Everything posted by bearpants
-
GDT Pre-season Game 1 - Edmonton at Bombers
I don’t think a couple negative comments indicates that “we” are giving up on Streveller... even the people saying they expected more probably agree he’s the back up on day one... also...he did have Harris and Adams in the line up for his series’...
-
2019 CFL Season: Around the League
Reminds a me a little of the 2013 pre-season... you don’t put too much emphasis on x games but when you lose 37-1... it should be a bit of a red flag...
-
2019 CFL Season: Around the League
"He participated in some practice before Saskatchewan’s home playoff game against Winnipeg two weeks later, but knew he would be unable to play – even as the team tried to keep it a secret." But I thought the saviour of the Riders and the league sacrificed his team for the good health and future of this young man... despite medical clearance... in a very selfless and heroic move... there's no possible way we could've been intentionally lead astray by media and fans from the rectangle?!?
-
Depth Charts
I can't imagine that happening... everything I've read (yes, not with my own eyes) says hes having a great camp... and we all know O'Shea likes his veterans...
- 2019 Main Training Camp
-
CFL Pre-season - Week 1
I think we can all agree that SJ Green today is not the same as SJ Green 3-4 years ago... but I think it's a stretch to say he's completely done...
-
Around the League: 2019 Off Season
He’s a friend of mine... he was alive when Zorn played here, albeit not old enough to remember him play... the story behind the jersey is his family actually made friends with the Zorns in their short time here and still keep in touch to this day...
-
2019 Main Training Camp
A BIG ADDITION, PART II: The way the presence of Matthews impacts the offence will also be occurring on defence, where end Willie Jefferson makes the Bombers front seven as imposing as any in the CFL. As difficult as this may be to fathom, Jefferson looks even bigger than the 6-6, 245 he is listed as on the roster. His first step is lightning quick, his wingspan is massive and he sets the same tone in practice as others like Adam Bighill and Brandon Alexander do on defence. I don't recall the riders doing this last year but I would love to see some goal line packages that include Jefferson... https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/05/26/eight-storylines-day-8-camp/
-
2019 Main Training Camp
Lol... oh the irony... I came to the “training camp” thread to read news on training camp (surprise, surprise)... and I have to sift through 4 pages of people complaining about the lack of micro threads.... anyways... according to the day 1 roster sheet, Frank Sutton was the “other” #57 at camp... and he’s now gone...
-
Around the League: 2019 Off Season
They fixed one thing and ruined another... the helmets are nice by why the orange pants... just go black, would look sooo much slicker...
- 2019 Main Training Camp
- 2019 Main Training Camp
-
Rookie Camp Discussion
Good to see the forum is in mid-season form already! 😂
-
Around the League: 2019 Off Season
Didn't see if this was answered... If you have a Canadian QB does that give you an additional DI? Everyone that covers sask seems to think 2015 Collaros is magically coming back... Everything any reasonable person saw last year would suggest he will continue to decline this year...
-
Rookie Camp Discussion
While I disagree with the point you're trying to make (or narrative you've been pushing for some time now)... You are correct that most casual fans in Winnipeg are pretty fickle when it comes to the QB situation... As soon a decent back up emerges, any misstep from the starter makes the #2 the most popular guy on the team...
-
Around the League: 2019 Off Season
fair enough... I suppose I meant 4 or 5 players... which doesn't necessarily qualify as "a ton"...
-
Bomber News: 2019 Off Season
yes that is correct... in your initial response you said he couldn't be around the team if he was on the six game... I thihnk we're both on the same page just got some wires crossed...
-
Around the League: 2019 Off Season
I've said from the day the Lions went on a FA spending spree... their season will be made or broken by their rookies... They have a ton of top end talent... it's a matter of how well their rookies/bottom end players perform... If they can find a few good rookie gems, no reason they can't compete for 1st in the west along with Calgary and Winnipeg... and Sask (haha, just kidding)...
-
Bomber News: 2019 Off Season
this isn't totally accurate... he can be around the team... he just can't participate in practice... either way, i expect the Bombers will get him signed before Saturday so he can at least be with the team and experience TC, etc...
-
Bomber News: 2019 Off Season
it comes with a free drink... so that's basically a $20 ticket!
-
Around the League: 2019 Off Season
If Ryan could kick FGs even at 80-85%... he'd be worth 200k... I believe it was reported he was making around 175k... so the way I always look at it is we're paying around 75k for an average punter and around 100k for the most accurate FG kicker in the league... seems like a good deal to me...
-
Players You're Excited To See
Who am I excited to see... Am I allowed to say Bighill??... I know we watched him be the best defensive player in the league last year... MLB has always been my favourite position to watch... and I'm so excited to see him play again!
-
CIS Draft - May 2nd
I would think (or hope) that @wbbfan was talking about 2 or 3 years into the future... otherwise I would agree... starting 3 raw rookies on the O-line is a recipe for disaster...
-
Mini Camp
Did I miss something... isn't this hair cut called a man bun?
-
Alliance of American Football
This is actually not AS ridiculous as it sounds... it would basically only apply in the unlikely scenario that the QB throws the ball and it gets batted back to him... the QB would then still have the option to throw... according to the article...