You know who I wish was on our team?

Mike

5 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Hall has always been a passive defensive coordinator. That's the #1 thing I remember about him in Saskatchewan is his prevent defence. 

You can sort of run that kind of D with a 4 man rush that crunches the pocket, regularly.   We just don't have that.

1 minute ago, do or die said:

You can sort of run that kind of D with a 4 man rush that crunches the pocket, regularly.   We just don't have that.

I'm not sure you can anymore...  look at Stubler, he also has a very good DL but they are not getting to the QB.  

Bend-don't-break Ds were already getting exposed ten years...  montreal and winnipeg started having multiple 1000 yard receivers because they dinked-dunked the **** out of teams and then broke them with the long ball...  now almost every team does that.

The Don Matthews breed of D is a result of a changing game... guys like Marshall, Hall, Stubler haven't changed with it

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

I'll stick with coaching, thanks. Collins would have travelled to the FA camp with his own money & then forked over another  $100 US for the opportunity. Do you really think he would go half ass then?? I highly doubt it.

I did say maybe, right?  Just presenting another angle to it; no need to get your back up.  Neither one of us has any clue how it went down.

And yes, I absolutely think a guy could travel to a camp to try out and not give it 100%.  You maybe underestimating the egos on some of these players.  He wouldn't have been the first guy to think they were going to come in and own the CFL.

41 minutes ago, BomberBall said:

I did say maybe, right?  Just presenting another angle to it; no need to get your back up.  Neither one of us has any clue how it went down.

And yes, I absolutely think a guy could travel to a camp to try out and not give it 100%.  You maybe underestimating the egos on some of these players.  He wouldn't have been the first guy to think they were going to come in and own the CFL.

No worries, my back is not up. Just my answer to what you said.

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

NFL cuts can't come soon enough but I'm glad they used dressier more appropriately. Adams doesn't quite seem to have the hands or break away speed to be a good wr. Would it be wrong to try him at dB? 

It may be my failing memory, but I cannot recall any NFL cut coming mid-season and making a big splash here in recent years.

3 hours ago, do or die said:

Thats the big one. Toronto who most recently did it best mixed in match zone and zone blitzs a lot too. You gotta have wrinkles. All of which our D lacks. If we didnt gap cancel to try and stop the run our front would get better pressure though.

3 hours ago, tracker said:

It may be my failing memory, but I cannot recall any NFL cut coming mid-season and making a big splash here in recent years.

Now that you mention it...

i remember in previous unsuccessful seasons (2005ish), the media would make a huge deal about nfl cut down days and talk about air mailing bodies in. Haven't really heard that brought up at all lately. Maybe because no one good ever comes mid season and they finally clued in..

15 hours ago, Jesse said:

Now that you mention it...

i remember in previous unsuccessful seasons (2005ish), the media would make a huge deal about nfl cut down days and talk about air mailing bodies in. Haven't really heard that brought up at all lately. Maybe because no one good ever comes mid season and they finally clued in..

Meanwhile in Ottawa...

http://ottawacitizen.com/sports/football/cfl/redblacks-execs-prepare-for-nfl-tour

Redblacks execs prepare for NFL tour

REGINA — Like monarch butterflies to Mexico, Canadian Football League scouts will soon start their annual migration to National Football League training camps.

They may be searching for immediate help to replace an injured starter or they may focus their attention on longer-term prospects for next season in the three-down league. Either way, they’re looking.

That includes the Ottawa Redblacks, with general manager Marcel Desjardins, assistant GM Brock Sunderland and a handful of others scheduled to visit varying numbers of the 32 NFL camps scattered around the United States beginning in late July.

“I think you are always looking because you never know what’s going to happen with your roster, whether it be guys that are free agents that may not come back. Maybe it’s injuries. Guys may not play to what they are (capable of),” Sunderland said in the lobby of a hotel where the Redblacks stayed before Friday night’s game against the host Saskatchewan Roughriders. “So you always want to have as much talent as you can at every position.”

6 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

Assistant GM Brock Sunderland's resume should be on Wade Miller's desk right now...

This is what seems to happen to us:

lets say we fire MOS. but we give Walters one more coaching hire, even though Sunderland seems to be a promising guy, available for promotion, our guy needs one more opportunity.

New coach also craps the bed, Walters fired, Miller on the look out for a new GM to turn the organization around. Unfortunately, while we were giving Walters one more year, Sunderland had been hired somewhere else and we're forced to conduct an exhaustive search which results in us promoting Danny Mac to GM.

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

lets say we fire MOS. but we give Walters one more coaching hire, even though Sunderland seems to be a promising guy, available for promotion, our guy needs one more opportunity.

New coach also craps the bed, Walters fired, Miller on the look out for a new GM to turn the organization around. Unfortunately, while we were giving Walters one more year, Sunderland had been hired somewhere else and we're forced to conduct an exhaustive search which results in us promoting Danny Mac to GM.

Then... we almost sign Brock Jensen who despite being offered more $$ signs with T.O. because of stability.  We then head into the 2018 season with Darian Durant as our newly acquired, aged and broken QB but don't worry Bryan Bennett is looking really good as our short yardage QB.

It will all be okay though because we've finally hired Doug Berry to run the show.  And his first call was Greg Marshall.  Well, actually his sixth call... but whatever.

Danny Mac scores a major coup and signs 31 year old Bakari Grant to lead the team.

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Yup. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.