US Politics

Rich

Man who targeted Gov. Newsom found with 'fully operational' pipe bombs: FBI

A California man at the center of a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) investigation is now facing multiple charges following the discovery of "a trove of pipe bombs and firearms at his home and business," according to the San Francisco Examiner.

A criminal affidavit filed by FBI Special Agent Stephanie Minor, who is assigned to the bureau's San Francisco Field Office's Domestic Terrorism Squad, has confirmed the man to be 44-year-old Ian Benjamin Rogers, of Napa County, CA. According to Minor, Rogers was "found in possession of five pipe bombs, 49 firearms, and two dozen ammunition boxes containing thousands of rounds."

A bomb technician for the bureau also confirmed the explosives in Rogers' possession were "fully operational."

Along with the weapons, Rogers had a copy of "The Anarchist Cookbook" and other items the affidavit alleges could be "used to manufacture explosive devices." Investigators also noted that Rogers was in possession of a "White Privilege Card" featuring the phrase "Trumps Everything." An image of the card, which had the name "Scott Free" on it, was also included in the affidavit.

"Several of the firearms, including what appears to be a kit-built replica MG-42 belt-fed machine gun, appear to be capable of firing fully automatic," according to the

allegations in the affidavit.

(Just in case you thought the insanity in the US was over)

MAGA Supporter Arrested Yards From Capitol With Gun, Ammo, ‘Stop the Steal’ Paperwork

Dennis Westover, 71, was arrested “in the middle of an intersection” near the Rayburn House Office Building with a gun, ammo, and a list of lawmakers, authorities said.

Extremist with pipe bombs, 49 guns and "white privilege" card plotted to keep Trump in power: FBI

A California man accused of being a right-wing extremist faces dozens of federal and state charges after he was arrested with a cache of weapons and text messages appearing to threaten Democrats and social networks, according to the FBI.

Ian Rogers, 44, was arrested on weapons charges after local law enforcement and FBI agents found five pipe bombs, bombmaking materials, 49 firearms, and thousands of rounds of ammunition during a raid of his Napa County home and auto repair shop, according to an FBI affidavit filed on Tuesday. Some of the guns appear to have been modified, including one that was intended to look like a Nazi-era machine gun and appears to be "capable of firing fully automatic," the complaint said. Investigators also found a Nazi flag, according to prosecutors.

Rogers admitted that he built the pipe bombs but claimed they were for "entertainment purposes only," the FBI said. But investigators found messages suggesting he planned to "attack Democrats and places associated with Democrats in an effort to ensure Trump remained in office."

"I want to blow up a democrat building bad," he wrote in one text message on Jan. 10, days after the deadly Capitol riot, according to the affidavit. "The democrats need to pay," he wrote in another, "let's see what happens, if nothing does I'm going to war."

"I hope 45 goes to war if he doesn't I will," he said in another message, according to the complaint.

Rogers also expressed his intent to attack Facebook and Twitter, which banned former President Donald Trump in the wake of the riot and are both based in Northern California.

"We can attack Twitter or the democrats, you pick," he texted someone else, according to the FBI. The other person suggested they instead "go after" liberal billionaire George Soros, who has been a frequent target of right-wing and anti-Semitic conspiracy theories.

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Of course key information from the article isn't included in what's just a feeble attempt to make NM look like a victim of the dreaded Democratic POTUS whose campaign promises included the very thing he wound up doing after taking office. None of this should come as a surprise to anyone who's paid attention since Biden won the nomination. And IIRC, Biden won 55% of the electorate back in November.

Good on the new administration for not wanting federal lands to be ruined; let these oil companies ruin Texas instead. It seems like nobody in the Lone Star State, at least within the ranks of the GOP, seems to give a **** about the future, anyway.

FWIW, David Blackmon is nothing more than an oil and gas cheerleader if his column history and bio info are any indication. See his most recent article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidblackmon/2021/01/28/biden-opens-new-fronts-in-his-war-on-us-oil-and-gas/?sh=2af2a4ea7d9b

You are right, they don't need the tax revenue for hospitals and free education. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

A California man accused of being a right-wing extremist

"accused. "

lol.

he's bragging about it.

what is the word or phrase for frightening but funny?

amazin g the number of these death threat, bomb knife and gun wielding, invading guys were "just kidding around"

Edited by Mark F

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hey you're still alive! Got any more Trump support to share with us all?

I needed a break from this echo chamber it was starting to mirror the shitshow that is the USA. 

I said Biden would win and he's going to be even worse for Canada than Trump was. Not a bad thing though, we need to expand our trading partners, hello CANZUK! 

6 minutes ago, pigseye said:

I needed a break from this echo chamber it was starting to mirror the shitshow that is the USA. 

I said Biden would win and he's going to be even worse for Canada than Trump was. Not a bad thing though, we need to expand our trading partners, hello CANZUK! 

Am I reading too much between the lines to suspect that he got banned from Facebook and Twitter, and had no where to go but back here once Amazon  cut off Parler and it went offline?

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

AOC has taken the gloves off, you know what happens next

There is part of me that wonders why she wants to get into these Twitter spats, she will only galvanize each side more. Having said that, she is fierce and articulate and goes beyond the mere”I know you are but what am I” mud-slinging 

And although this one borders on the childish retort, the punchline is pretty awesome. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

it's push back on the gaslighting that the republicans do. 

For example this drop it and heal nonsense they're pushing regarding their roles in inciting a failed coup. 

C'mom, for 4 years, they preached for bipartisan action, respect for the truth, and justice for all....... just like Chief Water Buffalo Trump

wonder what would have happened ifTrump had gone into the capital  building leading  the mob.

has anyone written anything about that.

hawley cruz et almjoining him?

Trump  being a complete coward might have saved us.

