Ottawa @ Montreal

Troy Smith is not good. Everyone will fawn over him because once every 15 snaps he makes a play where you go "wow" but he's inconsistent, inaccurate and really just not good.

Kinda like Chavon Walker.  3 times in this game if he just finishes a run by dropping forward he has Ottawa in 3rd and less than a yard if not 1st and 10, but each time he cut back again to try to get outside and each time they ended up punting.  Even when he has a good game he has to drive his coaches insane.

There was one pass Smith threw in the first half that was just a flat out amazing pass... then there were the ones that landed nowhere near a receiver. Michael Bishop had more accuracy than that.

I remember last year in his second or third game, he strung together a few nice tosses in a row and then out of nowhere he launched a ball that must have gone 60 yards in the air and so high it was out of view on TV. Beautiful spiral. It landed in the hands of the safety, who was about 20 yards away from the nearest receiver.

I'm watching on my PVR I'm only at the 2nd quarter but yes Smith looks like Bishop 2.0 but I wouldn't give up on him. I think the Al's greater concerns are the poor secondary and weak o line.

Smith isn't awful he's light years better then crap like Hall... He just doesn't look settled. He'll get better with experience.