Post Game Show

B-F-F-C

I listened to it, coming back on the bus.....

A lot of focus on the last 10 minutes, in terms of encouraging signs, and "something to build on"  Which makes sense, as the other 50 minutes of it was a crap show.

MOS stated that the 4th quarter saved us from "total embarrasment"  I trust this is not the target or standard, going forward

Bob and Doug talked about the O "needing time to gell" with Lapo.   Not what we had heard in camp, X-games or the runup to this game.

11 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Judge for yourself, there is no indication O'Shea was happy with the effort.  I think he presented an edge not shown before.

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/06/25/post-game-coach-oshea-17/

He better have been mad.  I don't care if it's game 1 or 18. There was no excuse for a performance like that against a team like the Als.   

10 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

Judge for yourself, there is no indication O'Shea was happy with the effort.  I think he presented an edge not shown before.

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/06/25/post-game-coach-oshea-17/

A tiny edge. If we're simply satisfied with thinking we can come out and start the offence without a concerted effort to run plays down the other team's throat and continue with this laisez-faire, what will-be-will-be-offence, we'll start slow again. 

Yes, Willy will see film and admit the mistakes but will he, can he, translate that onto the field in games? I'm beginning to think not. We simply can't be a team that ho hums our way offensively. We have to think about playing to get the lead. 

The problem is that the personnel seems to be there this year...  with the exception of Willy.  There's no one left to blame.

All-star LT, all-star RB, all-star REC, starting CDN RT, very solid CDN REC...

If this is the third year of 'working on our effort' that's on OShea.

There are good pieces on their team.  But our offences continues 2 and out after the oc/play calling was replaced, the receivers have been upgraded and an all star running back has been added.   The online has been upgraded.   

What at I saw last night was a Qb with happy feet locking onto receivers and kept locked on till he was caught in the backfield. The throws he made last night were over throws or bad reads.

no excuses anymore.  Willy better improve drastically in the coming weeks or he should ride the pine and give Nichols the ball.   If we had a kicker last year we would have won 4 more games.  

I thought the defense, especially Randle but there were others, played a very good game. I think if the offense plays as well as the defense we win that game.

When asked if he was surprised at how much the offense struggled he said all 3 phases struggled and that if the defense had gotten Willy more touches early, like he had late in the game, that the offense would have done better. I didn't think that was fair. The D got the offense plenty of touches they just didn't do anything with them.

When asked about the defence O'Shea said this:

"We gotta get off the field and give the offence more opportunities." - Coach O'Shea

I beg to differ Mr O'Shea.

We have to stay on the field longer on offence, to give the offence more opportunities....and give the defence their much deserved rest.

No one is under-estimating Montreal...  Glenn is a great QB but our DL was supposed to throw him off his game - they didn't.

Offence was supposed to be competitive.  Coaches should be able to manage a game.

Sick of play calls that totally rely on YAC, sick of soft zone, sick of crappy clock management.

16 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

When asked about the defence O'Shea said this:

"We gotta get off the field and give the offence more opportunities." - Coach O'Shea

I beg to differ Mr O'Shea.

We have to stay on the field longer on offence, to give the offence more opportunities....and give the defence their much deserved rest.

22 points allowed, 7 of which were because of the awful Willy interception IIRC and two because we decided to concede a safety. Our D was the only reason this game wasn't an utter and complete blow out...

Our D was the only reason this game wasn't an utter and complete blow out...

I agree, our D was far from the reason we lost this game

Glenn is a great QB but our DL was supposed to throw him off his game - they didn't.

I'm going to give Glenn all the credit in the world on this one. We had tons of pressure on Glenn, but somehow, he got the ball away. He even took, maybe a half dozen solid hits after the ball was gone...but he kept playing on. We've all seen Glenn play poorly...this was Glenn at his best.

Just wondering if the bend-don't-break Ds still have a place in this league...  Stubler's D got beat up pretty bad too.

Thorpe, Nelson, Jones, Steinhauer...  these are all hyper aggressive systems...

Maybe its time to give Chamblin a call, his ego should be in check by now...

21 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Just wondering if the bend-don't-break Ds still have a place in this league...  Stubler's D got beat up pretty bad too.

Thorpe, Nelson, Jones, Steinhauer...  these are all hyper aggressive systems...

Maybe its time to give Chamblin a call, his ego should be in check by now...

No way they replace the D-Coordinator after game 1....

Before every game against Kevin Glenn, it's the same conversation. They've been trying to get pressure on him ever since Mike Kelly released him. Back in '07, when the O began lose some of their edge, it wasn't because of pressure. It was because teams were taking away some of his underneath options and forcing him to throw downfield more. Once that was established, the pressure became more effective. 

That being said - if S.J. Greene stays healthy I think Glenn will have a fine season chucking the pigskin. 

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

No way they replace the D-Coordinator after game 1....

I just mean a call to say hi... maybe ask what he's up to around, say, mid-August

The Osh era is all about hiring mediocre Assistants and then expecting them to be better...

Richie Hall, MB, Etch, Lapo...  coaches have certain styles, you can change the playbook but you can't change 'tendencies'

Just saying that Chamblin's play calling would really fit this lineup

Everybody knows that you have to come up strong underneath and make Glenn hold the ball in the pocket, and take his reads farther down the field - this also sets up your blitzes.

Coverage was too soft in the short zones, letting KG do the ole pitch and catch in rhythm.... and even when he looked down the field, our shinny new DL failed to crunch the pocket.   30 completions....major, major fail.     Montreal was able to run their game plan to perfection......