US Politics

Rich

Tennessee House GOP Leader Who Voted To Expel Democrats Found Guilty Of Sexually Harassing Interns.

A secret ethics investigation found Tennessee House Vice Chair, Rep. Scotty Campbell guilty of sexually harassing interns. Tennessee House Republicans did not vote to expel or discipline Campbell.

WTVF in Nashville reported:

A member of GOP leadership in the Tennessee House of Representatives was recently found guilty of sexually harassing at least one legislative intern, likely two, by an ethics subcommittee acting in secret, NewsChannel 5 Investigates has learned.

Rep. Scotty Campbell, who serves as vice chair of the House Republican Caucus and who recently voted to expel three Democrats who engaged in a gun violence protest on the House floor, suffered no consequences as a result of his actions.

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Tennessee House GOP Leader Who Voted To Expel Democrats Found Guilty Of Sexually Harassing Interns.

A secret ethics investigation found Tennessee House Vice Chair, Rep. Scotty Campbell guilty of sexually harassing interns. Tennessee House Republicans did not vote to expel or discipline Campbell.

A member of GOP leadership in the Tennessee House of Representatives was recently found guilty of sexually harassing at least one legislative intern, likely two, by an ethics subcommittee acting in secret, NewsChannel 5 Investigates has learned.

Rep. Scotty Campbell, who serves as vice chair of the House Republican Caucus and who recently voted to expel three Democrats who engaged in a gun violence protest on the House floor, suffered no consequences as a result of his actions.

Shocking said no one ever who is paying attention.

15 minutes ago, Tracker said:

19 hours ago, JCon said:

Tell me someone in the GOP that's not lying, stealing  raping children and procuring sex for favours/cash and I'll show you one that just hasn't been caught yet. 

8 hours ago, bustamente said:

So Fox news has to fork over a whole bunch of money which is tax deductible, not issue a on air apology or admit to lying so their owner wont have to take the stand and look like a fool.............America

Apparently it is debateable whether the payout is tax deductible, and there are still other very credible cases pending involving billions. You ain't seen nuthin' yet.

Judge Who Ruled Against Abortion Pill Didn’t Disclose Christian Radio Appearances: CNN

The federal judge who suspended the Food and Drug Administration’s approval of an abortion pill failed to disclose two interviews on a Christian radio show where he discussed his extremist views on contraception and gay rights, CNN reported Thursday.

U.S. District Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk, a Trump appointee, invalidated the FDA’s approval of mifepristone earlier this month, using the language of anti-abortion activists in his ruling. He was confirmed to a lifetime appointment in 2019 by the Senate and was required at the time to submit a detailed account of his previous writings and public appearances.

But CNN uncovered two appearances on a radio show called “Chosen Generation” from 2014 while he was working as deputy general counsel at a religious liberty advocacy group called First Liberty Institute. In one interview from February 2014, Kacsmaryk was asked about the “homosexual agenda,” agreeing with the host that those opposed to same-sex marriage could be viewed as “hostile” enemies of the federal government and saying the nation had adopted “very permissive” policies on contraception.

In another appearance that July, he said religious organizations could face difficulty for opposing “the new sexual orthodoxy” on gay rights.

On 2023-04-20 at 3:23 PM, Tracker said:

now let's investigate the other ones that voted to expel

3 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Judge Who Ruled Against Abortion Pill Didn’t Disclose Christian Radio Appearances: CNN

The federal judge who suspended the Food and Drug Administration’s approval of an abortion pill failed to disclose two interviews on a Christian radio show where he discussed his extremist views on contraception and gay rights, CNN reported Thursday.

U.S. District Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk, a Trump appointee, invalidated the FDA’s approval of mifepristone earlier this month, using the language of anti-abortion activists in his ruling. He was confirmed to a lifetime appointment in 2019 by the Senate and was required at the time to submit a detailed account of his previous writings and public appearances.

But CNN uncovered two appearances on a radio show called “Chosen Generation” from 2014 while he was working as deputy general counsel at a religious liberty advocacy group called First Liberty Institute. In one interview from February 2014, Kacsmaryk was asked about the “homosexual agenda,” agreeing with the host that those opposed to same-sex marriage could be viewed as “hostile” enemies of the federal government and saying the nation had adopted “very permissive” policies on contraception.

In another appearance that July, he said religious organizations could face difficulty for opposing “the new sexual orthodoxy” on gay rights.

speaking of which

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/abortion-pill-order-supreme-court-04-21-23/index.html

they voted to keep it in place for now

Former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti said that Mike Pence is going to have to testify about his conversations with Trump or he will end up back in court because they aren’t covered by privilege.

Mariotti said when asked by CNN’s Jim Acosta if he thought Mike Pence was going to ‘spill the tea’ to Jack Smith:

I think so. I think if he didn’t, Jim that he would end up back in court, which is where he doesn’t want to be here already kind of put on a show and has a moral victory. I think now he’s going to testify. I think the question is. How does he testify? What does he say? And one thing that he said publicly, Jim is he tries to characterize what Trump did as him listening to bad legal advice, right, essentially suggesting that you know Trump was being advised. You know, I don’t know, too, you know. Take one legal action and he you know he followed that legal action.

