewing. Herschel Walker and Mehmet Oz continue to spin out of control with lies that their followers sop up.

4 hours ago, iHeart said:

Maybe they,( Trump, Lindsay Graham, Marjorie Taylor Green, Matt Gaetz etc etc) could get a group rate.

Texts reveal Marjorie Taylor Greene’s efforts to 'overturn the 2020 presidential election': journalist

When Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia debated Marcus Flowers, her Democratic challenger in the 2022 midterms, on October 16, he lambasted her for encouraging the insurrectionists who attacked the U.S. Capitol Building on January 6, 2021. Greene angrily responded that it was unfair to blame her for that attack in any way. But an article written by journalist/author Hunter Walker and published on SubStack following that debate demonstrates that Greene promoted the Big Lie after the 2020 election and encouraged MAGA efforts to overturn the election results.

Greene, during the debate, told Flowers, “You cannot accuse me of insurrection. I was a victim of the January 6 riot just as much as any other member of Congress. That was the third day I had on the job. I had nothing to do with what happened there that day, and I will not have you accuse me of that. That is wrong of you to do. You’re lying about me, and you will not defame my character in that manner.”

But text messages that Greene sent to former White House Chief of Starr Mark Meadows before January 6, 2021, according to Walker, “indicate” that she “was involved in organizing the efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election at the U.S.”

https://www.alternet.org/2022/10/marjorie-taylor-greene-texts-insurrection/

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Texts reveal Marjorie Taylor Greene’s efforts to 'overturn the 2020 presidential election': journalist

When Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia debated Marcus Flowers, her Democratic challenger in the 2022 midterms, on October 16, he lambasted her for encouraging the insurrectionists who attacked the U.S. Capitol Building on January 6, 2021. Greene angrily responded that it was unfair to blame her for that attack in any way. But an article written by journalist/author Hunter Walker and published on SubStack following that debate demonstrates that Greene promoted the Big Lie after the 2020 election and encouraged MAGA efforts to overturn the election results.

Greene, during the debate, told Flowers, “You cannot accuse me of insurrection. I was a victim of the January 6 riot just as much as any other member of Congress. That was the third day I had on the job. I had nothing to do with what happened there that day, and I will not have you accuse me of that. That is wrong of you to do. You’re lying about me, and you will not defame my character in that manner.”

But text messages that Greene sent to former White House Chief of Starr Mark Meadows before January 6, 2021, according to Walker, “indicate” that she “was involved in organizing the efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election at the U.S.”

https://www.alternet.org/2022/10/marjorie-taylor-greene-texts-insurrection/

There is no acting with her based on the need of the hour. She is what she portrays. She is one ugly person inside. I could give a rats ass on how she looks on the outside.

She and her guild are not good people. There’s no olive branch approaches with her. She takes these branches, burns them and throws the ashes back into your face.

5 hours ago, bustamente said:

What Putin is doing with this Kamikaze drones is an act of terrorism. 

Putin and his sycophants are war criminals many times over.

LOL! Danchenko acquitted in the Durham trial.  Massive failure for,the whole Durham probe and all the Trumpies are crapping their pants about it.  Quite a bit tougher to sway a jury trial then to get a corrupt Trump judge to rule in favour, they are finding out.

2 hours ago, wpgallday1960 said:

LOL! Danchenko acquitted in the Durham trial.

it was very smart to let this Durham character proceed with whatever it is that he's doing.

are you a Marcy Wheeler reader? bit too complex and cerebral for me, but she has demolished durham regularly.

here she compares durham to mueller. chart. 

her headline " John Durham keeps accusing people of lying when only he is"  😂

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/10/18/igor-danchenko-acquitted-on-all-remaining-charges/

Edited by Mark F

22 minutes ago, Mark F said:

it was very smart to let this Durham character proceed with whatever it is that he's doing.

are you a Marcy Wheeler reader? bit too complex and cerebral for me, but she has demolished durham regularly.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2022/10/18/igor-danchenko-acquitted-on-all-remaining-charges/

I’m going to check out Marcy Wheeler.  I’ve seen “Empty Wheel” on instagram but didn’t make the connection.

16 hours ago, Mark F said:

What I found amusing about the Danchenko  trial is that his defence did not call a single witness.  They just let Durham bugger it up all by himself. Of course, having no case to start with didn’t bode well either.

So... if putin was able to assassinate Biden at the upcoming G20 meeting... would republicans be upset or their ghoulish nature take over and make excuses for putin and so... I know ****** carlson's reaction... but what about the rest of that party and supporters? What percent would go the ****** carlson way? It would be interesting to see the polls that come out about that... 

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

2 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

So... if putin was able to assassinate Biden at the upcoming G20 meeting... would republicans be upset or their ghoulish nature take over and make excuses for putin and so... I know ****** carlson's reaction... but what about the rest of that party and supporters? What percent would go the ****** carlson way? It would be interesting to see the polls that come out about that... 

Also, knowing where the pendulum of anti Intelligence, anti life long learning, anti just be a well adjusted human being has swung, Marco Rubio got totally destroyed at the debate last night, clearly. However, since 2016 where things began to really regress and to where we find ourselves now, it won’t make a difference and ironically may help him because of stupid, dumb ‘you don’t look and talk like me so I don’t like you’ people.

Edited by HardCoreBlue

4 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Also, knowing where the pendulum of anti Intelligence, anti life long learning, anti just be a well adjusted human being has swung, Marco Rubio got totally destroyed at the debate last night, clearly. However, since 2016 where things began to really regress and to where we find ourselves now, it won’t make a difference and ironically may help him because of stupid, dumb ‘you don’t look and talk like me so I don’t like you’ people.

Watch the video too. The arrogance is unreal.