US Politics

Rich

33 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

It can't hurt.

He fed a frenzy, no doubt about it, but cooler heads can prevail. A lot of his zealot support was not traditional conservatives, it was from those that felt disenfranchised, and the wingnuts. A ton of traditional Republicans parked their vote with the Dems because Trump was just too out there for them. Just as I would have if I were a US resident. With a more moderate leader the Republicans take the next election easy. Although, I think that DeSantis is not far off from Trump either which is disheartening.

I believe DeSantis is worse. I think he actually believes the crap he spouts and spews. Trump on the other hand had a  belief system started and ended himself. Whatever stoked and stroked his ego was what he promoted. The only saving grace with DeSantis is maybe he won't sweep the masses along with him.

6 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I believe DeSantis is worse. I think he actually believes the crap he spouts and spews. Trump on the other hand had a  belief system started and ended himself. Whatever stoked and stroked his ego was what he promoted. The only saving grace with DeSantis is maybe he won't sweep the masses along with him.

Well, I don't think he gets as many of wingnuts as Trump did, his base is just the bible belt I would think.

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

Well, I don't think he gets as many of wingnuts as Trump did, his base is just the bible belt I would think.

I suspect that the same people who support Trump are the same ones who will support DeSantis. The same flies are drawn to any pile of manure they see.

Fox News labels Donald Trump the 'President of the United States' and Joe Biden a 'wannabe dictator'

Americans tuning in to Fox News Tuesday night, hours after Donald Trump was arraigned on 37 federal criminal felony charges, had a big surprise: Donald Trump is the “President of the United States,” and Joe Biden, the man actually in the White House, is a “wannabe dictator.”

That’s what Rupert Murdoch’s right-wing “news” network decided to tell its shrinking band of viewers, rather than the truth.  Also not telling the truth was Trump himself, aided by Fox News which, unlike CNN and MSNBC (but exactly like Newsmax and C-SPAN) decided to run his post-arraignment speech live, with no anchor doing any fact checks or providing any context.

“These things are not true, but Fox News is doing their damnedest to help,” noted MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle on-air, one of many who noticed and were disgusted enough to speak out.

Axios national political correspondent Alex Thompson posted the video of Fox News host Brian Kilmeade announcing, “this is the president of the United States, about to address a crowd of supporters.”

The Recount posted the clip of Fox News’ Chyron that reads: “Wannabe Dictator Speaks at the White House After Having His Political Rival Arrested” (in all-caps.)

And no, Donald Trump is not the President of the United States, Joe Biden is. And Joe Biden is not a “wannabe dictator,” nor did he have “his political rival arrested.”

https://twitter.com/i/status/1668788972967849985

Edited by Tracker

Meanwhile, good things happen when you vote for progressives.  

Minnesota is THE prime example (and project a $17.5 Billion surplus to boot):

"Minnesota Democrats entered this year’s legislative session in a similar situation. Last fall, they won control of the state’s executive branch, House and Senate — a legislative “trifecta” — but with only a one-seat majority in the upper chamber. The results were much different: The party accomplished a generation’s worth of liberal reforms in just four months, vaulting the state to the forefront of progressive policymaking.

Minnesota now offers 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave, the opportunity for any resident to buy into Medicaidfree public college tuition for low- and middle-income families, a new child tax credit for those families, free breakfast and lunch for all public school students, driver’s licenses for all residents regardless of their immigration status, and stronger protections for workers seeking to unionize.

Take a deep breath — there’s more coming.

Middle-class seniors will no longer have to pay state income taxes on Social Security benefits. A law immediately restoring the voting rights of felons who have completed their prison sentences expanded the franchise to 55,000 more people. Minnesotans serving life behind bars for crimes they committed as minors are now eligible for supervised release 15 years into their sentence. Suspending gun permits for people experiencing a mental health crisis got easier. Recreational marijuana is legal. A new state law protects abortion rights. A “trans refuge” law shields transgender children who travel to Minnesota for medical transitions from legal repercussions in their home states. And Minnesota has set a goal of moving to 100% carbon-free energy by 2040.

