US Politics

Rich

14 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

The same Texas billionaire who treated Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas to lavish vacations paid private boarding school tuition for Thomas’s grandnephew, a boy the justice has said he raised as a son, according to a new report that said Thomas did not disclose the payments.

ProPublica reported that Harlan Crow, a prominent Republican donor, paid tuition at Hidden Lake Academy, a boarding school in Georgia, as well as at Randolph-Macon Academy in Virginia, for Mark Martin. Thomas had legal custody of the boy.

The publication cited a bank statement that showed Crow paid $6,200 in monthly tuition at Hidden Lake Academy in July 2009 and quoted Christopher Grimwood, a former administrator at the school, as saying that Crow “picked up the tab” for the entire time Martin was a student there, about a year. Grimwood also told ProPublica that Crow told him that he paid tuition as well for Martin at Randolph-Macon Academy, which Martin attended both before and after his time at Hidden Lake Academy.

ProPublica said the exact total Crow paid for Martin’s education remains unclear. But if he paid for all four years at the two schools, the cost could have exceeded $150,000, based on public records of tuition rates at the schools, the publication reported.

ProPublica said Thomas did not respond to questions about the tuition arrangement. Thomas did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday from The Washington Post. Neither Thomas nor the court’s public information office have responded to previous questions about Crow’s spending.

Q: Okay, now what?

A: Nothing.

Follow-up by SCOTUS: How dare anyone question our integrity. We are going down a very dangerous path when questioning this body.

14 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

But Biden! F Trudeau! Pseudo Criminals!

Oh I'm just playing Devils advocate cuz you all just talk in your echo chambers of pretty one-sided thoughts.

Take all of this with a grain of salt. lol. I'm clever.

Nah...it's more about pointing out the Karen mentality presented against anyone outside the echo chamber. Thanks for illustrating this so well. I just find it hilarious how anyone is treated that does not fall into the political thread's group think by some of members here. It is really strange.

9 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Nah...it's more about pointing out the Karen mentality presented against anyone outside the echo chamber. Thanks for illustrating this so well. I just find it hilarious how anyone is treated that does not fall into the political thread's group think by some of members here. It is really strange.

Self identified Gaslighter who spews absurdness to get a charge out of people says what?

Whatever floats your boat.

They were just misunderstood... 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/proud-boys-seditious-conspiracy-trial-verdict/

Enrique Tarrio, three other Proud Boys found guilty of seditious conspiracy

Washington — The one-time president of the far-right Proud Boys group Enrique Tarrio and three subordinates were convicted of numerous felonies including seditious conspiracy for their roles in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack. 

How in God's name is Biden corrupt? The gop are so desperate for any dirt on the guy they are trying to make hunter Biden an issue.... for a guy in politics as long as Biden for that to be the only straw they can grasp at he must be pretty ******* clean all things considered. 

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

How in God's name is Biden corrupt? The gop are so desperate for any dirt on the guy they are trying to make hunter Biden an issue.... for a guy in politics as long as Biden for that to be the only straw they can grasp at he must be pretty ******* clean all things considered. 

Yes, and there are plenty of states that would be charging him if there were crimes. Yet, nothing has been brought forward. I wonder why? Hmm.

21 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Absurdness? If thinking Trudeau and Biden are corrupt is absurd then guilty but I am not alone in that opinion.

Ok. I'll Bite. 

How are Trudeau and Biden corrupt? Can you actually substantiate any of these claims or are you just full of it and treat you with the same credibility as alex jones?

43 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Ok. I'll Bite. 

How are Trudeau and Biden corrupt? Can you actually substantiate any of these claims or are you just full of it and treat you with the same credibility as alex jones?

Biden and Trudeau's scandals are well documented. We could start with SNC-Lavalin, Aga Khan, WE charities, the Trudeau foundation, Chinese interference cover up...then go onto statements made by members of his own caucus such as JWR, Bill Morneau, and others. we could talk about CSIS whistle-blowers telling us that the PM knew about election interference and did nothing....and so on and so on...but you either are drinking the Trudeau kool-aid that there is nothing to see, or you don't want to hear it. Either way, it seems pointless for me to try to convince you so I will not. You have your opinion I have mine. I believe that Trudeau is both unethical and corrupt based on the patterns that have been clearly demonstrated and re-inforced by the ethics commissioner as well. 