But in fact, I mean the advice he was getting from people like John Eastman was not really I would say advice. That was it all. I wouldn’t characterize it as bad legal advice. In fact, I think Jack Smith is investigating whether that was a crime and Pence’s own advisor said that it had nothing to do with you know the laws it’s been interpreted. So you know, I think that you know he may try to have it both ways. It will be interesting to see whether his private testimony under oath matches his potentially self-serving testimony to the public, right and in a news proceeding where he’s trying to woo the Republican base. ”

Earlier in the same interview, Mariotti discussed how Mike Pence’s privilege is narrow, “But you know, it’s very narrowly construed. It’s about what he was doing in connection with the scripts he was writing. You know how he was discharging those duties )as president of the Senate on 1/6), and wouldn’t really go to an unrelated crime. Let’s say you know, but threats or pressure that Trump was putting on him for, you know, to overturn the election.”

Mike Pence really doesn’t have a choice. He is going to have to tell Jack Smith things that he has avoided telling any other investigation. Pence is going to have to talk, and what he says has the potential get Donald Trump criminally charged for his attempted overthrow of the United States government.

https://www.politicususa.com/2023/04/23/mike-pence-spill-jack-smith.html

Pleading to Evangelicals, Trump Makes Insane Anti-Abortion Comments:  ‘EXECUTING BABIES!’

Donald Trump defended his stance on abortion in a wild video address to an evangelical group—who just last week warned the former president that he needs to “embrace” the conservative position of a national ban on the medical procedures if he wants a shot at the 2024 presidency.

Trump began his speech Saturday night to the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition by subtly bragging that it was his Supreme Court justices–Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett–who overturned Roe in the first place.

“I appointed over 300 judges to fill the federal bench with pro-constitution warriors who interpret the laws as written,” Trump said.  “I faced down vile attacks to confirm our three great Supreme Court justices... Those justices delivered a landmark victory for protecting innocent life. Nobody thought it was going to happen. They thought it would be another 50 years. Because Republicans had been trying to do it for exactly that period of time, 50 years.”

Trump later added that Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas “right now is under siege by the radical left,” after questionable financial disclosures have forced calls for a Justice Department investigation.

Things got heated on Thursday when Trump was named by Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America organization president Majorie Dannenfelser, who condemned his stance as “morally indefensible” after claiming abortion “is an issue that should be decided at the state level,” instead of the national ban.

But fighting back in his pre-recorded speech, Trump listed off a number of his so-called achievements to protect “religious liberty“ and “the unborn.” He also called himself the “most pro-life president in American history.”
In one particularly deranged moment, Trump falsely claimed that Democratic politicians support the practice of executing babies after they’ve been born: “I will continue to stand strong against the extreme late-term abortionists, the Democrat party, who believe in abortion on demand in the ninth month of pregnancy, and even executing babies after birth. Beyond birth, executing the baby. This is where we’ve come and it’s so sad to see.

“I will immediately sign a new executive order to cut federal funding for any school pushing critical race theory, transgender insanity and other inappropriate racial, sexual or political content on our content,” Trump added, claiming it was time to “bring back God” to schools and public squares.

The promotion of sex and gender transition at any age will be banned under a Trump administration, while transgender athletes will be banned from sport: “I will keep men out of women’s sports, that’s a simple one.”

Outrage after officer who killed Breonna Taylor is hired as deputy sheriff

To critics of War on Drugs, the Breonna Taylor case is a textbook example of why U.S. drug policy has been an abysmal failure — and one with a long list of innocent victims. Taylor, a 26-year-old emergency room technician in Louisville, Kentucky, was pursuing a career in nursing when, on March 13, 2020, she was fatally shot during a drug raid in an apartment where she was living.

Taylor wasn't involved in drug trafficking in any way, but Louisville police suspected that drug-related activity was taking place in that apartment. Three police officers were involved in that raid — Myles Cosgrove, Jonathan Mattingly and Brett Hankison — and Cosgrove, according to Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron, fired the shot that killed Taylor.
Cosgrove was fired by the Louisville Police Department following an investigation, but according to Mother Jones reporter Samantha Michaels, he has found a new job in law enforcement — this time, with the Carroll County Sheriff's Office in Kentucky. That agency, Michaels reports in an article published on April 23, has "confirmed" the hiring to local reporters.

https://www.alternet.org/breonna-taylor-killer-deputy-sheriff/

"but his emails"

😂

too stoopid, arrogant,  to be careful what he said.

also..." not news" defence worked before this.

Tucker carlson got caught.  

good riddance, to bad rubbish, and, 

remember this ?

"Thousands of hours of surveillance footage from the January 6 attack on the US Capitol are being made available to the Fox News host Tucker Carlson, a stunning level of access granted by the House speaker, Kevin McCarthy, that Democrats condemned as a “grave” breach of security.

The hard-right host said his team was spending the week at the Capitol, preparing to reveal their findings.

Granting exclusive access to January 6 security footage to such a deeply partisan figure is a highly unusual move, seen by some critics as essentially outsourcing House oversight to a TV personality "

brilliant move by Kevin M Carthy. genius!

Edited by Mark F

Carlson's sudden departure will make little difference at Faux News. If they back off their validation and promotion of thinly disguised racism, homophobia and gynophobia, they lose their slavering, fascist audience and that will remove 90% of their audience and all of their income.

On 2023-04-24 at 1:07 PM, bustamente said:

Don Lemon let go by CNN, that's quite the fall from primetime to morning to gone

If reports are true, being a jerk face misogynist huge diva look at me I’m so popular I make everyone around me extremely uncomfortable sometimes can catch up to one. Another example of they aren’t who they portray on camera.