The no-holds-barred progressive lawmaking spree was even enough to get a Twitter shoutout from former President Barack Obama, who called it a “reminder that elections have consequences.”

Leaders of Minnesota’s Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, as the state’s Democratic Party is known, have taken to calling the flurry of legislative activity the “Minnesota Miracle 2.0.” Originally, “Minnesota Miracle” was a nickname given to reforms enacted in the early 1970s by then-Gov. Wendell “Wendy” Anderson (DFL) and liberal Republicans in the Legislature, which increased funding for public schools by raising state income taxes and reducing the education system’s reliance on regressive property taxes.

(more)

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/minnesota-democrats-passed-raft-progressive-120003549.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAN6VJRByPPAX5jhTVjN8Mi93KRXXvD9kCbKZId_k092mxKfYjPjVYdnwWUpTXfu3EYZb8eEr8J4tE-r-EVXeo0MvHBqXgYlKI9h4xl4utLmLRiMfVAwRoyOUSMIvgRRMjGZC__3wdQGJ-v62YoxxQ-A-2j7nZ1p_ZdBtf_CSmDzO

20 hours ago, Wideleft said:

"Minnesota Democrats entered this year’s legislative session in a similar situation. Last fall, they won control of the state’s executive branch, House and Senate — a legislative “trifecta” — but with only a one-seat majority in the upper chamber. The results were much different: The party accomplished a generation’s worth of liberal reforms in just four months, vaulting the state to the forefront of progressive policymaking.

Minnesota now offers 12 weeks of paid family and medical leave, the opportunity for any resident to buy into Medicaidfree public college tuition for low- and middle-income families, a new child tax credit for those families, free breakfast and lunch for all public school students, driver’s licenses for all residents regardless of their immigration status, and stronger protections for workers seeking to unionize.

Middle-class seniors will no longer have to pay state income taxes on Social Security benefits. A law immediately restoring the voting rights of felons who have completed their prison sentences expanded the franchise to 55,000 more people. Minnesotans serving life behind bars for crimes they committed as minors are now eligible for supervised release 15 years into their sentence. Suspending gun permits for people experiencing a mental health crisis got easier. Recreational marijuana is legal. A new state law protects abortion rights. A “trans refuge” law shields transgender children who travel to Minnesota for medical transitions from legal repercussions in their home states. And Minnesota has set a goal of moving to 100% carbon-free energy by 2040.

The no-holds-barred progressive lawmaking spree was even enough to get a Twitter shoutout from former President Barack Obama, who called it a “reminder that elections have consequences.”

Leaders of Minnesota’s Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, as the state’s Democratic Party is known, have taken to calling the flurry of legislative activity the “Minnesota Miracle 2.0.” Originally, “Minnesota Miracle” was a nickname given to reforms enacted in the early 1970s by then-Gov. Wendell “Wendy” Anderson (DFL) and liberal Republicans in the Legislature, which increased funding for public schools by raising state income taxes and reducing the education system’s reliance on regressive property taxes.

(more)

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/minnesota-democrats-passed-raft-progressive-120003549.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAN6VJRByPPAX5jhTVjN8Mi93KRXXvD9kCbKZId_k092mxKfYjPjVYdnwWUpTXfu3EYZb8eEr8J4tE-r-EVXeo0MvHBqXgYlKI9h4xl4utLmLRiMfVAwRoyOUSMIvgRRMjGZC__3wdQGJ-v62YoxxQ-A-2j7nZ1p_ZdBtf_CSmDzO

This is downright scary. It implies that our neighbours to the south of us are compassionate, sane human beings. I cannot imagine all of the abuse they will suffer at the hands of the MAGAts.

Free Food Fooo

On 2023-06-14 at 4:18 PM, Wideleft said:

(more)

What the actual ****? Where are the tax breaks for the top 5% wage earners?

