US Politics

Rich

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Somehow if you do crime in plain sight with the flimsiest of excuses, its all OK. 

There are some interesting recent  examples of this..... one I followed

"On January 2, 2016, an armed group of far-right extremists[26] seized and occupied the headquarters of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Harney County, Oregon,[27] and continued to occupy it until law enforcementmade a final arrest on February 11, 2016.[28] Their leader was Ammon Bundy, who participated in the 2014 Bundy standoff at his father's Nevada ranch. Other members of the group were loosely affiliated with non-governmental militias and the sovereign citizen movement."

Ammon was acquitted    . Amazing.

also the bundy standoff was astounding. No charges. Participants were aiming guns at law enforcement.

No consequences. Mr.  nice guy Obama presiding

that is noticed by the rest of the crackpots.

another..... gretchen witmer plotters acquitted the other day.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Reports have come out that certain Republican members in the Capitol on 1/6 were wearing bullet proof vests, and in all probability knew that violence was in store

It just feels that these lunatics did this just in case this coup attempt was successful so then they could lead the charge after the fact. Because it wasn't successful their fall back plan was to plead ignorance, minimalize what happened and continue to spew their nuttery.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

There are some interesting recent  examples of this..... one I followed

"On January 2, 2016, an armed group of far-right extremists[26] seized and occupied the headquarters of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Harney County, Oregon,[27] and continued to occupy it until law enforcementmade a final arrest on February 11, 2016.[28] Their leader was Ammon Bundy, who participated in the 2014 Bundy standoff at his father's Nevada ranch. Other members of the group were loosely affiliated with non-governmental militias and the sovereign citizen movement."

Ammon was acquitted    . Amazing.

also the bundy standoff was astounding. No charges. Participants were aiming guns at law enforcement.

No consequences. Mr.  nice guy Obama presiding

that is noticed by the rest of the crackpots.

another..... gretchen witmer plotters acquitted the other day.

Yes, Ammon Bundy was the poster child for defying the law without consequences, but I suggest the whole trend started in the US with the Reagan regime. His administration had something like 110 members convicted of various offences- mostly voter fraud and ordinary fraud with few going to jail.  Reagan's CIA brought cocaine and heroin into the American inner city neighborhoods and used the profits to buy arms for the Contras and more than a few perks for themselves, notably Ollie North. North lied to congressional committees and the FBI but Reagan simply pardoned him.

Leaked Text Reveals Marjorie Taylor Greene Wanted Trump To Declare Martial Law And “Go After” Biden

In a leaked text to Mark Meadows, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene wanted Trump to declare martial law as Republicans wanted to “go after” Biden.

Here is the text as obtained by CNN:

"In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall law. I don’t know on those things. I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!"

Greene shows that she does not know what martial law is, but more importantly what does she mean by “go after Biden?” Greene’s text reveals that the House Republicans have been planning to investigate Biden for years.

House Republicans, like Greene, want to “save the republic” by destroying democracy. Contrary to her court testimony, Marjorie Taylor Green’s court testimony, she was very involved in the plot to overturn the election, and in fact, she wanted House Republicans to go after Biden.

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Ahhh love this.

I won’t defend to the death your right to lie to me.

I constantly hear a lot of chatter from people about the importance of freedom of speech. Absolutely however I don't hear as much chatter from these same people on the importance of being held accountable for the words that are spoken. Same thing when it comes to freedom to choose but little on consequences of those choices made. Same thing when it comes to individual rights but little on social responsibility.

Fascinating.   

Edited by HardCoreBlue

33 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Rumours are circulating that Mark Meadows, Trump's former Chief Of Staff, who has defied a subpoena and has been alleged to have urged Trump to overturn the election will be charged with serous offences. This is said to be why he has not been brought before a judge as yet.

If there is a God as the saying goes.

So I go to the airport planning to go on a flight, just so happens I have a loaded gun with me and I get caught do I get arrested and go to jail, or do I get cited and the gun is taken away from me. This Cawthorn idiot is a piece of work, wonder if he had body amour on during the 1/6 attack when he was caught with a loaded gun. So he drives with out a license and carries a loaded handgun, what a model politician he is

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

So I go to the airport planning to go on a flight, just so happens I have a loaded gun with me and I get caught do I get arrested and go to jail, or do I get cited and the gun is taken away from me. This Cawthorn idiot is a piece of work, wonder if he had body amour on during the 1/6 attack when he was caught with a loaded gun. So he drives with out a license and carries a loaded handgun, what a model politician he is

America has become a poltoon factory.

Marjorie Taylor Greene to right-wing Catholic site: How come "God hasn't destroyed" America?

