Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blueandgold

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Blueandgold

  1. First of all Daniel Bryan 2.0 can't be a free agent considering BC released him mid season. I'm happy Sandra got his walking papers, considering he was actually a downgrade from Palardy. Last and most importantly, its great to have Turner back into the fold considering he was easily the best on our D-line(sans Alex Hall of course).
  2. To this day there is still no excuse for Goltz not to have been doing QB sneaks.
  3. If Collaros is here, Hamilton would be the best bet for Willy. Maybe even BC.
  4. Probably someone along the lines of Sherman, Volny, Fitzgerald or Rene Stephan I'd wager. I'm not sure any of those guys are worth risking losing Kohlert.
  5. If Medlock's available, O'Shea better be interested. That guy is a beast. Yes he is available, he didn't even play football this season. actually, he's been to a number of teams but didn't stay longer as he expected He was in Oakland for like two days and that's it for 2013 IIRC.
  6. Actually, if that's the case, that's the perfect way to expose somebody, knowing what the situation is. By protecting him, they would have exposed someone else….maybe somebody they didn't know what the situation would be. If true, it's the smart thing to have done. I disagree, if someone wants to leave yes leave them unprotected. But, when you're extremely weak at Canadian talent its a pretty big risk to leave one of your best players open. It won't be as easy as getting him to sign the same contract he had agreed upon, its extremely plausible someone outbids us or drives up the price in free agency. The risk just wouldn't be worth the reward in protecting Kohlert over say Volny in round three IMO. I'm not sure why this is surprising. Walters made it obvious this was his plan. To be honest, it was the first I'd heard of Kohlert not wanting to stay here, and from the sounds of the WFP that was bs anyway. So if he didn't want to leave then why risk losing him? It was clear we protected Henoc so why not Kohlert? How can you say "they should have protected Kohlert over Volny" when you don't know the protected lists? Not to mention they already have how many FBs? It was an example, given our weak Canadian talent we barely have 12 players worth protecting. We would've been losing a player of around the caliber of Volny, and I'm not sure thats worth DECREASING our chances of re-signing Kohlert. I admit when I heard Kohlert called, I was a little "..." - but quickly got over it. If he was going to leave, he was going to leave regardless. Yes IF he was going to leave I would've left him unprotected, but if he had already agreed to re-sign we're risking either losing him or having to pay him more money come free agency.
  7. If Medlock's available, O'Shea better be interested. That guy is a beast. Yes he is available, he didn't even play football this season.
  8. Actually, if that's the case, that's the perfect way to expose somebody, knowing what the situation is. By protecting him, they would have exposed someone else….maybe somebody they didn't know what the situation would be. If true, it's the smart thing to have done. I disagree, if someone wants to leave yes leave them unprotected. But, when you're extremely weak at Canadian talent its a pretty big risk to leave one of your best players open. It won't be as easy as getting him to sign the same contract he had agreed upon, its extremely plausible someone outbids us or drives up the price in free agency. The risk just wouldn't be worth the reward in protecting Kohlert over say Volny in round three IMO.
  9. ^ If that's the case why risk waiting until free agency and losing him?
  10. I don't want him just for the fact he inflicted Boltus upon us. Oh, and I don't believe hes very good at his job.
  11. This brings me about a zero in terms of excitement. I was hoping this would be the year we finally got rid of Morely.
  12. Mack will always get credit from me for picking Muamba when almost everyone believed he should've went with Mitchell.
  13. He really didn't show much loyalty to the Bombers declaring his retirement prior to the draft eh... couldn't have just mentioned it to Walters so we didn't need to protect him and announce the retirement after the draft? Watch we wasted a pick protecting Labbe because we had to send in the list before he made his announcement. No way was Labbe among the first 6 guys we protected.
  14. Who do you see as our four starting O-Linemen? Do we have two defensive starters on the current roster? Aside from Henoc, I'm not sure we have any other starting Canadians on defense at the moment. I would think we need both of Watson & Etienne starting at this point.
  15. I'd be shocked at Kolhert coming back here at this point in time, but does he sign in Ottawa? Go back home to Sask? That one hurts.
  16. lol if you think Kohlert is our only decent NI receiver Right...there's....hmmmmm.... Cory Watson & Jade Etienne?
  17. WE DIDN'T PROTECT KOLHERT?! I don't care if he's a free agent that's horrible.
  18. I would hope(and think) Poblah and Swiston would both be protected come the 3rd round.
  19. I hope Ottawa takes Sandro from us.
  20. DeMarco is junk, I would've taken Tanner Marsh as my developmental QB IMO. Losing Miles kind of sucks, but I'm more concerned about what Canucks we lose. I'm hoping we keep all our receivers intact.
  21. After listening, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Swiston wasn't protected. My thought as well. I've been thinking they protected Henoc, Watson, Greaves, Neufeld, Pencer and Swiston but now suspect it may have been Kolhert instead of Swiston. Precisely what I was thinking as well.
  22. If true, it means they won't lose Rob Maver. Probably the best directional punter in the league. Ottawa could always pick Maver then try to sign Burris or trade for Tate(I Imagine Cal would want to keep Glenn).
  23. I'd protect Anderson over Miles and Griggs myself, I also wouldn't rush to protect Swiston but I guess with Kohlert and Etienne due to be free agents we can afford too.
  24. This is as big of a loss as you can get from losing a role player.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.