New Mosaic Stadium Coming Along

iso_55

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Is the field at grade as opposed to below ground like at IGF?  Seems very high.  And will they be enclosing the other end zone with seats?  If not, it seems rather odd...

Not for the original build but it will be expandable down the road if they want to increase capacity.

The seats between the goal lines get the highest prices, so if they can fill more of their current attendance in that area, they make more money.

If the build went according to plan, the field is sunk into the ground deeper than IGF.  Access is at ground level, instead of the stairs and ramps at IGF.

It is a complete bowl configuration, the end zone that can't be seen from the construction cam contains seating. Also a tiered party deck...which will be a popular spot no doubt....and something IGF could desperately use in the vicinity of the Rum Hut. 

11.jpg

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

It looks really nice. Good for the Riders and the CFL, that's for sure!

I agree with the spirit of that statement and have no problems with our western neighbours also having nice things,

BUT

My tolerance for their goatlike blowhard braying is very limited, and they have not demonstrated the ability to control it.  Unfortunately, this is almost certain to make me finally launch the nukes at them.

25 minutes ago, iso_55 said:

The way the roof or canopy looks, it seems a lot of seats in the lower deck will be exposed to the elements. In one end zone there's a gap so I don't understand how that is going to minimize the wind. I think it'll be swirling.

They may have to use some plumbing tape to fix the big gap in their toilet bowl ;)

Edited by IC Khari

10 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

It looks like if you are in the upper deck you are really far from the field unlike IGF where being in the front row like I am you really close to field.

Yeah, in general all of our seats look much closer to the field. Look at the back seats in the lower bowl even.

Hard to tell without sitting in them though.

18 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

It looks like if you are in the upper deck you are really far from the field unlike IGF where being in the front row like I am you really close to field.

I love IGF for that. I like feeling close to the field and action. There is a cost, of course, with steeper stairs, but I think it's worth it.