US Politics

Rich

4 minutes ago, do or die said:

Democrats of all stripes should be censored for the disgraceful, Antifa false flag operation, they pulled off, yesterday.
So I hear.....

I mean look at them! Clearly these are the anti-fascists (Antifa, as the alt-right likes to call them):

And, these are the good people that were being defended for the past 5 years? 

Former FBI assistant director fears the US is entering a period of 'permanent insurrection'

Some of the most sobering commentary on the January 6 invasion of the Capitol Building has come from former FBI Assistant Director Frank Figliuzzi, now a national security analyst for MSNBC. During an MSNBC appearance following the attack, Figliuzzi expressed fears that the violence that rocked Washington, D.C. on January 6 is a preview of things to come.

Figliuzzi warned that "extremists" in the U.S. have been "radicalized" and that the storming of the Capitol Building was a result of that radicalization. The former FBI assistant director told MSNBC's Brian Williams, "Look, this wasn't a surprise for anyone. If you were monitoring social media traffic of known extremist groups, violent groups and individuals, you knew this was coming. So, this was not so much an intelligence failure as a security failure. I don't know any professional member of law enforcement who would consider today successful…. This was a failure of police work today."

Former FBI assistant director fears the US is entering a period of 'permanent insurrection' - Alternet.org

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Former FBI assistant director fears the US is entering a period of 'permanent insurrection'

Some of the most sobering commentary on the January 6 invasion of the Capitol Building has come from former FBI Assistant Director Frank Figliuzzi, now a national security analyst for MSNBC. During an MSNBC appearance following the attack, Figliuzzi expressed fears that the violence that rocked Washington, D.C. on January 6 is a preview of things to come.

Figliuzzi warned that "extremists" in the U.S. have been "radicalized" and that the storming of the Capitol Building was a result of that radicalization. The former FBI assistant director told MSNBC's Brian Williams, "Look, this wasn't a surprise for anyone. If you were monitoring social media traffic of known extremist groups, violent groups and individuals, you knew this was coming. So, this was not so much an intelligence failure as a security failure. I don't know any professional member of law enforcement who would consider today successful…. This was a failure of police work today."

Former FBI assistant director fears the US is entering a period of 'permanent insurrection' - Alternet.org

This is exactly what's happening. The deplorable, alt-right, white supremacists have been building this for years. 

Some have commented  yesterday that included in the protesters were off duty cops from the area and when all hell broke loose they got phones calls telling them to go get changed and head to the Capitol, maybe said in jest maybe not, but all day I heard that the Capitol police was a few thousand strong and that they could handle a crowd of unruly protesters.

49 minutes ago, JCon said:

This is exactly what's happening. The deplorable, alt-right, white supremacists have been building this for years. 

There was a report detailing this when Obama was President. 

Obama shelved it, cause he didnt want want to offend anyone.

and the number of people working on right wing terrorism was reduced.

Yet now , the cowardly Democrats continue to do nothing.

man I despise them in some ways. 

you could be forgiven for thinking they are ok with this. The other option is that they are stupid.

Edited by Mark F

(CNN) - A growing number of lawmakers -- including from Democratic leadership -- are calling for President Donald Trump to be removed from office either through impeachment or the 25th Amendment to the Constitution after a violent mob of Trump supporters stormed the US Capitol on Wednesday.
"The quickest and most effective way -- it can be done today -- to remove this president from office would be for the Vice President to immediately invoke the 25th amendment. If the Vice President and the Cabinet refuse to stand up, Congress should reconvene to impeach the president," he said in the statement. 

Invoking the 25th Amendment would require Vice President Mike Pence and a majority of the Cabinet to vote to remove Trump from office due to his inability to "discharge the powers and duties of his office" -- an unprecedented step.

2 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Facebook banning trump... indefinitely. Two weeks left... the last five years they have profited of of and enabled him and his hate. 

I heard on CJOB this morning that Twitter believes Trump’s presence alone  accounts for 20% of their traffic and ergo it’s revenue streams. Is it any wonder they won’t ban him?

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I heard on CJOB this morning that Twitter believes Trump’s presence alone  accounts for 20% of their traffic and ergo it’s revenue streams. Is it any wonder they won’t ban him?

Yup. 

Also, these social media companies need to pick what they want to be: Publisher or Platform. They can't be both, yet the government is allowing them to be.

3 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

It is with hesitation that I post this because it does not put her in good light. 
She died, not specifically because of something she did, but because some of her beliefs put her there at that time. She couldn’t have known.

Do not watch if you do not want to see her portrayed as a bit of ‘wild one’. 

Yeah, @Jpan85 already posted that an hour ago in the other thread- not the most flattering video, we shouldn't be judged on one of worst days.

1 hour ago, Jpan85 said:

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

As the evidence of Trump's incompetence, indifference and complicity rises, it will be harder and harder for the GOP and Democrats to resist removing him from office and prosecute him. I do not think they have the cojones to do it.  

Democrats already voted to impeach and remove him once. It was only the GOP that shrugged their shoulders. New articles of impeachment have already been drawn up but the GOP will block it.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

Democrats already voted to impeach and remove him once. It was only the GOP that shrugged their shoulders. New articles of impeachment have already been drawn up but the GOP will block it.

Well, if that's the case with the GOP, let them own what ever happens next. Everyone knows there is a "next", there is literally no bottom to the depths that trump will go to stay in office or burn it all down.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy