Game Day Thread: vs Montreal Alouettes -- Friday, June 24th

Noeller

24 minutes ago, White Out said:

It's a perfectly legitimate point. Montreal is likely the worst team in the league this season, only better than SSK if Durant gets knocked out. This is a "show me" season if there ever was one for Walters and MOS. A home loss to start the season with our schedule tightening up like it does is a terrible way to start.

I think it was brought up on riderfans by mike or IMWT but they nailed it when it came to montreal,  a good starting 24, but a hot mess for depth.  as long as they stay relatively healthy,  I dont think theres a chance in hell they are worse then the riders.  the riders have a couple good players but i think over all they are still lacking in both starters and depth, and it wouldnt be a stretch to think DD's time in sask is coming to an end. 

Montreal has a better roster over all, Sask has a better head coach. So it comes down to a coach getting his players to play beyond their abilities (Sask), or players to show well despite a poor head coach (Montreal).

I expect Montreal to do better than Sask because you can't draw water from a stone. Sask got weaker during free agency, not stronger. I wouldn't be surprised to see Montreal finish second or third in the east, I'd be shocked if Sask is anywhere higher than the bottom in the west. 

12 minutes ago, johnzo said:

yeah, and no knock on Durant's football intelligence, which I have no ability to evaluate, but for me what made the guy special was his athleticism and especially his escapability.  Not a lot of QBs around who can shrug off DTs like he did in his prime. It'll be interesting to see if he still has that and if he doesn't, whether he can adapt his game.

Gotta agree, never seen a QB with a more solid "stance" than him. The issue I see is he wasn't exactly lighting the league up after Dressler left for the NFL and he injured his elbow 2 years ago.

9 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I think it was brought up on riderfans by mike or IMWT but they nailed it when it came to montreal,  a good starting 24, but a hot mess for depth.  as long as they stay relatively healthy,  I dont think theres a chance in hell they are worse then the riders.  the riders have a couple good players but i think over all they are still lacking in both starters and depth, and it wouldnt be a stretch to think DD's time in sask is coming to an end. 

Montreal is also the oldest team in the league... staying healthy with no depth might be a lot to ask.

As a healthy Durant goes..so does a healthy Glenn. Both teams are QB reliant. However, Montreal has the better backups. All 4,5, or 6 of them. 

Having looked at both rosters and potential, I'd pick Montreal all day and night. Nobody knows Sask.'s depth. Montreal has a better lineup up and in.

2 hours ago, White Out said:

Yes, if Durant gets hurt. But a healthy Durant and Riders aren't as terrible as the Als. Lets not pretend that last year the Riders were on a 3rd string QB most of the year.

They were a hot mess no matter who was at QB. No way they finish ahead of Montreal, despite the Popp factor.