US Politics

Rich

13 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Simply from being mesmerized from this ongoing gong show, how anti-climatic would that be .  Like Geraldo opening the vault and nothing there.

After 68 years of investigation we have found some serious improprieties but nothing illegal.  Blech.

The longer the investigation takes, the worse or better it is for those being investigated? Hard to tell.

This is a criminal investigation. They have indicted  people and done quite a comprehensive review.

The only people that think this should be wrapped up by now are those that don't understand how long it takes to build such an enormous case and those politically motivated to want a quick resolution.

6 minutes ago, JCon said:

This is a criminal investigation. They have indicted  people and done quite a comprehensive review.

The only people that think this should be wrapped up by now are those that don't understand how long it takes to build such an enormous case and those politically motivated to want a quick resolution.

The White House surely wants it wrapped up before the mid-terms...just in case.

I want to understand this secretsocietycorruptfromthetopdeepstateholyshitpickourpresidentbafflegab...

But all I see is two FBI agents who probably should not have been using their work phones when talking politics. Hell, if you would have looked at my texts up to and after the election, you'd think that there was a secretsocietycorruptfromthetopdeepstateholyshitpickourpresidentbafflegab going on too... sure I know, I am not an FBI agent (or am I?) so it has less implications, but seriously- I fail to see a CONSPIRACY FROM THE TOPPEST OF LEVELS OF DEEP STATE. Fox news is going crazy! Something must be happening with russia probe. 

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/01/24/michael-goodwin-evidence-suggests-massive-scandal-is-brewing-at-fbi.html

I seriously hope that if it comes to light that all the conspiracy stuff is bullshit and that all of this was ment to muddy up the political discourse... heads should roll and these corporate fucks should be held accountable... 

45 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

I seriously hope that if it comes to light that all the conspiracy stuff is bullshit

how about this?

Rush Limbaugh is now spouting the theory that the "Democrat Deep State" had a master plan to feed poor, gullible George W. Bush fake intelligence on Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction in order to embarrass Republicans, weaken the military and destroy Bush's second term.

What if the quote-unquote "intelligence community" misrepresented, on purpose, the degree to which Hussein had WMDs? Because I'll tell you it was a very, very embarrassing moment for the Bush administration. 

What if the intel on the war in Iraq was another disinformation campaign, to damage another Republican president? And boy, did that work.

A lot of people have  been listening to this spew for many years.

Edited by Mark F

7 hours ago, bustamente said:

Trump would be an idiot to go voluntarily  in front of Mueller one on one 

The issue is Trump could be subpoenaed.  And his only recourse to refuse that would be to plead the 5th which is a very very bad look.  So his better bet is a negotiated questioning.  But if Trump tries to demand too much in his favor, Mueller can simply say forget it and issue the subpoena and force him to plead the 5th (or risk lying under oath).  Its definitely riskier, I'd say, for him to submit to questioning because he WILL lie.  And he has no idea what Mueller knows.

Mueller might be satisfied with his case already and agree to Trump's demands for written answers to advanced questions.  If the answers are useless, so be it.  Perhaps there might be a hidden jewel in them.  If Trump has done anything wrong, Mueller will know, based on the people he's questioned.

If I recall, he still has Hope Hicks to interview (she was scheduled and the White House pulled her).  She could be a key witness as she's *very* close to Trump (some suspect a bit too close).

50 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The issue is Trump could be subpoenaed.  And his only recourse to refuse that would be to plead the 5th which is a very very bad look.  So his better bet is a negotiated questioning.  But if Trump tries to demand too much in his favor, Mueller can simply say forget it and issue the subpoena and force him to plead the 5th (or risk lying under oath).  Its definitely riskier, I'd say, for him to submit to questioning because he WILL lie.  And he has no idea what Mueller knows.

Mueller might be satisfied with his case already and agree to Trump's demands for written answers to advanced questions.  If the answers are useless, so be it.  Perhaps there might be a hidden jewel in them.  If Trump has done anything wrong, Mueller will know, based on the people he's questioned.

If I recall, he still has Hope Hicks to interview (she was scheduled and the White House pulled her).  She could be a key witness as she's *very* close to Trump (some suspect a bit too close).

That's why I said voluntarily, when he declines he will spin it say that his lawyers have advised him not to, then Mueller will subpoena interview will be face to face, Trumps pleads 5th Mueller is fired and then all hell breaks loose.

Now hearing mainstream talk show hosts,  legislators, TV hosts attacking the FBI. It's controlled by the Clintons.

1. Attack press

2. Attack law enforcement.

This seems very unusual, and quite dangerous.

Encouraging citizens to think these things is not leading anywhere good.

12 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Now hearing mainstream talk show hosts,  legislators, TV hosts attacking the FBI. It's controlled by the Clintons.

1. Attack press

2. Attack law enforcement.

This seems very unusual, and quite dangerous.

Encouraging citizens to think these things is not leading anywhere good.

The guilty have guilty consciences and are preemptively attacking the highly regarded FBI.  Out and out lies.  The FBI Director handed the election to Trump.  This whole conspiracy thing makes zero sense. 

So this explosive document, that the right wing mouthpieces are trumping about, and is described as "worse than Watergate"......is  actually a 4 page memo written by.......... White House carrier pigeon and Trump stooge Devin Nunes!  

Which would give anyone following events on the Hill, this last year......a real good idea about how much credibility to attach to it.

Deflection tactic #2626

And of course any potential interview of Trump by Mueller, regardless of format is now referred to as a "perjury trap" - by all the right wing websites and commentators.   As if the former FBI director, would have nothing but blank paper in front of him, preparing for a sit down.  

"perjury tramp" is code for "Ok, perhaps our guy lied, but he was somehow gulled or tricked into it."

Deflection tactic #2627

Edited by do or die

10 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The 2018 mid terms are fast approaching and these republiCONS are trying to do as much as they can because they are probably all gone soon. Trump is gonna be ****** soon 

If the Dems win the House, which is likely, Trump has a greater chance of being Impeached.  Unfortunately, it requires 2/3 vote in the Senate to convict and remove him and that wont happen unless a majority of Republicans agree.

Trump is likely going to fire the Deputy Attorney General, although it seems most Republicans dont feel thats needed.  But if he can get support, he will fire Rosenstein and then order Mueller fired.  Even if he's talked out of firing Mueller, Mueller cannot indict Trump.  He can simply write a report and detail his findings.  If he finds Trump broke the law, the Deputy can refer it to Congress for impeachment.  But Mueller's report is confidential unless the Deputy decides what to do with it.

By law its up to him to release it to the public as he sees fit. 

Trump's preference is likely that the DOJ protects him from Mueller and buries his report.  Well, his preference is it all goes away and he might yet fire Mueller.  But the risk is setting off a chain of events that snowballs into these vile Republicans coming to their senses and putting country over party and firing Mueller could lead to Trump's downfall.  The less risky move is replacing Rosenstein with someone who is more loyal to Trump than to his duty who shelves the report.

It would be nice if Mueller could indict someone really high up like Kushner or Don Jr.  That way, firing him is even more overt of an obstructionist act.

I saw one analysis that said Trump wont be indicted because obstruction requires intent and the fact he's so obviously, carelessly and frequently obstructed it proves he couldnt possibly know what he was doing.  In other words, Trump broke the law so much he must be stupid rather than criminal. 

We've never seen anything like this.  Its unbelievable.