Lions cut Elliot

northof60

Yup, let's waste reps on a guy with no upside, great idea.

http://www.bluebombers.com/roster/show/id/3653

If "He's not Buck Pierce" is the best reason you can give to signing a guy, that's pretty weak.

No I gave my reason way further back, he's better than everything else we have on the roster. 

How do you know that Brown or Boltus aren't the answer ?

Pretty sure we also have Adonis (Goltz) starting right now, and what about Hall ?

I'll be honest, I'm a bit worried about Hall's arm strength, but he looks like a pro, which I'd take over Elliott's over estimation of himself, any day of the week.

How do you know that Brown or Boltus aren't the answer ?

They've certainly never done anything in the CFL to prove they could start and win games, at least Elliott has done that. More importantly he's done that with the roster and coaches that were/are in winnipeg this season. That is not something to be lightly dismissed. You could argue that Elliott getting the offense to move at times last season saved Crowtons job for a while longer. 

Elliott is the ****... If he's so bad then what does that make Pierce since he was cut years ago by Buono.

Also just cuz a guy was cut it doesn't mean he's necessarily awful. Ricky ray was dumped by a team that is now 1-8 ...GMs don't always make the right move.

I'd way rather have Elliott then any of our current guys.

So why isn't Elliott starting anywhere then ?

Winnipeg had no use for him and now BC has no use for him.

Elliott had more wins and more pow then anyone we have now. He also could throw more then 300 yards ints and not.

Actually Buck has more POW awards with the Bombers than Elliott did.

Elliott had more wins and more pow then anyone we have now. He also could throw more then 300 yards ints and not.

Elliott had one more win last year than Goltz and the same number as Buck.  Not sure why you guys love him so much. Especially when actual facts are introduced. 

Elliott had one more win last year than Goltz and the same number as Buck.  Not sure why you guys love him so much. Especially when actual facts are introduced. 

Because last year Elliott had 5 games with 240 or more yards passing... and 2 player of the week awards...... 

This year Goltz has yet to throw for over 200 yards!!!

In the last 2 years? 

around and around this conversation goes and yet no one refuses to understand that hes been cut from two teams and been called out for being uncoachable and refusing to listen..

sounds like he isn't a team guy or that hes willing to listen to coaches to improve himself or to work with the offense..

why again does he have such a fan boy club? sometimes throwing a pass into coverage works out for ya... other times it ends yup with repeated back breaking ints..

In the last 2 years? 

Two in 2011 and 1 in 2010.

Cleo Lemon started 25 games in the CFL and won 11.  IMO he should be signed and start over Elliott.

Because last year Elliott had 5 games with 240 or more yards passing... and 2 player of the week awards...... 

Funny that the arbitrary number you chose was 240. Let's break it down then:

Those 5 games:

HAM: 33-43, 406 yds, 1 TD, 0 int

BC: 20-42, 256 yds, 0 TD, 1 int

SSK: 19-33, 241 yds, 0 TD, 0 int

MTL: 17-25, 335 yds, 3 TD, 0 int

CGY: 22-33, 284 yds, 0 TD, 4 int

If those other three non-POW games are your idea of a good game, I don't know what to tell you. So he's a guy who can rack up great stats against laughably terrible defences. He also had 134 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD all year. And in his 10 appearances in 2012, he threw for zero touchdowns 7 times. His TD-INT ratio was 5-12. That's MARGINALLY better than Pierce has been in 2013 (he's at 2:6 right now). He was 0-7 against teams not named Hamilton and Montreal. 

I try to be neutral when I look at stats and draw my conclusions based on the numbers I see. I never hated Elliott, I never really liked him. I've always been sort of meh. But wow, outside of his two great games, his stats are just awful. And two great games is only one more than Troy Kopp and Ryan Dinwiddie had.

Elliott had one more win last year than Goltz and the same number as Buck. Not sure why you guys love him so much. Especially when actual facts are introduced.

Funny that the arbitrary number you chose was 240. Let's break it down then:

Those 5 games:

HAM: 33-43, 406 yds, 1 TD, 0 int

BC: 20-42, 256 yds, 0 TD, 1 int

SSK: 19-33, 241 yds, 0 TD, 0 int

MTL: 17-25, 335 yds, 3 TD, 0 int

CGY: 22-33, 284 yds, 0 TD, 4 int

If those other three non-POW games are your idea of a good game, I don't know what to tell you. So he's a guy who can rack up great stats against laughably terrible defences. He also had 134 rushing yards and 1 rushing TD all year. And in his 10 appearances in 2012, he threw for zero touchdowns 7 times. His TD-INT ratio was 5-12. That's MARGINALLY better than Pierce has been in 2013 (he's at 2:6 right now). He was 0-7 against teams not named Hamilton and Montreal.

I try to be neutral when I look at stats and draw my conclusions based on the numbers I see. I never hated Elliott, I never really liked him. I've always been sort of meh. But wow, outside of his two great games, his stats are just awful. And two great games is only one more than Troy Kopp and Ryan Dinwiddie had.

thank you for doing this... i did recall outside of his pow games, he was either average or bad... i didnt realize just how bad mind you but knew the elliot fan club really have been deluding themselves..

So he's a guy who can rack up great stats against laughably terrible defences.

which is STILL better than what we have right now. The guys we got now put up terrible stats against crappy defenses too. 

Goltz hasn't even had the chance to play against a really bad defence yet.

which is STILL better than what we have right now. The guys we got now put up terrible stats against crappy defenses too. 

Goltz hasn't even had the chance to play against a really bad defence yet.

I think I can draw more 'positive' out of the Goltz loss in BC than I can Elliott beating up a sad sack Hamilton defense.

If your argument to bring him in is that he's better than three Goltz starts, and one Hall start, I don't have an argument to that. I don't agree, but that's definitely a defensible point of view to have. I just think that that we've seen enough of Elliott to conclude that he isn't good. And I think the guys we bring in should at least be 'potentially good', not 'at best, arguably better than what's already here'.