Edited by Mark F

Former KGB spy makes explosive claims Donald Trump

A former spy for the KGB is making explosive claims about Russia's efforts to "cultivate" former President Donald Trump as an intelligence asset.

In an interview with the Guardian, former KGB official Yuri Shvets claims that the then-Soviet government starting in the 1980s began to see Trump as a potential instrument for spreading anti-NATO propaganda.

In fact, Shvets says that Soviet agents even planted the idea of running for office in Trump's head when he visited St. Petersburg and Moscow in 1987.

"For the KGB, it was a charm offensive," he explains. "They had collected a lot of information on his personality so they knew who he was personally. The feeling was that he was extremely vulnerable intellectually, and psychologically, and he was prone to flattery."

Shortly after Trump's trip to the USSR, he took out a major advertisement in the New York Times, Washington Post, and Boston Globe, in which he questioned why America should be paying for the security of NATO countries.

"The bizarre intervention was cause for astonishment and jubilation in Russia," the Guardian writes. "A few days later Shvets, who had returned home by now, was at the headquarters of the KGB's first chief directorate in Yasenevo when he received a cable celebrating the ad as a successful "active measure" executed by a new KGB asset."

Although Trump throughout his first term was notoriously friendly with Russian President Vladimir Putin, he also took multiple actions that angered the Kremlin, such as his decision to launch missiles into Russian ally Syria in 2017 for its use of chemical weapons on civilians.

Author Craig Unger, who used Shvets as a key source for his upcoming book American Kompromat, tells the Guardian that Russia did not have some grand long-term conspiracy to make Trump president, but rather lucked into Trump's presidency through a series of unlikely events.

"It was not this grand, ingenious plan that we're going to develop this guy and 40 years later he'll be president," he says. "At the time it started, which was around 1980, the Russians were trying to recruit like crazy and going after dozens and dozens of people."

Former KGB spy makes explosive claims Donald Trump - Alternet.org

GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert mocks a mass shooting survivor for not being 'tough'

Colorado Republican Rep. Lauren Greene, who has previously expressed support for QAnon, mocked Parkland shooting survivor David Hogg on Thursday evening on Twitter.

Hogg, who became a prominent activist after the attack on his high school killed 17 people, had responded to news that fencing around the U.S. Capitol will become permanent following the Jan. 6 insurrection.

Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, who has also promoted QAnon, had recently come under renewed criticism when reporters dug up her disturbing past social media posts indicating her support for executing officials such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. A video also re-emerged from before her time in office when she confronted Hogg in Washington, D.C., over his support for gun control. As she called after him on the street, she told him she was permitted to carry a concealed firearm.

Boebert, who was tagged in Hogg's tweet, mocked him in an apparent reference to the video, for supposedly not being "tough":

GOP Rep. Lauren Boebert mocks a mass shooting survivor for not being 'tough' - Alternet.org

QAnon and evangelicals: Republicans baptized in crazy

Donald Trump is out, but parts of the Republican Party warmly embrace his dark legacy of white supremacy, the crazy QAnon conspiracy and civil war wrapped in faux Christianity.

Like Trump, these fake Christians reject turning the other cheek in favor of threatening or promoting violence.

The problem here isn't partisan politics, but public mental health. DCReport has covered extensively the mental-health debacle thanks to Dr. Bandy X. Lee, Harper West and other experts on how delusions spread like viruses, with Trump being a carrier.

The evidence of craziness seems to be found entirely in the Republican Party. We looked for, but have yet to discover any Democratic Party leaders pushing baseless conspiracy theories or urging civil war.

Here are some of the ways that Republican leaders reveal their affinity for the anti-democratic nature of Trumpism and QAnon, its attendant conspiracy theory:

In California, the Sacramento County Republican Party elected to its Central Committee a Proud Boys member who has advocated violence.
"Illegal immigrants should have their heads smashed into the concrete," a 2018 post by an antifascist group quotes Perrine as saying.

Perrine didn't deny this call to violence, he only insisted that he's not a racist.

He told the newspaper, "They can call me a Nazi all they want, and I know I have plenty of friends of all races that don't always agree with me, but they still love me.

"The Proud Boys that I affiliate with are all working men, all married men, they all have good jobs, they all believe in God."

Only after The Bee reported this did some Republicans in the California capital come to their senses and demand Perrine's ouster.

Oregon's Republican Party this month aligned itself with conspiracy theories as well as denouncing all 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach Trump for inciting the murderous attack on our Capitol.
Texas' GOP uses a QAnon conspiracy phrase—We Are The Storm—in its new logo.

QAnon and evangelicals: Republicans baptized in crazy | Salon.com

21 hours ago, Mark F said:

"accused. "

lol.

he's bragging about it.

what is the word or phrase for frightening but funny?

amazin g the number of these death threat, bomb knife and gun wielding, invading guys were "just kidding around"

To state the obvious: most of these guys, their politicians and the morons who voted them in have the collective intelligence of dryer lint. 

It's incredible that when so many Republicans are asked "did Biden win the  election fair and square", dodge the question or go of on another tangent, as much as people or preaching healing America is forever fractured, and the guy who did it is a functioning imbecile with no business skills, who only knows how to bully and lie and appeals to the worst kind of people that society has to offer.

10 minutes ago, bustamente said:

It's incredible that when so many Republicans are asked "did Biden win the  election fair and square", dodge the question or go of on another tangent, as much as people or preaching healing America is forever fractured, and the guy who did it is a functioning imbecile with no business skills, who only knows how to bully and lie and appeals to the worst kind of people that society has to offer.

I'm afraid that many, perhaps even most Americans are afflicted with the "win at all costs/ If you're not cheating, you're not trying" mentality. Societal attitudes take generations to change. Or a widespread catastrophe.