Suggestions

Rich

Are nested quotes limited? I kinda like how Riderfans allows only one nested quote. Two would be okay as well. OB would get ridiculous sometimes with the massive "quote trains".

Maximum currently set at 3.

If it becomes too messy, we can lower it to 1 or 2.

i'd rather you up'd it.

I dunno, 3 seems like a good number.

A feature to collapse the twitter box would be nice (and to remember your setting as well). I find it distracting.

Also, a little more contrast between the post content and background would be nice. It would make it easier to tell where one post begins and another ends.

A feature to collapse the twitter box would be nice (and to remember your setting as well). I find it distracting.

Also, a little more contrast between the post content and background would be nice. It would make it easier to tell where one post begins and another ends.

You're not the first to ask for the contrast .. I can definitely escalate the request to the Powers That Be (All Hail JimmyFresco).

You're not the first to ask for the contrast .. I can definitely escalate the request to the Powers That Be (All Hail JimmyFresco).

I am going to see if I can't knock off a few of these (hopefully) quicker cosmetic changes over the next couple of days.

I just got home from picking up our season tickets and taking a stroll through the new stadium.

The new stadium is jaw dropping first class, and well worth any wait we had for it. Super pumped for the season and to watch the first game there.

hmmm... i suggest a video or youtube tab for when we post? :lol:

THIS!

Also, as a designer, I'd suggest a logo that didn't have 4 different fonts in it. I like the football you used. If you want me to hammer one out, I can do it next week! ;)

hmmm... i suggest a video or youtube tab for when we post? :lol:

THIS!

Also, as a designer, I'd suggest a logo that didn't have 4 different fonts in it. I like the football you used. If you want me to hammer one out, I can do it next week! ;)

We were actually going to open up to the community for logo designs because we knew there were some really solid designers out there. You were one of the guys I had in mine, so that'd be great if you had the time to put something together!

Just an FYI which could be a larger problem for some peeps.... I'm viewing this from work which sadly does not have the latest browswers (ie8) and unfortunately we also have our javascript setting set somewhat tight.

The end result is that the page looks like this for me ->

newsite.jpg

I'm sure it won't be the norm for most people, but definitely a chunk of folks who slack at work will have issues viewing the site.

Thanks

- The artist formerly known as BVD

Just an FYI which could be a larger problem for some peeps.... I'm viewing this from work which sadly does not have the latest browswers (ie8) and unfortunately we also have our javascript setting set somewhat tight.

newsite.jpg

I'm sure it won't be the norm for most people, but definitely a chunk of folks who slack at work will have issues viewing the site.

Thanks

If you go to the User Control Panel (On the Left hand menu) and goto board preferences, you can change which board style you want to use there. The default ProSilver theme is available for you to use and override the default that is set.

The caveat here being, I believe setting that will set your preference for wherever you login (so if you do it for work, it will be like that for home as well). I also don't know how much time I can give to supporting two themes with some of the planned changes. I will do my best, and if this starts effecting a lot of people, then let me know, and I will see what other alternatives there are.

newsite.jpg

Thanks

If you go to the User Control Panel (On the Left hand menu) and goto board preferences, you can change which board style you want to use there. The default ProSilver theme is available for you to use and override the default that is set.

The caveat here being, I believe setting that will set your preference for wherever you login (so if you do it for work, it will be like that for home as well). I also don't know how much time I can give to supporting two themes with some of the planned changes. I will do my best, and if this starts effecting a lot of people, then let me know, and I will see what other alternatives there are.

Unfortunately that did not correct the issue, I wouldn't sweat it to much as most likely it's just my work and it's weak weak restrictions it has. If this site does take off then I'll simply bring my tablet to work and tether it to my cell phone so I can then bombard this site with my sarcasm.

newsite.jpg

Thanks

ouchie. that ain't good.. No way to use chrome or firefox?

No way to use Chrome or Firefox or to even modify my browser, part of the problem for working for the Gov't..... everything is years behind current tech and this is why OB works perfectly from my computers at work :lol:

Now that I'm home things look nice, naturally the logo at top as mentioned around here needs an update.

I think the site needs more Gold and maybe a slight bit more cowbell :D

So far so good and as I pm'd Jimmy Fresco I wouldn't mind a shoutbox being added at the top. I'm sure as the season goes on the site will grow and flesh out. It would be neat if the site could be even more then just a message board....

Would it be possible to change the default so links open in a new window rather than leaving the site?

Which links? The links that people include in posts?

Yes.

It appears the "other" site has a very similar new look to this site, the only difference is the slightly better color scheme they have going..... verrrrrrry interesting

You can see it? When I go there not logged in I get a message that the board is currently unavailable. If I go with the automatic log-in I get the message about my account being suspended.

No way to use Chrome or Firefox or to even modify my browser, part of the problem for working for the Gov't..... everything is years behind current tech and this is why OB works perfectly from my computers at work :lol:

Now that I'm home things look nice, naturally the logo at top as mentioned around here needs an update.

I think the site needs more Gold and maybe a slight bit more cowbell :D

So far so good and as I pm'd Jimmy Fresco I wouldn't mind a shoutbox being added at the top. I'm sure as the season goes on the site will grow and flesh out. It would be neat if the site could be even more then just a message board....

och, aye.. government is also notorious for locking down your computer to the bare minimum.. I'm surprised you can actually browse off their network.. and if this board could evolve into more then just a bunch of bomber junkies throwing posts around, the better :)

It appears the "other" site has a very similar new look to this site, the only difference is the slightly better color scheme they have going..... verrrrrrry interesting

I'm sure I can guess what you're implying. But no.

And yes, they're different. Not by much, but they are.