Everything posted by bearpants
-
Red zone
Not so sure about your math on this one...
-
Other Sports Forum
The funny thing is if there's 2 leagues/sports that I follow as closely as CFL and NHL... it's NFL and curling... I would definitely be down for more NFL and curling discussion...
-
Random Death Notice 2017
You don't recall the early STP albums where Weiland was basically doing his best Vedder impression??
-
Blue Jays
I think you're bang on here... Look at the core of this team - Bautista, Martin, Tulo, Donaldson - this team is at a win-now age and if they are not winning now, why keep the status quo... I think they have a great foundation in starting pitching with Sanchez and Stroman... and those two should be the only untouchables right now... I guess they could see how this season works out... but if it ends up being .500 ball and no playoffs, it's time for the rebuild...
-
Random Death Notice 2017
Don't forget about Scott Weiland...
-
Bomber forum
The annual airing of grievances is vital to our success as a community... or dare I day... family... *single tear*
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
I find the timing of the CJ Roberts release a little curious... he was our 3rd best corner last year (maybe 4th if you include Johnny Adams' minimal contributions)... so it wouldn't surprise me to see a guy like that not make the team... I'm just surprised he didn't make it, at least, to TC...
-
2017 NHL Playoffs
hmmm... yeah, I guess he might as well have not been there...
-
Around The NHL 2016/2017
Likely that at least one of those guys ends up in Vegas...
-
Random Death Notice 2017
I've been listening to Soundgarden, Audioslave, and Cornell solo stuff all day today... still in disbelief...
-
Bomber forum
This was a pretty funny read... it was basically a bunch of guys laughing about a joke... and one person being personally offended by it...
-
Random Death Notice 2017
To be fair... a lot, if not most, of people suffer in silence... he could seem happy and energetic one moment and distraught the next (this is of course hypothetical, I'm not claiming to know his personality)...
-
Bomber forum
wow, it looks so.... exactly the same...
-
The Most Important Passing Stat - 2nd Down Yardage?
Depends.... is it a structured system with excellent route running and YAC receivers where the QB gets almost unlimited time to throw and has reliable pass-catching RBs?... if so, than I certainly want Brady... if the system relies on some improv and doesn't have nearly as reliable weapons or O-line, I'd prefer Wilson.... Which actually furthers your point that stats can only tell a small part of the story...
-
Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
I like the appropriate punctuation in this tweet... Nichols is the #1 guy, no question about it... LeFevour and Davis are battling for #2... the new guys are battling for (likely) 1 PR spot... I heard one news outlet (I forget who, probably just a radio person reading the sports news) say the new QBs would be competing with Nichols, Davis and LeFevour for a spot on the team... and my reaction was, more like they're competing against each other for a spot on the PR...
-
Bomber forum
That guy was a true legend... I remember laughing so hard at his obviously fake TC reports... the best was to call him out on stuff and what his reaction... 1000 likes please... I was almost crying reading this Grampa Simpson story...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
Over-analyzing picks in hindsight is a losers game... sure Walters has had a few whiffs (Waggoner, Morgan and potentially Richards)... But I think Goossen, Chungh, Corney, Loffler and (potentially) Ekakitie more than make up for it... I guess we could always pine for the days of the "0-fer" Mack drafts... or the "who needs 1st round picks when we can have declining veterans" Taman drafts...
-
Random Death Notice 2017
BREAKING: I want to preface this news (I just heard it on the radio) by saying it is UNVERIFIED... but police in Detroit are investigating Cornell's death as a possible suicide... again, this is very preliminary and also not 100% verified...
-
Random Death Notice 2017
I couldn't agree more... this one hit hard... my jaw literally dropped when I heard about it an hour or so ago... what a fantastic talent... I was a huge fan of pretty much everything he did from Temple to Soundgarden to Audioslave and of course his solo stuff... will be very curious to find out the cause of death... This is still one of my favourite covers of all time... gives me chills every time I hear it...
-
Bombers Off-Season Transactions
Matt Nichols just announced on twitter that his wife is pregnant... is that an off-season transaction?
-
US Politics
don't hold your breath...
-
RethinkIng Paul Maurice....
Not really... he was picked up off waivers with the hope he might work out... he was never "the future"... and now he's getting married to (one of the girls from) Jenna Rae Cakes... so it all worked out for him in the end
-
Bomber forum
no, keep your shoes on... let's keep the stink level down...
-
Around The League Off Season Discussion
This CFL.ca guy seems to like him (this article is also 3 months old)... https://www.cfl.ca/2017/02/22/lauriers-boateng-gives-new-meaning-hard-work/ I have no idea if he is any good or not... but I would probably agree with you that he's a good value for the 5th round... If he sucks, no big deal, just release him... if he ends up being a good rotational player or even starter, that's a steal... even if he ends up being a decent special teamer for some years that's a pretty good pick...
-
2017 NHL Playoffs
I tend to agree... but then I think... if the jets were boring and in the final 4... I could live with boring hockey