Random News Items

Rich

Ive just never heard of an instance where a pro athlete injury report states "So and so is hurt but we wont know how long until results of an MRI come back which wont be for 3 months". 

Yes, if the province said sorry, cant fit you in, they can go to the States.  Which is part of why I dont care if they get preferential treatment...if they're paying the cost plus a service fee above and beyond, let them.

Just now, JCon said:

Pan Am Clinic is privately owned and has an MRI machine.

Exactly my point when people say "my GOD, we cant have private health care".  What they mean is they dont want private health care where doctors can charge whatever they want.  Pam Am is private but bills the province.  Their costs are set much like going to the walk in clinic.  Or not.  I really dont know.  lol

43 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Winnipeg Regional Health Authority operates the once privately owned Pan-Am Clinic

Source: http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/New-85M-Pan-Am-Clinic-to-be-built-adjacent-to-Reh-Fit-Centre-351446031.html

It's still privately owned but it is operated by the WRHA. I'm wrong.

Edited by JCon

19 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  Although to be honest, I did enjoy his show when I saw it (I dont have FOX News in my cable package).  I did find his straight forward manner easy to watch.  But he was just smart enough to twist any subject to an anti-left, pro-right perspective regardless of reality.

Is this a serious comment??

I won't deny that he's a brilliant man and great television personality... but the guy is a complete scumbag and deserves any and all negative consequences coming his way... also, nothing "happened to" him.... he is the offender, not the victim... 

Sorry, the more I read it over, I am pretty sure you're being facetious... but I just wanted to clarify... 

40 minutes ago, bearpants said:

Is this a serious comment??

I won't deny that he's a brilliant man and great television personality... but the guy is a complete scumbag and deserves any and all negative consequences coming his way... also, nothing "happened to" him.... he is the offender, not the victim... 

Sorry, the more I read it over, I am pretty sure you're being facetious... but I just wanted to clarify... 

Yes, absolute sarcasm.  He's well reputed to be an ******* that no one liked.  So when you couple harassment and possibly assault with a wholly unlikeable personality, you will eventually suffer the consequences.  Then again, he just signed a new $20million/year contract and will get a huge severance package so its not like he's really "losing".  Other then his reputation which wasnt any good anyway.

Isnt he the guy that was audio recorded telling a woman he wanted to get in the shower with her and rub a felafel all over her (he meant Loofah but the image of a naked Bill O'Reilly rubbing a felafel all over some poor woman is unintentionally hilarious)

A lot of controversy surrounding this Skycity project but this is good news:

http://www.metronews.ca/news/winnipeg/2017/04/19/sky-city-close-to-securing-6-million-in-future-tax-revenue.html

Also, the smart guys on Skyscraper have indicated some "news" that makes them feel pretty good about the project getting underway later this year.

2 hours ago, Atomic said:

Best of Bill O'Reilly:

Hmmm it took me ten seconds to find this:

Tides are the rise and fall of sea levels caused by the combined effects of the gravitational forces exerted by the Moon and the Sun and the rotation of the Earth.

someone should tell Bill how google works. Then he will understand these things that keep him up at night. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

This tweet contains an unfortunate omission 

That's a lot of snow, lol! I really don't mind spring snowstorms as they're totally different than the ones in winter. For one, usually in a day or two the snow is gone. We also don't get the bitter cold that sweeps in from the north after a winter blizzard with the cold north winds. There's no extreme windchills. So, it stays warmer, the snow goes away, the farmers are happy & the forests don't become tinder dry as in Ft McMurray last May. It's a win, win.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Ryan Bass of WTSP in Tampa, Florida, reported the woman told police she struck Brantley first after he "disrespected her." Police declined to file charges at the time.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Nothing good comes from a strong, athletic man striking a woman. Especially one who wants to play in the NFL.

That's the thing. You'll always have those guys that say "if a woman hits first she gets what she deserves". Imagine being raised any other way other then it's never okay to hit a woman. 

When I first began working on bars, I was 18 or 19. We break up a big fight and as were pulling a girl out of the fray she kicks out and strikes a bouncer in the groin. He respond with a hard straight jab to her face. In front of a lot of people, he proclaims "I have the right to defend myself" 

the lesson for me was, even in the heat of the moment when you are reacting angrily and instinctively, you're still wrong. One of the worst things I've seen and I still vividly recall it. 

Anyway. Cops declining probably means it was very minor in nature.  I digress. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Nobody ever deserves to get hit regardless of gender.     

True.  But those times people chose to hit me, and they were guys, there was a stronger sense of urgency on my part to defend myself then those times when I was struck by a woman.  Unless a woman is holding a detonator or trying to shove a baby into a microwave, dont hit her!

18 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

True.  But those times people chose to hit me, and they were guys, there was a stronger sense of urgency on my part to defend myself then those times when I was struck by a woman.  Unless a woman is holding a detonator or trying to shove a baby into a microwave, dont hit her!

But that makes no sense at all.

What if a tiny 100 lbs man attacks you... you have the right to clock him in the face despite being much larger then him?

What if a larger lady say Gabi Garcia (google it) approaches you and throws a stiff right?  You wouldn't fight back because purely of her gender?

Then it can get really confusing... what if a person who identifies as the gender of female but still has the anatomy of a male hits you?  

I like my theory of merely not hitting anyone regardless of gender.    Makes it much easier in life.  

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

But that makes no sense at all.

What if a tiny 100 lbs man attacks you... you have the right to clock him in the face despite being much larger then him?

What if a larger lady say Gabi Garcia (google it) approaches you and throws a stiff right?  You wouldn't fight back because purely of her gender?

Then it can get really confusing... what if a person who identifies as the gender of female but still has the anatomy of a male hits you?  

I like my theory of merely not hitting anyone regardless of gender.    Makes it much easier in life.  

If you're confused by when you can hit a woman and when you cant, you're doing it wrong.