US Politics

Rich

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

I mentioned economics, because if their economy tanks, ours is likely to follow and that has the potential for widespread impact on all of our lives.  

I also mentioned more than just economics.  You don’t think what is happening in the States right now hasn’t already started to creep in and influence what is happening here?  

As I previously mentioned, it has and will to an extent in the future, but the economic impact is not critical to our wellbeing as a society, We can survive that so long as no more than a few percent of Canadians do not adulate and try to re-create the toxic society the Americans have. I think we have enough bulwarks in our culture that they confer a significant degree of immunity to that.

Madison Cawthorn Confirms Tape Showing Him Naked And Engaged In Physical Activity With Another Man Is Real

Madison Cawthorn Confirms Video Of Him Naked In Bed With Another Man Is Real.  We will not be publishing the video. If you haven’t seen it, consider yourself lucky.

Rep. Cawthorn tweeted a denial but also a confirmation that the tape is real:

A new hit against me just dropped.  Years ago, in this video, I was being crass with a friend, trying to be funny.

We were acting foolish, and joking.  That’s it.

I’m NOT backing down. I told you there would be a drip drip campaign.

Blackmail won't win. We will.

— Madison Cawthorn (@CawthornforNC) May 4, 2022

The video was making the rounds on Twitter shortly after Cawthorn released a video statement denying that he is a”drag queen:”

I’m ready to keep fighting for you. I wanted you to know the truth, straight from me. Don’t lose hope, don’t listen to the fake news.

Don’t let the swamp of Washington dissuade or distract you from sending a warrior back to Washington.

I’ve only just begun to fight for you. 

The multiple arrests for DUI and driving with a suspended license were a big red flag that Madison Cawthorn is a train wreck of a human being, and that is not even considering the fact that he has been cited twice in a year for bringing a gun into an airport.

Cawthorn shouldn’t be in Congress.  With the number of DUI arrests that he has had, an argument can be made that he shouldn’t be in society.

Rep. Cawthorn apparently doesn’t know what the term blackmail means. Cawthorn is not being blackmailed. The voters in his district are getting the full picture of his behavior.

It doesn’t matter if Madison Cawthorn is gay, which before people go there, he has been accused of sexual assault and sexual harassment,  which he has denied, or what kind of clothes he likes to wear.

His behavior and inability to be honest with the people of his district are all that count.  The voters in his North Carolina district deserve a representative that they can be proud of. Madison Cawthorn is not that person.

Do yourself a favor. Do not watch the naked Madison Cawthorn tape.  You’ve been warned.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Madison Cawthorn Confirms Tape Showing Him Naked And Engaged In Physical Activity With Another Man Is Real

Madison Cawthorn Confirms Video Of Him Naked In Bed With Another Man Is Real.  We will not be publishing the video. If you haven’t seen it, consider yourself lucky.

A new hit against me just dropped.  Years ago, in this video, I was being crass with a friend, trying to be funny.

The video was making the rounds on Twitter shortly after Cawthorn released a video statement denying that he is a”drag queen:”

I’m ready to keep fighting for you. I wanted you to know the truth, straight from me. Don’t lose hope, don’t listen to the fake news.

Don’t let the swamp of Washington dissuade or distract you from sending a warrior back to Washington.

The multiple arrests for DUI and driving with a suspended license were a big red flag that Madison Cawthorn is a train wreck of a human being, and that is not even considering the fact that he has been cited twice in a year for bringing a gun into an airport.

Cawthorn shouldn’t be in Congress.  With the number of DUI arrests that he has had, an argument can be made that he shouldn’t be in society.

Rep. Cawthorn apparently doesn’t know what the term blackmail means. Cawthorn is not being blackmailed. The voters in his district are getting the full picture of his behavior.

It doesn’t matter if Madison Cawthorn is gay, which before people go there, he has been accused of sexual assault and sexual harassment,  which he has denied, or what kind of clothes he likes to wear.

His behavior and inability to be honest with the people of his district are all that count.  The voters in his North Carolina district deserve a representative that they can be proud of. Madison Cawthorn is not that person.

Do yourself a favor. Do not watch the naked Madison Cawthorn tape.  You’ve been warned.

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

I think we do have a degree of insulation from the current insanity in the US but it is not absolute. We have a parliamentary system of government, bans on massive corporate political donations and a three-party system. We  Canadians live in a country that was created by legislation not a violent uprising and were not as dependent on slave labour and all the evils that came with it and still echo in the US. We are not devoted to firearms and the metaphorical mindset that comes with them. We are not as fanatical (for the most part) to religious/dogmatic extremist beliefs that compel us, as articles of faith to foist our beliefs on others against their will. All of this, I believe contributes to a culture that tolerates diversity and even encourages it.

You certainly have an idealistic view of Canada. We've had our fair share of violent uprisings, both before and after Confederation. It was the Rebellions of 1837-38, that started the movement towards Responsible Government. Trudeau Sr. said it best: "we are lying next to the big elephant, and can't help but be affected by every twitch and grunt."

12 hours ago, Tracker said:

All these people writing books telling us what we already knew about Trump, why didn't you make it public when it was going on they get no pass from me and same goes for all the Senators who gave Trump a pass, whatever happens in the future you a responsible for the imbecile madman known as Trump. If you would of impeached him he would be a footnote in American politics today.

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

I predict thAt if cawthorne can survive the stuff that he appears to be surviving..then he has trump level teflon, 

and he will be in the running for President at some point.

Ironically he and ilk like him use their consistently bad and often illegal behaviour to their advantage as is in ‘another hit job people, I told you this would happen but it won’t stop me, I will fight for you until my last breath’, and people with a very narrow view on this world lap this up like thirsty dogs while parting with their money and sanity. 

Oh and all while Garland and crew stand on the sidelines suggesting to the populace that no one is above the law.

Hundreds of police officers in the United States have been trained by right-wing extremists: report

Hundreds of cops across the United States have been taught by individuals who espouse far-right extremist views, according to a new investigation that was published Friday to sound the alarm on a burgeoning and unregulated private training industry.

Reuters identified five law enforcement trainers who have been hired by police and sheriffs' departments nationwide despite their support for right-wing militia groups, including the Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, and Three Percenters; the QAnon conspiracy, which baselessly claims that Democrats and Hollywood stars belong to a cabal of Satanist pedophiles and cannibals; and former President Donald Trump's "Big Lie" that the 2020 election was stolen.

Some use bigoted instructional materials that promote racism, misogyny, and transphobia, and many endorse the constitutional sheriff philosophy, which maintains that county sheriffs should refuse to uphold any law they find unconstitutional.

"Adherents to the constitutional sheriff movement consider the federal government a grave threat to U.S. citizens," Reuters reported. "They argue that local law enforcement is a higher authority, with the power to countermand the decisions of legislatures, courts, and presidents."

Richard Whitehead, one of dozens of active and retired police officers or trainers who were listed in a database of members of the Oath Keepers, "has called for public executions of government officials he sees as disloyal" to Trump, Reuters reported. In a 2020 social media post, he urged cops "to disobey Covid-19 public-health orders from 'tyrannical governors,' adding: 'We are on the brink of civil war.'"

https://www.alternet.org/2022/05/police-officers-trained-by-extremists/