Around The NHL 2016/2017

On 08/03/2016 at 1:35 AM, Goalie said:

Nobody will give up much of anything for Kane but if Buffalo wants to get rid of him... some team will trade a crap prospect or contract or 3rd round pick for him 

Vancouver will probably give up more than that.

Kane makes 2 much money, you gotta ask yourself, with expansion coming up, is he one of the players you'd want to protect? A lot of teams would probably say no... maybe 1 or 2 might protect him over some other player right now... but most certainly wouldn't. He's a problem child. He has issues, they are real legit issues, these issues seem to follow him wherever he goes. I highly doubt that he gets much back at all if he's traded. He's really not worth that much at all, he's a headache, for a guy who is overpaid and has a couple years left on his deal and is a massive problem off the ice, yeah, i don't see it. 

He seems to have issues with women.  And as a young rich superstar, that has to be concerning for any management.  Its the type of thing that can keep happening over and over again.  At his salary, under-performing, it wouldnt surprise if no teams wanted him.  it also wouldnt surprise me if a few teams were willing to try.  Sometimes, teams think they can fix a problem.

CpmNhI-WgAAKkB0.jpg

This really does set the Avs back this season to lose their head coach in August.  Training camp opens in a month.  That new coach will have little to no time to assess his players and to prepare for an NHL season. 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

CpmNhI-WgAAKkB0.jpg

This really does set the Avs back this season to lose their head coach in August.  Training camp opens in a month.  That new coach will have little to no time to assess his players and to prepare for an NHL season. 

New coaches usually mean better results so its not a loss.

There aren't many HC positions available in the NHL & I don't think Roy really appreciated what he had. He may have deep sixed his coaching career by doing what he did. The guy has a reputation of being a self centred, selfish, quick to anger guy who is difficult to work with. He is a Hall of Famer as a player but he's not playing anymore. He'd bring that coaching reputation with him wherever he goes.

Edited by iso_55