Montreal at BC - Sept. 9

Mr Dee

?‍?Rakeem Cato vs Jonathan Jennings
Jim Popp vs Wally Buono 

OK I've seen enough already. How can we expect help from Montreal when we see a start like that?

?‍?Well, Montreal does have the best Red Zone Defence in the league, and the best tackler in Bear Woods. BC had to try 7 FGs the last time they played, making 5.
Of course,,people will counter that BC has the next two best tacklers in Elimimian and Bighill, but they're just quibbling.
OK then, Tyrell Sutton is back as the RB and last week produced a season-high 71 yards averaging 7.1 per carry. He has 104 yards on 20 carries since returning from the Injured List.
Is that enough? 
Duron Carter is back.
What else? Well, OC Anthony Calvillo is pissed and wants the offence to click better. That echoes what their main pass catcher, Nic Lewis, is saying.
Oh yeah, Ronnie Yell is out with an injury, so that should help.
Also, BC is concerned with their O-Line, so if Noel Thorp's boys can have themselves a game....
Special teams will be so very important to both teams as well.

CFL.ca stats
By the Numbers

23% – Red zone conversion rate against Montreal’s defence; the Als are the stoutest red zone defence in the league.
26-9 – BC’s lead in the all-time series between the Lions and Als in Vancouver. Home field advantage?
50.6 – BC kicker Richie Leone’s current average yardage on a punt, tied with Jon Ryan’s all-time CFL record.
74 – League-leading tackles recorded by Montreal linebacker Bear Woods

Go Montreal!

My "I cheer for the result that is best for the league" hat cant decide which team i want to win.  Both fanbases are down, albeit BCs has taken a huge hit the last 4 years and Montreal will recoup once they get a qb, and we are also in tough competition with BC right now for second in the west........TIME FOR A TIE!

Gotta cheer for the dirty birds.  BC drops to 7-4 and with the bombers whoopin the riders tomorrow, were suddenly in a tie for 2nd.  pretty easy who to cheer for if you ask me.  However.... If we dont win tomorrow, then I'm convinced we just plain fn suck at home (aside from that hamilton thumping this year) in which case being on the road for the playoffs could be a blessing in disguise

26 minutes ago, peggars said:

i would be happy taking a crossover playoff spot and competing with the east to get to the grey cup, might be tough getting past BC or Calgary opposed to Ottawa or Hamilton  

For those hoping to see the Bombers in the Grey Cup, I suggest you pray for a crossover to the East. It will be a lot easier beating any or all of the teams there than fighting our way through BC and/or Calgary and I do not think we have seen the best of the Eskies yet, either.

1 hour ago, tracker said:

For those hoping to see the Bombers in the Grey Cup, I suggest you pray for a crossover to the East. It will be a lot easier beating any or all of the teams there than fighting our way through BC and/or Calgary and I do not think we have seen the best of the Eskies yet, either.

I understand what you're saying but sure hope the Bombers aren't thinking that way.

6 minutes ago, Judd said:

They keep talking as if the "veteran" Jovon Johnson is an all-star or something. Who cares if he's a veteran, he's still awful

I don't know, I have a lot of respect for Jovon, not many guys can play defensive back professionally for 9 years.  Must be doing something right.

-----

Cato looks pretty good but he might get picked soon.

Edited by Atomic