Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bearpants

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bearpants

  1. I really love the Ottawa idea for this week!... Great creativity for the contest.... but since I'm only at one strike... Jerome Messam
  2. I've been an advocate of this for a long time... I think reviews should be in real time.... if you can't make an obvious determination from several different angles IN REAL TIME.... then the call on the field stands.... also, get rid of the PI challenge.... Missed the season opener against Calgary... so I was pretty excited for the Toronto game... got there early... and on the first play of the game, Lankford brings it to the house... but was I immediately celebrating?... nope, I was scanning the field for flags...
  3. yeah seriously... what the hell was that joker doing the first 5 games last season!
  4. I'm legitimately surprised this isn't a gbill tweet...
  5. Well if he doesn't score this week, I'm going down with everyone else... Jeremiah Johnson
  6. Sorry, I don't know how to properly post this tweet... but the main point is there... WPG Blue Bombers ✔@Wpg_BlueBombers @TSN_Sports @680CJOB 2 things to note going forward: 1. New H2O policy allowing sealed, plastic bottles under 1 litre into stadium 2. THE CANNON IS BACK
  7. I was gonna say this stat is almost amazing... but, I think @Atomic summed it up better!
  8. So you already have #50 in mind?
  9. I agree with your point... but I'm gonna guess that is not accurate... when that wife-beating POS (I don't remember his name and don't care to) was arrested and subsequently released from Sask last off-season... the CFL basically banned him from re-entering the league... had Sask not released him, would the CFL be powerless to issue some kind of suspension?
  10. You're absolutely right... getting him was probably whole lot easier said than done... just seems to me that is where they went wrong... from what I've read, it "sounds" like there wasn't too much effort and it seems like Canada had just as much interest in keeping him there (for information acquisition purposes) as the US did anyways... and of course, it's a lot easier to make that determination in hindsight...
  11. doing a little more reading on this... it seems to me like the gov't really shot themselves in the foot by not getting him out of Gitmo asap.... had they done that, we would be a lot better off... morally and financially...
  12. Hate is a strong word ... I commented after game 1... and still feel this way... I really wish the team would dress Flanders and find a way to get him involved in the game... IMO, the kind of difference he would make to our offense greatly outweighs the minimal impact Lankford has on teams...
  13. This is an excellent post... while I had questions about his "refugee" status... you've since clarified your point which I also agree with... The facts (as I see them) are as such: 1. Khadr was a terrorist who fought on behalf of al Quadea (spelling??) 2. Was he forced into it by family? I seems that way. 3. Did he throw that grenade? Evidence seems inconclusive but I'm leaning towards no. 4. Was he tortured at Bagram? Evidence suggests he was not. 4. Was he tortured at Guantanimo? I think we all know what the purpose of that facility was/is (in other words, yes). So my main questions is what was the Canadian gov'ts failing in this case?... Are they just guilty of not getting him back to Canada?... In my opinion, the greatest injustice he served was torture at Gitmo... and would that not be under American jurisdiction?... So why would his lawsuit not be with the American gov't? Please let me know if I'm missing something here (I'm being sincere )
  14. I don't know why so many people think playing Leggett at HB is the answer to all our defensive problems... he has ONLY played safety and SAM in his time here and has excelled at both spots... would he be a good HB? maybe... but we have absolutely no evidence of that...
  15. So in this scenario you would be extremely frustrated, sure... but would you physically assault the cop? Obviously not... No excuse for Mr Hill... 10 games in the NHL (minimum suspension for "assaulting" a ref) is 12.2% of the season... 2 games in the CFL is 11.1%.... I think 2 games would have been the appropriate suspension... but I'd have no problem with 3 or 4... I don't know what the standard is in the other leagues... BTW, did you guys hear about the two pretzels that were walking down the street... one was a salted....
  16. If he is able to play any receiver spot at all this season with any success... that would be a major win... to suggest he should be starting after his first day of his first CFL practice... is a tad premature...
  17. So basically our top recruit for MLB over the last two years... isn't even a MLB...
  18. It's easier to accept human error...
  19. random fans trying to pass off complete speculation as fact is probably my favourite thing about fan forums
  20. It seems a lot of people are suggesting we replace our WIL LB with a MLB... I'd bet Jovan Santos-Knox (who looked pretty good in pre-season) will just get called up from the PR... I like Ian Wild... but perhaps we should have invested in Khalil Bass when we had a chance... #HindsightFTW
  21. I was mostly just bugging you... but my point is 2013 Muamba is definitely on the list, probably top-20... we basically have no idea what kind of player 2017 Muamba is... so it's premature to even have him "in consideration" right now... if he comes back from injury and plays like the all-star MLB he once was... then he's definitely back in the conversation...
  22. kettle, meet pot .... Muamba hasn't done anything in the CFL since 2013... that's not to say he won't ever find his form again... it's just these are "what have you done for me lately" type lists...
  23. That's not technically true... it isn't really an "open" competition b/c of ratio considerations... I'm not saying he's definitively better than Hurl, but it's incorrect to say Hurl "won" the starting position...
  24. Did you even read what @Sard said?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.