US Politics

Rich

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

It's odd how difficult it is for people to see that. 

And it's the same thing here.

Conservative v Liberal party,  outside of some issues of religion in politics, and some victimless crime issues, there's virtually no difference between them.

Form of control really. narrow the spectrum of debate: Ndp/liberal/conservative and anything out side of that spectrum is ******* crazy speak. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Follow Seth Abramson on twitter if you want a legal dissection of the memo.  Its long so I wont post it.  But its enlightening.

"Third, understand that the CIA told the BBC in January '17 that the most controversial allegation in Steele's dossier—the allegation the Kremlin has blackmail material on Trump of a sexual nature—was true. "

Wait... what? the tapes are real?

tumblr_miqwa4tMBM1rd11tco1_500.gif

knew-it.gif

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Well....

Trump is bringing America back......

Into isolationism.   American legal, judicial and security institutions  are under attack daily, from within.  To say nothing of attacking the free press.  Trust in America and America's image and prestige. around the world. is taking a hit.    Russian expansion and influence unchallenged.

Would be scary if it turns out Putin actually does not have anything on the Don......but is getting all this, gratis....

Edited by do or die

Wall Street Journal. 

WASHINGTON—In the summer of 2016, FBI Agent Peter Strzok had just wrapped up the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server and was embarking on a probe into Moscow’s interference in the presidential election. As he watched the Republican National Convention and scanned intelligence reports and news stories, he made clear how he felt about his new target: “f*ck the cheating motherf*cking Russians,” he texted in late July. “Bastards. I hate them.”

Texts critical of Mr. Trump represent a fraction of the roughly 7,000 messages, which stretch across 384 pages and show no evidence of a conspiracy against Mr. Trump

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

Wall Street Journal. 

WASHINGTON—In the summer of 2016, FBI Agent Peter Strzok had just wrapped up the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email server and was embarking on a probe into Moscow’s interference in the presidential election. As he watched the Republican National Convention and scanned intelligence reports and news stories, he made clear how he felt about his new target: “f*ck the cheating motherf*cking Russians,” he texted in late July. “Bastards. I hate them.”

Texts critical of Mr. Trump represent a fraction of the roughly 7,000 messages, which stretch across 384 pages and show no evidence of a conspiracy against Mr. Trump

Someone qualified....will write a memo, anyways.

15 hours ago, Mark F said:

Wall Street Journal. 

Strzok encourages Comey to revisit the Clinton emails. 

Trumps game here is clear. They could have released exerts from Green Eggs & Ham. It’s the set up for him and his allies to scream “see I am totally innocent”. His base won’t read the memo anyway. They just hear his words. 

The basic core truth is they getting a fISA warrant is easy. Was there probable cause to suspect Carter Page?  Ofcourse. They had that in 2013 when three Russians tried to recruit him to be a spy. 

Carter Page is the last person trump wants to hang his hat on.   But he does t care. It’s all about “see look at this menu I didn’t even read. It says in innocent” 

nunes should be indicated. He’s obstructing Justice right now. 

42 minutes ago, do or die said:

Just to show.... that I can look at both sides of the picture.

BLOCKBUSTER!  DEEP STATE FAIL!  TRUMP EXONERATED!!!!  BIGGER THAN WATERGATE!!  MULLER COMPLICIT!!!  RUSSIA INVESTIGATION TOTAL FRAUD!! MAGA!!

Haha yes. And those people forget the special counsel is a Republican appointed by a Republican when his boss, also a Republican recused himself, looking into obstruction when the FBI director, a republican was fired for investigating collusion.

so many republicans!

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Trumps game here is clear. They could have released exerts from Green Eggs & Ham

:lol:

Although, this might have made more sense than what they did.

also

The Devin Nunes memo released yesterday reminded me of a MAD magazine(?) parody of criticisms of the Warren Commission Report. That is reaching back long before digital records, but "1,001 Things Wrong With the Warren Report" included criticisms such as: the pictures are fuzzy; there's a smudge on pg. 47; and pages 342-343 stuck together in our copy.

:lol:

Edited by Mark F

22 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

"Third, understand that the CIA told the BBC in January '17 that the most controversial allegation in Steele's dossier—the allegation the Kremlin has blackmail material on Trump of a sexual nature—was true. "

Wait... what? the tapes are real?

tumblr_miqwa4tMBM1rd11tco1_500.gif

knew-it.gif

The CIA told the BBC that the first page of the dossier was true.   That was included in a bbc story in January 2017. So surely they CIA had informed the FBI before then. 

Elements of the dossier are true. Other elements are unproven. There isn’t anything that has been proven to be false that I recall. 

If you want to go for a complex analysis of the spy, signals, deeper analysis  end of this..... try this... (I admit, it's beyond me, this woman is too brainy and complicated for me to understand)

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/02/02/under-cover-of-the-nunes-memo-russian-spooks-sneak-openly-into-trumps-administration/

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

If you want to go for a complex analysis of the spy, signals, deeper analysis  end of this..... try this... (I admit, it's beyond me, this woman is too brainy and complicated for me to understand)

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/02/02/under-cover-of-the-nunes-memo-russian-spooks-sneak-openly-into-trumps-administration/

Rachel Maddow outlines the visit last week by the head of three spy agencies to US soil... including one of them that is barred from US soil due to sanctions.  It's a pretty cool clip that is outlined very well and sourced. 

If you couple the visit of the head of the three russian spy agency with the release of the memo to obfuscate the meeting, you basically get russian spies walking and mingling in the open with trump admin officials with very very tiny coverage. It's classic.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

14 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

It's classic.

thanks, will have a look.

I am not a fan at all of Obama, but can you imagine if he had pulled that off?  

The displays of patriotic outrage .... oh my.

just read Mr Ryan deleted his dollar fifty tweet. Too late..... He might regret that one. 

Edited by Mark F