Around The League Off Season Discussion

1 hour ago, SPuDS said:

He could also have been notified that he could be getting traded to 1 or more teams, no?

Players don't really have any say in where they are traded to. And what type of advice could Warren Moon give about that? 

Best I can come up with is wanting advice on whether he should stay in the CFL or try the NFL.

Edited by Jacquie

5 hours ago, Jacquie said:

Players don't really have any say in where they are traded to. And what type of advice could Warren Moon give about that? 

Best I can come up with is wanting advice on whether he should stay in the CFL or try the NFL.

If that's the case than it's likely that Edm has given him an out if he is to pursue an NFL opportunity... meaning he can still be under contract in the CFL next year...

Here's a "What If...": What if Franklin says "I want to be a starter..." and they really believe in him......and they deal Reilly instead? The guy hasn't exactly been the picture of health....if they really believe Franklin is going to be a superstar, it's not the craziest thought ever....

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Here's a "What If...": What if Franklin says "I want to be a starter..." and they really believe in him......and they deal Reilly instead? The guy hasn't exactly been the picture of health....if they really believe Franklin is going to be a superstar, it's not the craziest thought ever....

Too soon for that if you ask me.  If Jones was still in charge there though, it would be more of a possibility.

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Trade the guy who won you a Grey Cup just one year ago and is one of the top performing qbs in the league to go with a largely unknown? Yeah I don't think so. 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

it's pretty close...

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

it's pretty close...

It may not be as nutty as it first seems. Reilly would command a helluva price in a trade, and he is doubtless making mega bucks. Reilly has also been taking a real beating and I'm pretty sure all of his parts are not working like they used to. If Franklin is oozing potential, making a lot less money and is less beaten-up, a deal may make sense.

1 minute ago, tracker said:

It may not be as nutty as it first seems. Reilly would command a helluva price in a trade, and he is doubtless making mega bucks. Reilly has also been taking a real beating and I'm pretty sure all of his parts are not working like they used to. If Franklin is oozing potential, making a lot less money and is less beaten-up, a deal may make sense.

I get the theory... but let's be realistic here... do you think I team like Edmonton would ever trade the best QB in the league while he's still at his peak... wait a minute... ;)

44 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I get the theory... but let's be realistic here... do you think I team like Edmonton would ever trade the best QB in the league while he's still at his peak... wait a minute... ;)

39 minutes ago, JCon said:

Confirmed: Reilly to Toronto.

5 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

What???

Just a joke. Just kidding.

Confirmed: Hervey to Toronto as new GM.

14 minutes ago, gcn11 said:

CFL.ca publishes the pending FA's and to the surprise of no one except Rider fans, James Franklin is not among them. Rider Stronson's already humiliatingly plummeting credibility takes another blow.

Vaguely comforting to know that if we can't have Franklin, the Riders can't, either.

Arash Madani
Per #CFL sources: If Danny Maciocia becomes Als GM, Ricky Ray's landing spot may be Montreal. Show Vernon Adams the ropes + be insurance QB.

Herb Zurkowsky
-God love Chris Berman. He always talks about the Grey Cup after it has been played. Shout out to Anthony Calvillo too.
-#Als have requested permission to interview Redblacks' assistant GM Brock Sunderland. The process begins.

CFL News
Edmonton was the only team in #CFL that didn’t open their dressing room once a week to the media. - @sunterryjones #Esks

Drew Edwards
If Steinauer gets the head job in Toronto, his first call may be to his former colleague with the Ticats, Tommy Condell, who resigned as offensive co-ordinator on the eve of the 2016 season. Condell and his family are still living in Ancaster and word is that he would be open to a return to the CFL.

That said, another under-the-radar candidate for the Toronto coaching job, should it become available, could be Winnipeg offensive co-ordinator Paul LaPolice, who took the Bombers to the Grey Cup as head coach in 2012.

CFL News
Many believe that current Argonauts head man Scott Milanovich will be fired this week - @scratchingpost #CFL #Argos

-Mitchell: 'I don’t know how we didn’t win' - CFL.ca @CFL cfl.ca/2016/11/28/mit… #CFL

?‍?With Henry Burris now qbacking 3 teams into the grey Cup in the last 4 years, and winning this last one, he is a shoe-in for the CFL's hall of fame. Whether you like him or not.
It's my opinion the RedBlacks do not win if Trevor Harris starts the game.

CFL Headlines 
Laval’s Antony Auclair, Manitoba’s Geoff Gray invited to U.S. university… goo.gl/fb/fX35jG - 3 Down Nation

Herb Zurkowsky
As I reported earlier this week, #Als requested permission to interview Brock Sunderland - who wasn't at Redblacks exit meetings. Hmmm

-Dickenson: "Derek Dennis is looking at the NFL. If that doesn't work out, we'll be in the running (to sign him)"
-Dickenson: "Dan Federkeil will have surgery tomorrow. If he decides to play again, it will be for us"

Dave Campbell
Argos sign DE Shawn Lemon to a two-year contract extension. #lemondrops #CFL

Eskimos
BREAKING: Offensive lineman Justin Sorensen extended through 2018. #Esks @justin_6868

Drew Edwards
At this time last season, there were 203 players scheduled to become free agents (83 nationals and 120 internationals.) Of those 77 (0r 38 per cent) were either re-signed or extended by their existing club, while 54 (or 27 per cent) signed with another CFL team. Just 12 signed NFL contracts while 62 – or 31 per cent– were not signed by the time training camp started in June.
http://3downnation.com/2016/12/01/pending-cfl-free-agents-never-hit-market-go/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+3downnation%2FgLSo+(3DownNation)

On 30/11/2016 at 11:11 AM, Noeller said:

No it's not and I remember us talking about Reilly years ago saying he isn't going to last long playing the style he plays. He subjects his body to a lot of abuse. He is one tough hombre though. I think the punishment is starting to show.

Still, if we could woo Franklin away from the shmoes I think it'd be wonderful.

On 30/11/2016 at 1:35 PM, bearpants said:

Ha ha ha. Good one. Yeah, let's get Braley in here to make that deal for us. Ooops, wait a minute, he's already sold his soul to the devil. Never mind. ;)