US Politics

Rich

Trump and his band if idiots already ignore the parts of the constitution they don't like. At this point I wouldn't put anything past them. They are engaged in a pretty blatant power grab and Trump has no qualms about acting the dictator already (emphasis on the ****)

Just now, do or die said:

...and these GOP Senators are either too stupid or too supine, to understand what Trump has been doing for 3 years....chipping away at the powers of the Legislate branch....

I agree.  They are stupid.  They know what they're doing because it benefits them.  When there is a Democrat president, they will whine about the President having too much power.  But the majority of GOP members hate Trump too.  They wont be happy to lose the White House, but they wont be sad to see him go.  Look how many opted not to run again.  They know the jig is up.

2 minutes ago, do or die said:

...and these GOP Senators are either too stupid or too supine, to understand what Trump has been doing for 3 years....chipping away at the powers of the Legislative Branch....

Oh they know. Trump is their useful idiot. Once they have complete control for Republicans they will deal with their sideshow. 

8 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Nope

You really think Obama chose to wait until there was one left standing to make his endorsement because he just didnt want to endorse Joe? lol  He was always going to.  Everyone knew that.  He's the leader of the party.  In a critically important election.  He'd have endorsed whomever the candidate was.  That's what a good leader does.  Why today?  Because Bernie dropped out and endorsed Biden.  There is no longer any opposition.  Obama is showing leadership and setting an example.  Everyone must rally around the candidate.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You really think Obama chose to wait until there was one left standing to make his endorsement because he just didnt want to endorse Joe? lol  He was always going to.  Everyone knew that.  He's the leader of the party.  In a critically important election.  He'd have endorsed whomever the candidate was.  That's what a good leader does.  Why today?  Because Bernie dropped out and endorsed Biden.  There is no longer any opposition.  Obama is showing leadership and setting an example.  Everyone must rally around the candidate.

Obama will be a big help in articulating just about anything for the Dems, this fall

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well personally I think joe is not a great candidate, but of course he was gonna support the leader of the dems, but if he was going to support Joe the entire time, why not do it earlier? I didn’t mean for it to be that deep sorry just didn’t seem as genuine to me. Someone did send an article to me talking about why he waited

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Obama will be a big help in articulating just about anything for the Dems, this fall

Now cmon, Joe Biden is a great communicator, maybe the best.... no sorry... I didn't mean to say that - he's good though... that's a stupid thing to say.... I shouldn't have said that... best was... maybe... no that's stupid...  good... yes... what?... okay, thank you

3 minutes ago, Tiny759 said:

Well personally I think joe is not a great candidate, but of course he was gonna support the leader of the dems, but if he was going to support Joe the entire time, why not do it earlier? I didn’t mean for it to be that deep sorry just didn’t seem as genuine to me. Someone did send an article to me talking about why he waited

Because when you're trying to unite a party you dont pick one person in a competition.  You can see that already as Trump's campaign person went nuts saying Obama never supported Biden.  Obama is too smart to play their game.

26 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Now cmon, Joe Biden is a great communicator, maybe the best.... no sorry... I didn't mean to say that - he's good though... that's a stupid thing to say.... I shouldn't have said that... best was... maybe... no that's stupid...  good... yes... what?... okay, thank you

Good joe Biden impression

12 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I had totally forgotten what a President is supposed to sound like, but listening to Obama's video endorsing Biden dramatically shows that the Mango Mussolini has no idea how to use the English language.

Never mind the politics of it, if Americans can’t see the competency of a past President as opposed to whom they have now...then they deserve another 4 years of him.

Trouble is, Canada will have to pay the price too.

FINALLY- SOME SANITY IN AMERICAN POLITICS

Conservative commentators pour salt on the wounds of the GOP’s ‘historically humiliating’ Written by Alex Henderson April 14, 2020

Joe Scarborough, host of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” isn’t the only Never Trump conservative who has been pouring salt on the GOP’s wounds over Wisconsin’s April 7 election: Charlie Sykes, co-founder of The Bulwark, is doing so as well this week — and, like Scarborough, is arguing that Republicans subjected themselves to a public relations fiasco over a right-wing candidate who didn’t even win: incumbent Supreme Court Justice Daniel Kelly.

In Wisconsin, Gov. Tony Evers and other Democrats — fearing for the safety of voters during the coronavirus pandemic — called for postponing the election and encouraged mail-in ballots as an alternative to in-person voting. But Republicans in the state legislature resisted that idea, and on Tuesday, April 7, the election went ahead. Those who hadn’t already mailed in absentee ballots had to vote in person — and Wisconsin voters, thanks to Republicans, stood in long lines on Election Day. Scarborough has been slamming the Wisconsin GOP for putting voters at a greater risk of being infected with coronavirus.

That day, Wisconsin residents voted in the Democratic presidential primary as well as for a Wisconsin Supreme Court seat. Liberal Jill Karofsky was up against Justice Dan Kelly, who has been enthusiastically endorsed by President Donald Trump. Republicans, Sykes notes, believed that discouraging mail-in voting would give Kelly an advantage, but as it turned out, Karofsky won by “more than 10 percentage points — which translates to more than 120,000 votes.”

“It was a blowout in a state that has become notorious for its close elections,” Sykes asserts in his Bulwark article. “Despite their efforts to make voting as difficult as possible, Republicans were overwhelmed by a tsunami of mail-in votes…. The scope and nature of Kelly’s defeat was historically humiliating.”

Sykes observes that although Wisconsin Republicans were hoping that Karofsky’s supporters would stay home on April 7, all they succeeded in doing was bringing them out in droves — even with the threat of coronavirus.

Treasury Dept. orders Trump's name to be printed on coronavirus stimulus checks: report
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/492861-treasury-dept-orders-trump-name-be-printed-on-coronavirus-stimulus

"The move, which marks the first time a president’s name will appear on a disbursement from the IRS, will reportedly cause delays for some of the $1,200 payments Congress approved in the $2 trillion stimulus package last month, two senior agency officials told the newspaper."

30 minutes ago, do or die said:

Treasury Dept. orders Trump's name to be printed on coronavirus stimulus checks: report
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/492861-treasury-dept-orders-trump-name-be-printed-on-coronavirus-stimulus

"The move, which marks the first time a president’s name will appear on a disbursement from the IRS, will reportedly cause delays for some of the $1,200 payments Congress approved in the $2 trillion stimulus package last month, two senior agency officials told the newspaper."

Donald Trump Dollar Bill GIF - DonaldTrump DollarBill - Discover ...

In one of my favourite books, "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Universe" there is a navigation device called a "random guidance unit" which does pretty much what it sound like it does. When activated, it sends the traveler off in a random direction and distance, so it must be what Trump tries to copy. So far, CBS, and MSNBC have both begun to challenge Trump's blathering and stupidity, and its about bloody time.

Trump's default position is to always play to his base, composed of the deluded (Fox) and the crazed right wing reactionaries (Breitbart, Daily Caller, Infowars, et al.
The animus and propaganda against science, education, environment, with strong doses of nativity, and xenophobia....are featured traits in all of this.

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

I can already see the campaign ads with people holding up stimulus cheques praising the almighty benevolent leader

When I needed it most, Donald sent me money.  He didnt have to do that.  He's wealthy and he wanted to help.  What have the democrats done to help me?  Health Care?  Gun Control?  Living Wage?  Nah, Donald sent me $1200 once.  All hail the king.