Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. It;s fun to rip on Jones and the Riders for the way this all went down... but the more I think about it, and after hearing Dave Naylor explain it... I don't blame Jones for the move he made... According to Naylor, the situation developed quickly: the Browns requested the interview Monday morning and he was hired by Tuesday afternoon... so when he signed the extension, he had no idea (apparently) that this job might be coming... and the club did agree to give him an out for an NFL opportunity... so really you can;t blame Jones for taking a chance to jump at the NFL... you never know when that opportunity might come again... My only skepticism might be if he had been speaking to the Browns and knew something could potentially come about.. and didn't tell the Riders... and still signed the extension... that would be a dirtbag* douchebag move... *if you're a fan of Brooklyn 99... you'll know that "dirtbag" is actually a compliment...
  2. wow... this is almost so pathetic.... it's impressive... I'm sure Kerry Joseph is available somewhere too... That would be amazing if he became a homer shill for the Stamps... just imagining how much the rider fans would lose it makes me happy...
  3. I wonder if Marc Trestman might be on their radar now...
  4. while I certainly agree with you that Vancouver and Edmonton are much nicer cities than Regina... when comparing football stadiums... Sask blows those other two out of the water...
  5. this, in no way, circumvents the cap... it's not like the Bombers are paying him for his second job... Wade probably just knows a guy in the industry and gave a glowing review...
  6. I'm pretty sure the only HC currently in the $10M area is Jon Gruden (2.5M per win)... but the top end guys would be in the 5-8M range... which is certainly a nice little payday..
  7. It literally never occurred to me until this very moment that polo park was named after... an actual park for playing polo... very cool...
  8. I meant as far as getting all the attention and DMOP nomination and such in2011... nothing to do with the vote...
  9. the return stats certainly didn't hurt his case either... but I always believed that Hefney was the better player when they were both in their prime...
  10. He made his name playing for Oregon... did he also play for E Wash?
  11. Sure, but you don't punt in the NFL for 10 years just cuz you have a strong leg... My vote (when we get to that) is still Bob... but based on pure talent, Jon is right up there...
  12. I think a lot of people are calling for Adams to be replaced... well not so much replaced, but bumped down a spot or two in the WR hierarchy...
  13. just my opinion.... but when it comes to great corners... sometime the best have very low numbers because they never get thrown at... If you check the stats in Derrell Revis's best days... he usually only had far lower numbers than the leaders in the position group... because teams simply game planned to avoid him... Not agreeing or disagreeing with your point... just wanted to get my 5 cents in...
  14. I'd like to see the quote where someone (anyone) on this website, ever, blamed a loss specifically on Strevler...
  15. Discussing Streveler: Wins don't matter... as longs as he's inspiring the team... Discussing Nichols: Who cares if he wins every game... have you seen his passing stats?!?
  16. Did I miss something?... I thought Stubler was already confirmed on Claybrooks' staff...
  17. And if you did say something bad.... he'll find you! 😨
  18. I'm pretty sure he'll be asking Stubler to implement his defensive strategies... he'll likely be very hands on with the D... the bigger concern is he'll need to find a good OC sine he basically has no offensive history...
  19. isn't this kind of the same thing as saying "I just hope they all have fun out there" 😄
  20. did you mean for the poll to be closed to soon?... I thought the polls would be open for a week?
  21. Sorry! So is this just going to be open discussion... or will you list a poll for each position and we can vote? I'd have to agree with the consensus that Hill and Browne should be the winners... with Bolden as a close third...
  22. I enjoy seeing the Rider suffer b/c of it... but I still think the coaching/mgmt staff salary cap is stupid...
  23. talent being equal... completely disagree... you can be "hugs" off the field and be a "thug" on the field... two perfect examples: Adam Bighill and Mattias Goossen...
  24. Murphy has shown to be a strong personnel guy... as long as he has someone credible to reign him in... he was most successful under Huff, because Huff would keep him in his place...
  25. That's very true... but remember the XFL will be taking place in the NFL off-season... so people might come out just to watch some football to tide them over til training camp...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.