40 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Biden and Trudeau's scandals are well documented. We could start with SNC-Lavalin, Aga Khan, WE charities, the Trudeau foundation, Chinese interference cover up...then go onto statements made by members of his own caucus such as JWR, Bill Morneau, and others. we could talk about CSIS whistle-blowers telling us that the PM knew about election interference and did nothing....and so on and so on...but you either are drinking the Trudeau kool-aid that there is nothing to see, or you don't want to hear it. Either way, it seems pointless for me to try to convince you so I will not. You have your opinion I have mine. I believe that Trudeau is both unethical and corrupt based on the patterns that have been clearly demonstrated and re-inforced by the ethics commissioner as well. 

For the record, this is not misinformation.  It is someone's opinion of events that actually happened and/or ongoing points being raised in the house of commons.

4 hours ago, Wideleft said:

The same Texas billionaire who treated Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas to lavish vacations paid private boarding school tuition for Thomas’s grandnephew, a boy the justice has said he raised as a son, according to a new report that said Thomas did not disclose the payments.

ProPublica reported that Harlan Crow, a prominent Republican donor, paid tuition at Hidden Lake Academy, a boarding school in Georgia, as well as at Randolph-Macon Academy in Virginia, for Mark Martin. Thomas had legal custody of the boy.

The publication cited a bank statement that showed Crow paid $6,200 in monthly tuition at Hidden Lake Academy in July 2009 and quoted Christopher Grimwood, a former administrator at the school, as saying that Crow “picked up the tab” for the entire time Martin was a student there, about a year. Grimwood also told ProPublica that Crow told him that he paid tuition as well for Martin at Randolph-Macon Academy, which Martin attended both before and after his time at Hidden Lake Academy.

ProPublica said the exact total Crow paid for Martin’s education remains unclear. But if he paid for all four years at the two schools, the cost could have exceeded $150,000, based on public records of tuition rates at the schools, the publication reported.

ProPublica said Thomas did not respond to questions about the tuition arrangement. Thomas did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday from The Washington Post. Neither Thomas nor the court’s public information office have responded to previous questions about Crow’s spending.

Move along now. Nothing to see here. Just SCOTUS doing business as usual.

13 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

For the record, this is not misinformation.  It is someone's opinion of events that actually happened and/or ongoing points being raised in the house of commons.

Agreed. An interpretation similar to seeing the sun rise and set and assuming that the Earth is flat.

58 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

How does any of this make Trudeau a criminal? Or Biden for that matter? 

That was the question.

These scandals don't make Trudeau or Biden a criminal.

2 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

How does any of this make Trudeau a criminal? Or Biden for that matter? 

That was the question.

These scandals don't make Trudeau or Biden a criminal.

Doesn't matter. ***k Trudreau. Hang him, like the terrorists that PP supports wanted. 

IMG_7249-1024x768.jpg

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Ok so now do Biden...

And none of this really makes Trudeau corrupt, just an idiot and poor leader.

7 minutes ago, Mark F said:

question for people.

why bother responding to a person who clearly posted on another thread, that they post here just to irritate you?

Fantastic question that is always interesting to discuss.

For me the most appropriate answer and following thru on it takes consistent discipline to help enact the primary goal, which is usually is keep it civil, keep it relevant, keep it interesting and meaningful for all.

Because if you do react with some heat (humor, sarcasm, anger etc that I've been guilty of using on many occasions over the years since 2013) to people who confess that they get a charge out of riling others up in not a fun or beneficial way than you than run a high risk of being assessed with the same label as them.     

When to be tolerant, when to ignore and when not to be tolerant and something needs to be said and how does that fit into civil discourse, crucial conversations etc will conjure up many differing and varying perspectives.

And this is just my perspective.

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

question for people.

why bother responding to a person who clearly posted on another thread, that they post here just to irritate you?

Cause I don't believe him. I believe that he is making that claim as a self defense mechanism after being called out on dubious claims repeatedly and I for one believe these people need to justify their claims.

16 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Cause I don't believe him. I believe that he is making that claim as a self defense mechanism after being called out on dubious claims repeatedly and I for one believe these people need to justify their claims.

makes sense. you are probably right.

54 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

And this is just my perspective.

of course. I posted  for years on this site, re climate change, refuting nonsense. chasing down "skeptic" sites.  tedious.

Edited by Mark F

48 minutes ago, Mark F said:

makes sense. you are probably right.

of course. I posted  for years on this site, re climate change, refuting nonsense. chasing down "skeptic" sites.  tedious.

I've put him on ignore as of this morning.  The reality is that I hate the disinformation for what it has done to society and feel a strong need to inform when required.

He's not a complete bad faith actor like a Zontar or Atomic who I just stopped replying to altogether, but as we have often seen, a lie left uncorrected will eventually become the truth.