Everything posted by bearpants
-
Lock of the Week
Ernest Jackson
-
Edmonton at Winnipeg June 15
I think what people tend to forget is he is a blogger... he voices his opinions and is trying to get clicks... I read his stuff just for a different opinion on the game but I also keep in mind his role and appreciate that he's no insider or analyst.... that being said, kinda sad that 1290 could get no better than a blogger to interview?
-
Penalties Galore
Did anyone see the penalty on 3rd down that extended the game?... I didn't see it live and they didn't show a replay... I always find it suspicious when there's no replay...
- Odds and Sods - X Game - Edmonton at Winnpeg
- Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
-
Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more
I only watched about an hour and a half of TC... but from what I saw Apodaca definitely had a rocket arm... but as we've discussed ad nauseum, it takes more than an arm to be a professional QB...
-
3 stars plus HH first preseason game edition
I disagree with your assessment of Nichols... but I definitely hope Davis passes him in the next few years... thanks for your input... one of the few people here who actually had eyes on the game!
-
Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more
I don't doubt your personal acumen... but unless you've actually been in the room with Walters and O'Shea, you have no idea if their "arguments" are actually head-butting or healthy debates... based on everything else we've heard, I would guess they are having healthy debates about every single player that comes through town... which is what I want from a GM and HC...
-
Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more
I ,too, always hoped Yantz would get a shot to make a CFL roster... but it's not like anyone else has signed him since his time here...
-
Bombers cut Apodaca, Frederick and 9 more
Are your legs ok?... I'm a little concerned about all these massive leaps you're taking...
-
Bombers TC Memories
Thanks for the great stories/memories @SpeedFlex27... also, I'm impressed with your staunch memory... I barely remember what I did Friday night...
-
Around the League - Training Camp Discussion
Dammit Tracker, I'm not supposed to be tearing up while reading the around the league thread... seriously though, my condolences and it sounds like you made peace with your past which is great to hear... It looked like about 3.5-4 yards when I paused the Russ Hobson video... but hey, it's pre-season for the refs too! I think some disagreement between the GM and HC is important... if they agreed on everything, all the time, I might question their mindset...
-
Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
straight up released?... bolded my three surprises (based on reports and history)... Apodaca - thought he'd stick around on the PR... though that is still an option... Lowder - I had heard he was having a decent camp... plus a TD in the game... Frederick - started half (ish) games at field side corner last year... I guess it was his spot to lose... and he did just that...
-
TSN TV & Media
the CFL website had a 1 min recap that featured a Matt Nichols quote on screen for about 10 sec of it... pretty pathetic from the league... this was a pretty nice recap/highlight package for a pre-season game.... thanks for posting...
-
3 stars plus HH first preseason game edition
Were you at the game? (I'm obviously just assuming you live in Regina)
-
Random News Items
I think everyone is shocked that celebrities gave their kids normal names...
-
PreSeason Game 1 vs Rider Depth Chart
no, no... save it for July 1...
-
Around the League - Training Camp Discussion
This is such a dumb argument... of course, every team would be better if they stayed perfectly healthy all season... but the reality is injuries are guaranteed to happen, so build some depth and fight through it... with the exception of losing your entire starting line-up, a really good team will continue to win even with injuries....
-
Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
interesting point... not that you were trying to start this debate... but what is the better sum of parts?.... 2 dominant* import DTs with Hurl (or Miles) at MLB or a better import MLB with the Canadian rotating in at DT... If the D-line can mitigate runners getting to the next level, it reduces the need for a major thumper at MLB... just some food for thought/conversation... *to be determined
-
US Politics
deleted... answered my own question!
-
Around the League - Training Camp Discussion
I'd have to agree... IMO 2013 Riders = 2007 Bombers... the only difference, of course, being the Rider didn't lose their starting QB and won the game... I feel kind of feel bad that I laughed at this... I've seen guys pull up lame in beer leagues... but c'mon, you're supposed to be a professional athlete... Have you met @SpeedFlex27?
- Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
-
Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
Point 1.... Denmark, this guy just keeps impressing... hard to imagine we released him last year... and so did Sask... Point 2... Derek Jones... looking like he might be the steal of the 2014 draft... not saying he's a super star, but any time you can get a productive player in the 4th round... that's a great pick...
- Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28
- Bombers Training Camp 2017 - May 28