Random News Items

Rich

There will be a critical mass eventually where its assumed people are carrying and someone will reach into their pocket and get blown away only to realize they werent carrying.  Perhaps enough instances like that will have people reconsider the insanity of arming everyone.

I was at the Minnesota State Fair a couple years ago and while walking through some clothing kiosks we all found it amusing that so many items had inside pockets specifically designed for concealing firearms.

well this was bound to happen sooner or later. I kind of want to see CBC air the first game back but that won't happen, because Sportsnet hold all the Canadian baseball rights

man no one wants to play in Oakland

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/montreal-baseball-investors-have-met-mlb-conditions-source-1.3346322#_gus&_gucid=&_gup=twitter&_gsc=KvfIHtU

Edited by iHeart

http://www.macleans.ca/news/heckler-calls-trudeau-a-scumbag-at-winnipeg-news-conference/

Earlier in the day, Trudeau held a news conference in Winnipeg that was interrupted by a protester who called the prime minister a scumbag.

The man carried a camcorder as he heckled Trudeau about the carbon tax while the prime minister answered other questions.

Staff from the Prime Minister’s Office said the man gained entry to the event claiming to be a member of the “world alternative media” and security eventually led him out of the room without incident.

“Shame on you and your globalist counterparts,” the man said. “You’re scumbags. You are an absolute scumbag.”

is world alternative media a real thing? Do they not vet everyone more closely especially those who have relatively close access to our PM? 

14 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

It's bad if you are some one who combines services but im not certain if leaving bell cell for telus cell is bad.

I used to be with Telus and their cell-service was absolutely horrific.  If you left the city, forget about it.... you're not getting reception.  Not sure if that has changed in recent years.

15 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

It's bad if you are some one who combines services but im not certain if leaving bell cell for telus cell is bad.

If you like good service across the province it is although I thought I heard Telus would get access to MTS towers as well. Telus does not have a wide network here. 

Do you remember this one?

Its a weird headline because of course the FLOOD did not dump snow.  But we got a huge spring blizzard in early April.  I was working the over night shift at Grace Hsp so while we heard the news we really had no idea how much snow was coming down because grace is set so far back and the drive ups were cleared regularly.

I drove home in a 1990 Cavalier (great car).  But while on Pembina, could not get onto Chancellor Dr due to snow.  I parked in a parking lot (maybe the Canad Inns on Pembina) and walked home.

Modern snow clearing had the city cleaned up pretty quick (versus '86 and the one in the 50's).  But a month later, the Flood came...

Edited by The Unknown Poster

On 4/4/2017 at 6:43 AM, iHeart said:

anyone surprised?

You would not be completely surprised if you read Peter King's MMQB on a regular basis... he reported over a week ago that Romo had a very legitimate offer to join the broadcast booth and would not be shocked if he accepted...

That said, I'm a little surprised he didn't give it one more go in Houston... championship defense and some nice pieces on offense... just a QB away from being a legit contender...

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Some amazing shots in there (I scrolled through).  Did you take that video?

No. My father worked for Natural Resources at the time and asked couple guys to take some videos from the heli and the truck. The ending is pretty funny if you can hear the guys.

4 hours ago, bearpants said:

You would not be completely surprised if you read Peter King's MMQB on a regular basis... he reported over a week ago that Romo had a very legitimate offer to join the broadcast booth and would not be shocked if he accepted...

That said, I'm a little surprised he didn't give it one more go in Houston... championship defense and some nice pieces on offense... just a QB away from being a legit contender...

Cowboys would never release or trade him to their state rival, best move he could make he become really brittle the last few years.

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Cowboys would never release or trade him to their state rival, best move he could make he become really brittle the last few years.

According to ESPN the Cowboys did release him and he hasn't officially retired. Romo said the CBS offer was too good to turn down.

1 minute ago, Jacquie said:

According to ESPN the Cowboys did release him and he hasn't officially retired. Romo said the CBS offer was too good to turn down.

Yes he was released and with a gentleman agreement with the Cowboys that he doesn't have to pay back bonus money given to him which they could get back if he officially retired. My point was that the Cowboys didn't want to release him and then he would be sign with Houston or one of there NFC East rivals, so a parting gift of 5 mil. and the CBS gig pretty well takes care of any concern they might of had. 

13 hours ago, iHeart said:

ah yes it has been 20 years already hasn't it. How could I forget that Blizzard that caused that flood, I had to stay home from school for two days. We also had to cancel our vacation to the states that year

I could have my storms mixed up but wasn't that the one that dumped snow pellets for 24 hours non-stop on top of the 3 ft. of snow that was already laying on the ground?  I just remember attempting to shovel the walk and not being able to throw the heavy snow high enough to clear the sides.  It all melted within a couple of days anyways and brought on massive flooding.