How are they going to help the middle and lower class with trickle down economics if the corporations don't get their business tax breaks?

What is going on? Where are the health cuts to drive down the deficit?

Good God, where is all the legislation for real Americans?

******* woke-ass bullshit.

too-funny-eddie-murphy.gif

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

15 hours ago, bustamente said:

Be warned Democrats and Americans in general Trump is telling you out in the open what he will do when elected, and his Republican bootlickers will be right at his side.

This is Trump's "Mein Kampf" statement. America- ignore it at your peril.

Edited by Tracker

2 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

What the actual ****? Where are the tax breaks for the top 5% wage earners?

How are they going to help the middle and lower class with trickle down economics if the corporations don't get their business tax breaks?

What is going on? Where are the health cuts to drive down the deficit?

Good God, where is all the legislation for real Americans?

******* woke-ass bullshit.

too-funny-eddie-murphy.gif

Not far off with how some here would respond.

16 hours ago, bustamente said:

So apparently Trump big shot move of buying everyone food and that Miami eatery fell flat as he was only there for 10 minutes giving no one a chance to order, In other words he didn't pay a dime for any food for his gullible supporters.

Have no sympathy for this Miami eatery. FAFO.

Fox guest: 'Somebody is going to have to pull a trigger' to stop Trump prosecutions

Retired Major League Baseball pitcher-turned-right-wing commentator Curt Schilling told Fox News host Jesse Watters on Friday that "somebody is going to have to pull a trigger" in retaliation to the criminal charges that were filed against former President Donald Trump by United States Justice Department special counsel Jack Smith.

"The problem is Jesse, you know, if you look at, you know, I love coming on this show. I love talking to you. I love what you've done, what you're doing with your voice, but the fact of the matter is, you know, I'm tired of listening to Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz and Dan Crenshaw and these people talk. Talk. Talk — that's all they're doing. They're talking," Schilling crowed on Jesse Watters Primetime.

"We're up against a side and a force that doesn't play by the rules, refuses to play by the rules, just look no further than the unconstitutional thing going with former President Trump and we're not doing anything about it. We're talking about it, and we get excited and we get emotional. That's it," Schilling carped. "They break the law and they do the things they need to do to ensure their agenda is driven forward and we're watching them gut our nation from the inside out. And I don't know where the rubber is going to meet the road because it's a true sacrifice. mean, you look at the guys, the young men that signed the Constitution and all the things that they sacrificed everything to come out from under a tyrannical government, and then eventually at some point, there was a man at Concord who decided he was going to pull the trigger. And I feel like we're getting back to a point where somebody is going to have to pull a trigger because everything we hold dear, everything this country was founded on is being just dragged through the mud and mocked and made fun of. This country was founded on Godly principles. No matter how offensive that is to the left, it's true."

Watters was momentarily taken aback.

"Well, I'm going to assume you mean 'pull the trigger' metaphorically?" he asked.

"Absolutely, well, no," Schilling replied.

29 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Fox guest: 'Somebody is going to have to pull a trigger' to stop Trump prosecutions

Retired Major League Baseball pitcher-turned-right-wing commentator Curt Schilling told Fox News host Jesse Watters on Friday that "somebody is going to have to pull a trigger" in retaliation to the criminal charges that were filed against former President Donald Trump by United States Justice Department special counsel Jack Smith.

"The problem is Jesse, you know, if you look at, you know, I love coming on this show. I love talking to you. I love what you've done, what you're doing with your voice, but the fact of the matter is, you know, I'm tired of listening to Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz and Dan Crenshaw and these people talk. Talk. Talk — that's all they're doing. They're talking," Schilling crowed on Jesse Watters Primetime.

