Everything posted by bearpants
- Odds and Sods - Bombers at BC Lions
-
More CTE evidence
While I certainly recognize that CTE is real and brain damage is prominent in all major contact sports... the stat about 90% (for example) of examined brains having CTE is extremely skewed... the only brains they are examining are ones that are volunteered by athletes who had post career issues and are basically expecting to find something... the former players who go on to live normal lives with no symptoms are not the ones offering up their brains post-mortem... actually, I wrote all this up before reading the article, and they basically say the same thing in the article: "McKee cautions that the study has some limitations and doesn’t attempt to pinpoint a CTE rate. The brains studied were mostly donated by concerned families, which means they weren’t random and not necessarily representative of all men who have played football."
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
even bigger news.... Hugh O'Neill is still in then CFL?? and the ironic part is how woefully bad we were at kicker for so many years before Medlock (save for Lirim's rookie season)...
- SAKATCHEWAN @ CALGARY
-
Bombers @ Lions: Game Day Thread (07/21/17)
Re: the coaching staff... I'm still on board with Mike... I think he has the smarts and the balls to be a HC, and the players will always play for him... not so sure about the coordinators though...
-
3 stars + HH BC edition.
Impossible to not give Mike Miller a ton of credit on that play... I can't imagine trying to corral a bouncing football in a pressure-packed situation like that... agreed... I think I've said this after every single game this season... IMO having both Flanders and Harris in the line up would do wonders for our offense...
- Odds and Sods - Bombers at BC Lions
-
Odds and Sods - Bombers at BC Lions
this is exactly the way I feel... like we gave this one away... it was actually nearly identical to the sask game: slow start followed by a period of dominance, then falling apart in the 4th the give the game away... except sask is not good enough to take a game when it's given to them... BC is
- Odds and Sods - Bombers at BC Lions
-
Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC
Man, what a cheap shot that was from our safety... then Reinbold has the gull to say he has no idea why Rita was mad (sure he went a little over the top)... I wonder why Reinbold never made it far as a head coach?
-
Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC
Actually the Reinbold era was right around the time I was old enough to start following and understanding football (11-12ish years old)... the Bombers should thank their lucky stars my parents were Bomber fans... otherwise I'm not sure they would've kept me as a fan after that disastrous era...
-
Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC
I do remember that one too... but I'm pretty sure the guy running on the field was a playoff game... and we all know the Bombers were no where near the playoffs in the Reinbold era!
-
Manage the Cap (fantasy manager)
don't mean to nitpick too much... but Bond is currently our LG, while Chungh is the RG... otherwise, nice breakdown Also your safety, Stephens?... Is that supposed to be Courtney Stephen? If so, he is Canadian...
-
Regular Season - Bomber News, Developments & Speculation
Chungh rag-dolled a D-lineman on that very same play too... those 3 guys in the middle really bring the nasty... and I love it!
-
Lock of the Week 5
exactly and like I stated originally... since I am only at one strike, it isn't worth the risk of falling down to 3 strikes in one week...
-
Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC
This is awesome... are these shirts new?.... Nice work, Lions marketing speaking of a hammering... was that the game when a fan ran on the field and got beat down but a bunch of Lions players??
- MONTREAL @ OTTAWA
-
Looking Ahead: Winnipeg Vs BC
Impossible!! If his first game is bad... he's bad forever!
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
I hate to quote myself... but it seems apropos here...
- MONTREAL @ OTTAWA
-
Lock of the Week 5
Sure, but you're completely ignoring that if your pick scores none, you get two strikes
-
GDT: Toronto @ Winnipeg
I completely agree... the problem in this situation wasn't the penalty call... it was technically correct... the problem is that the league has decided that incidental conact in that situation should be a penalty...
-
Around the League - Regular Season Discussion (Redux)
Closing practice is no big deal, it's perfectly within the rules to do it, every teams does.... but what I find funny is Chris Jones is so arrogant he thinks that he devised a ST play so brilliant that there's no way any other team could possibly recognize it... "they figured out what we're doing, therefore there must be someone spying!!" His record as a HC in Sask indicates he hasn't been fooling too many people over the last two years... other than the Sask fans...
-
BC LIONS @ HAMILTON TIGER-CATS ?
I believe Eric Tillman is the GM
-
Lock of the Week 5
I really love the Ottawa idea for this week!... Great creativity for the contest.... but since I'm only at one strike... Jerome Messam