Lions cut Elliot

northof60

You don't want Sask's 3rd string castoff and the rest of us don't want BC's 3rd string castoff.

I want the guy who led the offense to improvements last season and won some games. In case you haven't noticed the offense has been abysmal this season and we haven't won games. 

Hee hee - what short memories we all have.  The offense was abysmal last season too.  By your logic we should be starting Buck right now, because he won as many games as Elliott and would have had similar offensive outputs if he had been able to play in that home game where we shredded the Ti-Cats D and Elliott won player of the week.  We could have started Kenny Ploen in that game at QB with Dieter Brock backing him up and won that game.

but you remember all the talk in the offseason about how Crowtons offense came into it's own and the numbers backed that up and all that stuff? That's not lies, there were several games where Elliott did move the offense until the red zone when some interceptions cropped up, that's something no one else has been able to accomplish in this offense, stringing drives together. Yeah there weren't a lot of wins, but the offense did improve with the guy. He was the best we had last year and he'd be the best we had this year were he still on the roster. 

I now have to trust what BC has done as the final say in the Elliott logs.

But...Elliott won games for us and was exciting. Oh well...

I looked back at 2012.  Elliott won 2 games for us.  2 games.  One over Hamilton and one over Montreal.  Buck won 2 games (Hamilton/Toronto), Goltz won the last home game against Montreal and Brink won that fluky game over Edmonton.  I honestly think the legend of Elliott as this "game winner" for us has been largely over-blown.  And in terms of excitement, that excitement he provided in the LDC and the away game against Calgary last year had me bent over a toilet puking, and it wasn't because of how drunk I was (though that helped).

I don't care what anyone says, a shitty defensive stand in the final 30 seconds vs. BC and an awful coaching decision vs. Saskatchewan cost Joey Elliott two wins. He did enough to win those football games. Did he win? No, but he had the lead with less than a minute to go in both of those games and even that is a lot more than anyone on our roster can say currently.

I looked back at 2012.  Elliott won 2 games for us.  2 games.  One over Hamilton and one over Montreal.  Buck won 2 games (Hamilton/Toronto), Goltz won the last home game against Montreal and Brink won that fluky game over Edmonton.  I honestly think the legend of Elliott as this "game winner" for us has been largely over-blown.  And in terms of excitement, that excitement he provided in the LDC and the away game against Calgary last year had me bent over a toilet puking, and it wasn't because of how drunk I was (though that helped).

I don't care what anyone says, a shitty defensive stand in the final 30 seconds vs. BC and an awful coaching decision vs. Saskatchewan cost Joey Elliott two wins. He did enough to win those football games. Did he win? No, but he had the lead with less than a minute to go in both of those games and even that is a lot more than anyone on our roster can say currently.

340 yards of offense & 20 points allowed. Our defense was the reason we were still in the BC game at the end. Elliott shouldn't get the "almost" win for having a below average game with more int's that td's and below 50% passing.

The BC game also preceded the awful 52-0 drubbing where he went 9/19 for 61 yards and then the week after the Banjo Bowl he went 6/14 for 55 yards. I think if you bring up two games that happened in a 4 week span, it's only fair you bring up what happened the other two games.

Yup, let's waste reps on a guy with no upside, great idea.

http://www.bluebombers.com/roster/show/id/3653

If "He's not Buck Pierce" is the best reason you can give to signing a guy, that's pretty weak.

No I gave my reason way further back, he's better than everything else we have on the roster. 

Elliott and Dinwiddie as our two QB's - with Stoddard in the slot.  17's dream team!!