Everything posted by bearpants
-
GDT: Bombers vs Ottawa
Do you have the stats on Winnipeg's defense on 2-point converts?.... I don't know if it's just me but it feels like the bombers give up about 75% of 2 point converts...
-
GDT Tiger-Cats @ Larks
Why is Luc Broduer-Jordain retiring after the third game of the season?... I assume is has to be "other career opportunities" related... otherwise why show up to TC and play in three games??
-
Bombers @ Lewis Ward's 47 yard missed FG Pre-game Thread
Bighill is unquestionably the best player and leader of this defense... but I think the talent surrounding him has increased over the last couple years (including the last of the glorious Hurl years)... I think the defense will still be solid... led by the front 4... I'm predicting 5 sacks of Dom tomorrow night... including Big Willie breaking out with three (a sack-trick?)...
-
GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019
- GDT: Argos @ 'Riders
Realistically this game was a "must win" for the Riders... not because 0-3 is an insurmountable hole... but imagine losing to a team that just got pummeled by 50 points, in your own barn... had they lost, it would've been serious panic button time in rider land...- GDT: Argos @ 'Riders
I think you should be right.... but apparently Cody himself says it should be pronounced with a hard J...- GDT: Edmonton @ Winnipeg June 27, 2019
I've got an old Clint Kent jersey that I'll need to pull out of the closet thanks to the resurrection of #41... Luckily it's royal blue from when the team was wearing the 80s throwbacks... I don't think this is something we need to worry about.. it was an uncharacteristically poor ball handling game for Harris.... he's gonna tear Ottawa apart next week...- Esks vs Bombers Depth Charts
I'm no expert... but I'm wondering if dressing Nelson and Whitehead is a little redundant... they bring similar skill sets and whoever is returning kicks could be used as a "gadget" player on offense... that said, if we can get Whitehead in space and utilize his skills... he brings a lot to the table...- TiCats @ Argos
Does Mike Sherman count??- Lions @ Eskimos
I think the lions will end up being pretty good this year... not a juggernaut, but I could see them winning 10 or 11 games and competing for a home playoff game... once they get their offense clicking they can outscore a lot of teams...- Riders @ RedBlacks
If you're talking about the 2007 GC... it's because Berry challenged a challenge that the Riders won (spot of the ball if memory serves correct)... he didn't challenge an unchallengable (this is, apparently, not a word) play...- 2019 CFL Season: Around the League
They make a good point here... assuming this is true... "On multiple occasions, including our recent collective negotiations, we proposed the CFL adopt a system, currently used with success in the NFL, that would introduce fair and transparent protocols for players facing supplemental discipline. The process would be more equitable for players, streamline decisions and remove the subjective and inconsistent discipline in the hands of the Commissioner. This process would also provide a binding decision."- 2019 CFL Season: Around the League
Disappointing that we didn't get him... but good for him carrying on... always root for Winnipeg players...- 3 stars plus HH
You’re a far better twitter searcher than I am!- 3 stars plus HH
I can’t remember who it was... immediately after he was drafted, someone in the media said Exumé would be a teams stud right from day one... was that guy ever right...- Bombers @ Lions GDT!!!!!!!Finally!!!
Hey when your best trash talk is... “maybe your team won in dominating fashion but your QB wasn’t perfect, haha suckers!” probably grasping at straws...- 2019 CFL Season: Around the League
You know what... falling on the sword for that mistake might be the only honorable thing Kavis has done in his CFL career... it's far more likely it was a player's fault than the coaches fault...- 2019 CFL Season: Around the League
I say let them have it... how many Bomber fans are still replaying the 2007 GC with Kevin Glenn under centre?...- Regular Season Bomber News
I honestly think Coombs is a slightly better version of Demski... you just never know how many games you'll actually get from Coombs... history suggests not very many...- Training Camp Cuts
Is the veteran-American-counting-against-the-ratio-in-the-event-of-an-injury rule in effect this year?... if both cdn receivers get hurt, peterman and whitehead come in and Adams now counts as a national...- GDT Pre-season Game 2 - Bombers @ Riders
Uh oh... if O’Day gonna be your starting RB you guys are really in trouble! 😉- Montreal parts ways with Sherman. Khari Jones new HC.
I love Khari as much as most bomber fans from the early 00s... but you gotta think this might be his last chance to prove something... in 10(ish) years as a coach at different levels he hasn’t really proven much of anything... I still wish him all the best of luck... 7 wins probably gets you second in the east this year...- Training Camp Cuts
Assuming you’re talking about Simonise... he did play teams last year... he even had a punt block... I think he just failed to progress like they had hoped and other guys were just better... its actually great that the bombers are in a position to cut good players bc they have better ones... it’s been a long time since they could do that... (other than the last few years)- NFL Coming to Winnipeg for Preseason Game
Hahaha... if you stay near the stadium you should be good... Make sure to keep it on you if you're going downtown though...😂... 😭- GDT Pre-season Game 2 - Bombers @ Riders
he's not wrong... the circumstances leading up to the throw away were bad but getting rid of the ball before taking a sack is always the better play... - GDT: Argos @ 'Riders