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene speaks during former president Donald J Trump's Save America rally in Perry, GA, United States on September 25, 2021. (Peter 
Last Thursday, on the eve of testifying in a lawsuit that seeks to prevent her from running for re-election, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, the legendary or notorious Georgia Republican, granted an hourlong interview in her home to an unlikely outlet: the far-right Catholic news organization Church Militant, which for years has positioned itself as one of the noisiest and most outlandish partisans in the Roman Catholic Church's ongoing fight with itself. Greene is an evangelical Protestant, not a Catholic, but Church Militant is making the most of this opportunity, and has featured segments of the interview all week, starting with its opening video on Monday, entitled "Marjorie for Pope." 

In the interview, Greene rehashed old beefs, described herself as a victim of Jan. 6, said the United States is so sinful she doesn't understand "why God hasn't destroyed us" and — most exciting for Church Militant — suggested that Satan is controlling the Catholic Church. 

https://www.salon.com/2022/04/27/marjorie-taylor-greene-to-right-wing-catholic-site-how-come-god-hasnt-destroyed-america/

Well, this is bananas.

According to former President Donald Trump, hurling a fruit at someone can be a lethal act—one that justifies the use of violence to thwart any use of produce as projectile.

In transcripts of an October 2021 deposition, filed in court on Tuesday, the twice-impeached former president insisted tomatoes, pineapples, and bananas can be “very dangerous” weapons that justify violent acts of “self-defense.” (Elsewhere in the just-released deposition, The Daily Beast reported, Trump admitted he personally oversaw the pay of a Trump Organization exec whose corporate perks have come under legal scrutiny in a tax fraud case.)

Trump was testifying under oath in a civil lawsuit brought by protesters alleging they were assaulted by his security guards outside his New York offices in 2015. Of particular interest to lawyers representing the protesters were Trump’s remarks during a campaign speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, on Feb. 1, 2016, in which he told attendees: “If you see someone getting ready to throw a tomato, just knock the crap out of them, would you?”

Asked why he made that specific request, Trump testified that his campaign had received a threat that day. “They were going to throw fruit,” he claimed. “And you get hit with fruit, it’s—no, it’s very violent stuff. We were on alert for that.”

In a comedic moment, the plaintiffs’ lawyer Benjamin Dictor dryly remarked, “A tomato is a fruit after all, I guess,” and Trump’s attorney Jeffrey Goldman jumped in to confirm: “It has seeds.”

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100216632844

On 2022-04-26 at 2:43 PM, bustamente said:

So now the right leaning Washington Examiner reports that Cawthorn could be indicted for insider trading, and supposedly the lingerie photos of him were leaked by GOP staffers. He is getting a lot of bad press just before his primary. Scuttlebutt is that the Republican machine wants him out. Someone did not care for him going public with their cocaine orgy parties, I guess.  

Church Is Run By Satan, Marjorie Taylor Greene Says

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) recently told a far-right Catholic media organization that “Satan’s controlling the church” of Christians who provide aid to undocumented immigrants.

The extremist lawmaker, whose website boasts of her “strong Christian faith,” sat down for an interview Thursday with right-wing activist Michael Voris, founder of Church Militant.

In a clip from the interview released by the group Right Wing Watch, Voris asked Greene about Catholic organizations in the U.S. that use federal funding to help resettle undocumented immigrants and refugees.

“I thought we had a separation of church and state," Greene said in response. “The church is not doing its job, and it’s not adhering to the teachings of Christ, and it’s not adhering to what the word of God says we’re supposed to do and how we’re supposed to live.”

She added that Christian groups that say you should take care of migrants are “destroying our laws” and taking advantage of Americans.

“Yes, we are supposed to love one another, but their definition of what love one another means, means destroying our laws,” she said. “It means completely perverting what our Constitution says. It means taking unreal advantage of the American taxpayer. And it means pushing a globalist policy on the American people and forcing America to become something that we are not supposed to be.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/church-satan-marjorie-taylor-greene_n_6269c72fe4b04a9ff8974f2d

24 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Church Is Run By Satan, Marjorie Taylor Greene Says

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) recently told a far-right Catholic media organization that “Satan’s controlling the church” of Christians who provide aid to undocumented immigrants.

The extremist lawmaker, whose website boasts of her “strong Christian faith,” sat down for an interview Thursday with right-wing activist Michael Voris, founder of Church Militant.

In a clip from the interview released by the group Right Wing Watch, Voris asked Greene about Catholic organizations in the U.S. that use federal funding to help resettle undocumented immigrants and refugees.

“I thought we had a separation of church and state," Greene said in response. “The church is not doing its job, and it’s not adhering to the teachings of Christ, and it’s not adhering to what the word of God says we’re supposed to do and how we’re supposed to live.”

She added that Christian groups that say you should take care of migrants are “destroying our laws” and taking advantage of Americans.

“Yes, we are supposed to love one another, but their definition of what love one another means, means destroying our laws,” she said. “It means completely perverting what our Constitution says. It means taking unreal advantage of the American taxpayer. And it means pushing a globalist policy on the American people and forcing America to become something that we are not supposed to be.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/church-satan-marjorie-taylor-greene_n_6269c72fe4b04a9ff8974f2d

A truly moronic and incoherent 'yes but' argument.