Lions cut Elliot

northof60

Probably not a great development when you're receiver thinks so little of you he insults you on twitter.  Would love to know what Joey's issues are...

Maybe Arceneaux meant to say that about the original tweeter?  Tank Tursel?  I really give little heed to what is posted by athletes and celebrities on Twitter.

Elliott has 6 more CFL starts than Goltz does. If Goltz is given 6 more games and hasn't progressed further than what Elliott showed us he should be gone too.

To this point I think he's shown enough that he should keep getting the starts.

Oy.  Elliott showed ability to move the football through the air, and a penchant for turnovers.  Goltz has showed an ability to be able to win games with his legs, but is a terrible passer. 

Neither guy is the answer on his own, but Elliott as starter with Goltz coming in the red zone would be a decent hybrid attack.  Too bad neither would be terribly interested in being options 1A and 1B.

orrrrrrrrr and call me crazy here, this is being blown out of proportion and is just a guy ribbing someone that he used to play with? I dunno what's going on but my theory seems far more likely than a guy going out and trashing an ex team mate publicly like that.

till the death eh 17? at least we know that if your ever a captain of a ship and she sinks, you would go down with her. :)

orrrrrrrrr and call me crazy here, this is being blown out of proportion and is just a guy ribbing someone that he used to play with? I dunno what's going on but my theory seems far more likely than a guy going out and trashing an ex team mate publicly like that.

till the death eh 17? at least we know that if your ever a captain of a ship and she sinks, you would go down with her. :)

You going to argue with anything I've said or just try and poke away at people? Which is more logical? That Arceneaux is a ****** of epic proportions who is taking to twitter to slag an ex team mate over a comment that said nothing more than "Wow." (which is probably what every one of us said when we saw the trade) or that it's more good natured than anything. 

It's not that I'm defending Elliott to the death, it's that I'm arguing against the over reactions and piling on that goes on here far too often. Pay attention and you might see exactly what sorts of things I will argue. 

Elliott has 6 more CFL starts than Goltz does. If Goltz is given 6 more games and hasn't progressed further than what Elliott showed us he should be gone too.

To this point I think he's shown enough that he should keep getting the starts.

Oy.  Elliott showed ability to move the football through the air, and a penchant for turnovers.  Goltz has showed an ability to be able to win games with his legs, but is a terrible passer. 

Neither guy is the answer on his own, but Elliott as starter with Goltz coming in the red zone would be a decent hybrid attack.  Too bad neither would be terribly interested in being options 1A and 1B.

I was actually thinking somethign similar last year... Elliot until you are in the red zone and then sub in Brink (who actually performed admirably in the red zone surprisingly enough)

You going to argue with anything I've said or just try and poke away at people? Which is more logical? That Arceneaux is a ****** of epic proportions who is taking to twitter to slag an ex team mate over a comment that said nothing more than "Wow." (which is probably what every one of us said when we saw the trade) or that it's more good natured than anything. 

It's not that I'm defending Elliott to the death, it's that I'm arguing against the over reactions and piling on that goes on here far too often. Pay attention and you might see exactly what sorts of things I will argue. 

Iunno... calling someone a clown doesn't feel like good natured ribbing to me....

Iunno... calling someone a clown doesn't feel like good natured ribbing to me....

you should hear the things my friends and I call each other, makes clown look like nothing

you should hear the things my friend and I call each other, makes clown look like nothing

FYP - we all know your only friend is Noeller. ;)

Or maybe you're "hanging off Elliott's nuts", to use your term

you should hear the things my friend and I call each other, makes clown look like nothing

FYP - we all know your only friend is Noeller. ;)

Yeah, and that guy is a few pancakes short of a stack as it is

So, if a co worker got fired would you go on his twitter account & start trashing him because he's gone & you just want to have some fun? I think it goes a little deeper than that. Having said that, totally classless tweet by Arceneaux. if he is kicking Elliott to the curb when he's down then I hope someone does the same thing to him when he's out of the game.