MMQB - CFL Week!

Just want the Bombers to put together a scratch-and-claw type effort that is easy to cheer hard for.  We'll look like apathetic, uninterested Toronto Bills fans on the larger stage if IGF is anything like it was last year with Burke's roll-over-and-die team.

Don't think that will happen, tone is set. Mike O'Shea expects to make the playoffs and compete for the Grey Cup. Tim 'dear in the headlights' Burke, well, I would dare to say #1 in all time loser coaches for us, even ahead of Kelly and Reinbold, as at least those two took charge. Burke didn't take charge and set us up for failure. I think O'Shea, by years end, will be a front runner for coach of the year. 

Just want the Bombers to put together a scratch-and-claw type effort that is easy to cheer hard for.  We'll look like apathetic, uninterested Toronto Bills fans on the larger stage if IGF is anything like it was last year with Burke's roll-over-and-die team.

Don't think that will happen, tone is set. Mike O'Shea expects to make the playoffs and compete for the Grey Cup. Tim 'dear in the headlights' Burke, well, I would dare to say #1 in all time loser coaches for us, even ahead of Kelly and Reinbold, as at least those two took charge. Burke didn't take charge and set us up for failure. I think O'Shea, by years end, will be a front runner for coach of the year. 

I would tend to agree that Burke was the worst head coach I have ever seen this team employ. Now obviously there's a lot of years I wasn't around to see, but we've had some bad ones in the last 30 years and Burke was as bad or worse than all of them. Never have I seen a team fold at the first sign of adversity like last years team did and that all comes back on the guy who is supposed to lead this team. 

I would tend to agree that Burke was the worst head coach I have ever seen this team employ. Now obviously there's a lot of years I wasn't around to see, but we've had some bad ones in the last 30 years and Burke was as bad or worse than all of them. Never have I seen a team fold at the first sign of adversity like last years team did and that all comes back on the guy who is supposed to lead this team. 

Actually, it comes back to the smarts of the man who thought Burke was the answer to replace LaPolice. And that includes some of those here who thought the same. Ouch.

Actually, it comes back to the smarts of the man who thought Burke was the answer to replace LaPolice. And that includes some of those here who thought the same. Ouch.

you really want to start this argument for no reason? 

Just want the Bombers to put together a scratch-and-claw type effort that is easy to cheer hard for. We'll look like apathetic, uninterested Toronto Bills fans on the larger stage if IGF is anything like it was last year with Burke's roll-over-and-die team.

First time on this forum, is it?

Just want the Bombers to put together a scratch-and-claw type effort that is easy to cheer hard for. We'll look like apathetic, uninterested Toronto Bills fans on the larger stage if IGF is anything like it was last year with Burke's roll-over-and-die team.

First time on this forum, is it?

LMAO - that's usually me. I forgot about Darryl Rodgers though, he was pretty bad too. Yeah, a lot of bad coaches, but some good ones, Mike Riley, my all time fav, Cal Murphy, even Ray Jauch for a couple of years did ok, and I even remember Bud Riley. 

Though Burke is still the worst for the reason many here have pointed out time and again, his failure to make any adjustments at halftime. I think that's why the team wilted so bad. I mean, they knew there was no other strategy to employ. So if their gameplan wasn't working then that was it. I do like Burke as a Coordinator, and he'll do a fine job in Toronto. Does anyone know if we're still paying him? If so, at worst I hope that his salary with Toronto counts - i.e. he was making 100 grand for us, Toronto is paying him 65 grand as a coordinator so we only need to pay him 35 grand. 

Burke wasn't the pompous ass that Kelly was, but he was utterly lost as a head coach and it showed almost from the first game on. If we'd had an even average quarterback like Glenn, things would have been better but the end result would probably have been the same. For the last half of the season, I felt sad for the players who were trying to play for pride and in those games, when the team came back onto the field after half-time, you could see the resignation in every step.

LMAO - that's usually me. I forgot about Darryl Rodgers though, he was pretty bad too. Yeah, a lot of bad coaches, but some good ones, Mike Riley, my all time fav, Cal Murphy, even Ray Jauch for a couple of years did ok, and I even remember Bud Riley. 

Though Burke is still the worst for the reason many here have pointed out time and again, his failure to make any adjustments at halftime. I think that's why the team wilted so bad. I mean, they knew there was no other strategy to employ. So if their gameplan wasn't working then that was it. I do like Burke as a Coordinator, and he'll do a fine job in Toronto. Does anyone know if we're still paying him? If so, at worst I hope that his salary with Toronto counts - i.e. he was making 100 grand for us, Toronto is paying him 65 grand as a coordinator so we only need to pay him 35 grand. 

Yes you're bang on about the half time adjustments... yes it's been beaten to death but it's the one thing I'll never forgive in his terrible coaching regime.... and no, we're not still paying him.... we're currently only paying current coaches and current management, what a novel concept!  ;)