"We're up against a side and a force that doesn't play by the rules, refuses to play by the rules, just look no further than the unconstitutional thing going with former President Trump and we're not doing anything about it. We're talking about it, and we get excited and we get emotional. That's it," Schilling carped. "They break the law and they do the things they need to do to ensure their agenda is driven forward and we're watching them gut our nation from the inside out. And I don't know where the rubber is going to meet the road because it's a true sacrifice. mean, you look at the guys, the young men that signed the Constitution and all the things that they sacrificed everything to come out from under a tyrannical government, and then eventually at some point, there was a man at Concord who decided he was going to pull the trigger. And I feel like we're getting back to a point where somebody is going to have to pull a trigger because everything we hold dear, everything this country was founded on is being just dragged through the mud and mocked and made fun of. This country was founded on Godly principles. No matter how offensive that is to the left, it's true."

Watters was momentarily taken aback.

"Well, I'm going to assume you mean 'pull the trigger' metaphorically?" he asked.

"Absolutely, well, no," Schilling replied.

Using an influential platform to encourage violence and murder.

Judicial systems response: we rule in favour of the argument that this is entertainment, not to be believed.  

New DOJ filing reveals more indictments coming against Trump team: ex-Watergate prosecutor

Donald Trump and his team should brace for new indictments incoming based on a new filing in the criminal case brought by Jack Smith, a former Watergate prosecutor said on Saturday.

Jill Wine-Banks, who served as a prosecutor during the Watergate scandal and was also the first female general counsel of the Army, appeared on MSNBC's Ayman on Saturday. She was asked about the recent filing in which Jack Smith mentions "ongoing investigations."

"What do you make of that motion filed by the special counsel Jack Smith, and it's reference to material regarding quote, ongoing investigations?" the host asked.

Wine-Banks said that the reference made it much more likely that another indictment is coming from one angle or another.

"Of course, that raises the probability that Jack Smith and his team are going to have additional indictments. Whether that is for the January 6th, whether that is just adding additional people to the Mar-a-Lago documents case, or a third possibility, we don't know."

She added that it is "ironic that there are no defenses, basically, to the case that's already been brought."

"And so, there's always a rule for trial lawyers that if the law is on your side, stress the law. if the facts are on your side, stress the facts. And if neither is on your side, pound the table. And I'm afraid the defense lawyers to the extent that he has any, are going to have to pound the table. Because they don't have law or facts on their side."

https://www.alternet.org/doj-filing-more-indictments-trump/

More depravity from Texas.

Something missing from these People. They are deeply disturbed.

"In a week when parts of the state are getting triple-digit temperatures and weather officials urge Texans to stay cool and hydrated, Gov. Greg Abbott gave final approval to a law that will eliminate local rules mandating water breaks for construction workers."

definitely will be people dying if this is complied with. Mostly Hispanic I read, so, that makes it ok since they are subhuman to a abbott.

abbott was recently reelected.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/06/16/texas-heat-wave-water-break-construction-workers/

why would a normal person stay there if they had a choice?

Edited by Mark F

2 hours ago, Mark F said:

More depravity from Texas.

Something missing from these People. They are deeply disturbed.

"In a week when parts of the state are getting triple-digit temperatures and weather officials urge Texans to stay cool and hydrated, Gov. Greg Abbott gave final approval to a law that will eliminate local rules mandating water breaks for construction workers."

definitely will be people dying if this is complied with. Mostly Hispanic I read, so, that makes it ok since they are subhuman to a abbott.

abbott was recently reelected.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/06/16/texas-heat-wave-water-break-construction-workers/

why would a normal person stay there if they had a choice?

That would depend on a) which end of the economic spectrum you are on and/or b) If you have a social conscience. Since so many construction workers are Hispanic and unregistered, abusing them is good Texas politics.

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I'm really disliking how media outlets are giving Bill Barr a platform to reinvent himself by slagging Trump.

Everything is transactional for these people, it's how does this benefit me regardless of anything else.

In the end all these former bootlickers who would prefer that you forget how far up Trump's ass they were will vote for him if he is the Republican nominee.