Watson

Floyd

Anyone think there is a chance we move him to WR?  He's pretty critical to our ratio...

Moore and Denmark are our best slotbacks right now - maybe Watson would be better off outside of the traffic...  

I think he was WR in Unversity but can't really remember him lining up there in the CFL...

One of the things that Watson can do well is block and in that situation it makes sense to put him in the slot. I don't see Moore or Denmark being too effective coming inside to help with blocking. 

That's a bit of my point... do we want Watson blocking?  Or hope that a third import SB or Pontbriand can fill that role...

One of the things that Watson can do well is block and in that situation it makes sense to put him in the slot. I don't see Moore or Denmark being too effective coming inside to help with blocking.

That's a bit of my point... do we want Watson blocking? Or hope that a third import SB or Pontbriand can fill that role...

Why wouldn't we want Watson blocking? He hits like a truck, when he sneaks out after blocking he is an excellent threat and why put a slower, reliable guy on the outside when you can put a home run sprinter hopefully with good hands or a huge target with good hands?

Just seems like change for the sake of change... Also, Watson loves the physicality of his spot..

That's a bit of my point... do we want Watson blocking? Or hope that a third import SB or Pontbriand can fill that role...

Why wouldn't we want Watson blocking? He hits like a truck, when he sneaks out after blocking he is an excellent threat and why put a slower, reliable guy on the outside when you can put a home run sprinter hopefully with good hands or a huge target with good hands?

Just seems like change for the sake of change... Also, Watson loves the physicality of his spot..

Hard to block from the IR.

I think Watson has a bit of "Buck Pierce syndrome"... he only knows how to play the game one way and trying to change his position or style may limit his effectiveness... he's a good athlete, so maybe he can adapt but I think we will keep him where he belongs in the slot... I guess we just have to cross our fingers we'll get at least 14-16 games from him...

I think Watson has a bit of "Buck Pierce syndrome"... he only knows how to play the game one way and trying to change his position or style may limit his effectiveness... he's a good athlete, so maybe he can adapt but I think we will keep him where he belongs in the slot... I guess we just have to cross our fingers we'll get at least 14-16 games from him...

The man knows how to play in that style and it suits him.

Can he cut back a bit?  Maybe, we'll have to wait and see.

It was the worst idea going in regards to Buck. When they tried to change his style, he just couldn't quarterback any longer. He has to use his legs to boogie and escape his fate. Otherwise…a sitting buck.

Watson is definitely best at SB. He brings a dimension out of that spot that is fairly rare... Last year I seen him taking on DE's one on one. That's ridiculous for a reciever.

I'm hoping our boundary WR is Kohlert, with JFG at field WR.

I predict that we will use Carl Fitzgerald more as a receiver this season. He lined up as a slotback several times during preseason. Maybe he can take some of the load off Watson when it comes to blocking.

You know ... this is actually a fairly overlooked idea by fans. Fitzgerald could definitely be a guy who takes snaps as a receiver if needed.

IMO Fitzgerald and Feoli-Gudino could both fill Watson's spot and perform well.

Having all three healthy and on the field, would be a good thing as well.

I predict that we will use Carl Fitzgerald more as a receiver this season. He lined up as a slotback several times during preseason. Maybe he can take some of the load off Watson when it comes to blocking.

You know ... this is actually a fairly overlooked idea by fans. Fitzgerald could definitely be a guy who takes snaps as a receiver if needed.

yeah this is actually a really good idea... limiting his snaps could get him playing time late in games and in more game in general

Remind me, has he ever achieved that with the Bombers? First season maybe? . . .

Since he appears to be fragile.. Don't want him to break a nail blocking.