Final Cuts

Jpan85

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Really? ALL the other WR's in camp, including the other ones cut, showed you more than Veltung? Ill give you McDuffie and maybe Sheppard but the other guys did nothing in my mind to unseat Veltung, especially with him already spending a year with the team. I guess the coaches saw something or maybe they just wanted more height or to save some money?

Williams scored a sweet TD on a nice throwback pass against Montreal and he got cut.  Veltung did less.

I liked the calls at receiver. McDuffie looks like a CFL playmaker and Sheppard and Mayo both showed they could deliver, at least in the pre-season. 

Gotta say I'm surprised at the patience with Jace Davis tho.

http://www.bluebombers.com/roster/

Active roster is updated, and so is the P/R.  I count 23 new names on the active roster that weren't here last year (unless they were on the P/R and I just forgot they were here last year).  Quite a turnover.  Any idea who Kris Adams is?  I don't recall seeing him play at all in the pre-season.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

also interesting that all 4 QB's made the team.  I thought one of Bennett or Davis was going to get the chop, and I wouldn't know which one it should be, though I did like what I saw from Bennett.  Good scrambling ability.  Reminded me of a young Buck Pierce.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

2 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I'm glad they kept Castillo around instead of releasing him outright. He could be a valuable trade chip or insurance if medlock gets hurt. 

as long as there is room for him on the roster...I guess...always good to have insurance, just ask every team that Kevin Glenn has played for in the past eight years.

Montreal cuts:

Released: QB Tajh Boyd, QB Drew Burko, WR Mikhail Davidson, WR Mike Davis, DE Jordan Dewalt, CB Dominique Ellis, OL Forrestal Hickman, DT Mitchell Jeter, DB C.J. Moore, DB Hayden Peters, FB Mackenzie Sarro, LB Nick Temple, OL Matthew Toppan, QB Jimmy Underdahl

Practice Roster: RB Martese Jackson, OL Sean Jamieson, WR Chandler Jones, OL Nate Isles, LB Jared Koster, WR Corbin Louks, RB Cam McDaniel, DB Jonathon Mincy, DB Ramon Taylor, DB Dominique Termansen

Players added to the six-game injured list: C Luc Brodeur-Jourdain, WR Alex Charrette, QB Jonathan Crompton, DB Andrew Lue, RB Wayne Moore.

7 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Active roster is updated, and so is the P/R.  I count 23 new names on the active roster that weren't here last year (unless they were on the P/R and I just forgot they were here last year).  Quite a turnover.  Any idea who Kris Adams is?  I don't recall seeing him play at all in the pre-season.

Adams got hurt early in camp (maybe in rookie camp?) and was released.   They kept him around until he was good to go again. I know they like his size (6'3, 205) but I don't recall if played in either game either.

3 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

I'm glad they kept Castillo around instead of releasing him outright. He could be a valuable trade chip or insurance if medlock gets hurt. 

I don't know, it seems like overkill to keep a backup for Medlock on the roster, especially since Castillo is an import.  Not only do they have 2 import kickers on the roster, neither is known as an elite punter.

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Mediocracy...meet thy new participants...

Carlos Anderson could not match what Tim Flanders brought to TC this year. And that's a good thing.              Dieke, was in tough and just didn't show enough.                                                                                                 Jace Daniels - we all wanted him to be the answer at import O-line guy. He wasn't.                                             Bucknor? - really, it was only a matter of time.                                                                                                        Veltung - not a surprise to me. He was easily surpassed by a number of receivers, two of whom were cut along with him...Talley and Williams (but I will remember that fine TD catch from Bennett)                                                  Green was only a mild surprise.

Added to the PR - 

M. Foketi, T. Mayo, P. Scott, L. Richardson, Cronk, Roberts, Hubbard, Sheppard and Flanders.

The Bombers aren't ready to say goodbye to Richardson and Cronk (they still may be needed) Mayo, Hubbard, Sheppard and especially Flanders played their way on to the team. CJ Roberts was intriguing for me. He looked like he was capable or could have been ishful thinking. Don't know enough about Foketi (other than they like him) or Scott, but - welcome to the team one and all.

Is this a haiku? ;)

25 minutes ago, Blueandgold said:

Veltung is no surprise, Jace Daniels on the other hand I'm shocked about. I thought he was pretty solid at right tackle. Who are we slotting into his sport at LG?

Hardrick was at LG in practice today.

19 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Yah, not sure how Kris Adams makes the club when he never made it out of the tub.  Also who the hell is Sam Scott penciled in for DL?

23 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I don't know, it seems like overkill to keep a backup for Medlock on the roster, especially since Castillo is an import.  Not only do they have 2 import kickers on the roster, neither is known as an elite punter.

I'm sure he'll be hidden on either the one or six game injured list. 

1 hour ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Do we know why Sergio didn't get cut?

the site currently has him listed as just a punter. I imagine they are going to keep him for insurance / punting till some one gets desperate to pay for him.

Cant wait to see how the depth chart shapes up. 

Montreal cutting boyd. Im surprised with his talent and resume he is just gone. with how fast we got rid of him i wonder if he has a bad attitude. 

39 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

also interesting that all 4 QB's made the team.  I thought one of Bennett or Davis was going to get the chop, and I wouldn't know which one it should be, though I did like what I saw from Bennett.  Good scrambling ability.  Reminded me of a young Buck Pierce.

They said in camp a couple times they would keep an extra QB. Last year given how far down the depth chart ended up starting its only smart imop. 

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

the site currently has him listed as just a punter. I imagine they are going to keep him for insurance / punting till some one gets desperate to pay for him.

Cant wait to see how the depth chart shapes up. 

Montreal cutting boyd. Im surprised with his talent and resume he is just gone. with how fast we got rid of him i wonder if he has a bad attitude. 

I can't recall Castillo ever punting, when they brought him in last year it was to take over FG's.

3 minutes ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

I can't recall Castillo ever punting, when they brought him in last year it was to take over FG's.

punted twice in the last preseason game. and some in TC.  he also punted against TO last year. 8 times for 43.5 yard average. 

Edited by wbbfan