Random News Items

Rich

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

If the Rodney King video could result in acquittals, nothing would surprise me here.

Its a travesty that it took the video being released to get anything done.  These two killers admitted what they did...that they went home and got weapons so they could ambush the victim feeling he resembled a break & enter suspect.   And without video, it was considered self defense???  Absurd.  Do black people need to wear their own bodycams in America??

And what of this third guy who was filming...

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its a travesty that it took the video being released to get anything done.  These two killers admitted what they did...that they went home and got weapons so they could ambush the victim feeling he resembled a break & enter suspect.   And without video, it was considered self defense???  Absurd.  Do black people need to wear their own bodycams in America??

And what of this third guy who was filming...

Dude the amount of crime that goes unpunished is ridiculously high as I said before... sometimes being ignorant makes it easier to walk the streets.  

As for black people wearing body cams... while these incidents are clearly unacceptable.... a far more majority of black shooting deaths are caused by other black people (non police obviously).  A change in culture would need to take place for things to get better.   

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Dude the amount of crime that goes unpunished is ridiculously high as I said before... sometimes being ignorant makes it easier to walk the streets.  

As for black people wearing body cams... while these incidents are clearly unacceptable.... a far more majority of black shooting deaths are caused by other black people (non police obviously).  A change in culture would need to take place for things to get better.   

Sure but Im talking about racially motivated assaults/killings.   Its just ridiculous.  Its so hard as a white male to understand it.  My sisters are aboriginal and I see the racism and it makes my blood boil.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sure but Im talking about racially motivated assaults/killings.   Its just ridiculous.  Its so hard as a white male to understand it.  My sisters are aboriginal and I see the racism and it makes my blood boil.

Blame the culture..  it's not fair or nice but unfortunately it's the harsh reality.  

It's not fair to lump everyone in a category but unfortunately certain cultures don't help the cause. 

Example... working retail in Winnipeg back in the day...  we were told to keep an eye on aboriginals (sketchier ones) because of the obscenely high rate of theft with them.  Reason being that literally 75% chance of them shop lifting.  It wasn't because of skin color because we were also told to hover and eagle eye on hutteriies because they shop lifted even more. It's because of the culture.     An east indian walking in to the store we didn't even bat an eye because we had zero thefts.   I don't consider things like this as racism.

I'm not saying anyone is right in shooting down someone because they assume that they are a criminal not at all... I'm just saying that certain cultures really don't help themselves out.   You never see or read articles in the States about police or white red necks gunning down Asians.  It's all about respect and unfortunately good people sometimes get shot up because others have no respect for them purely base on skin color (which is dumb). 

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

There is a GOP echo in here. 

It was reported in an interview on CBC this morning that the district attorney had the video the next day but deemed that the killers were trying to affect a citizen's arrest and therefore not culpable. Only when the video went  public did he change his opinion. Incidentally, this is the same DA who ordered the arrest of a black civil rights worker who registered to vote and charged her with voter fraud. She was acquitted but the racism is obvious.

15 minutes ago, Tracker said:

It was reported in an interview on CBC this morning that the district attorney had the video the next day but deemed that the killers were trying to affect a citizen's arrest and therefore not culpable. Only when the video went  public did he change his opinion. Incidentally, this is the same DA who ordered the arrest of a black civil rights worker who registered to vote and charged her with voter fraud. She was acquitted but the racism is obvious.

They don't even hide it. 

26 minutes ago, Tracker said:

By that token, couldnt the victim have been making a citizen arrest too, and was killed for it?  Its absurd.  Gun toting morons being allowed to make citizen arrests of a guy jogging down the street who did nothing wrong...what a joke.

Brunswick DA’s Office Blocked Arrests in Ahmaud Arbery Shooting in Feb: County Commissioners
‘SHUT THEM DOWN’

Pilar Melendez
Reporter
Updated May. 08, 2020 5:20PM ET / 
Published May. 08, 2020 5:16PM ET 
Police tried to make an arrest shortly after 25-year-old Ahmaud Arbery was fatally shot on February 23 but they were blocked by Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson, two Glynn County commissioners said Friday.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/glynn-county-commissioners-say-brunswick-da-blocked-arrests-in-ahmaud-arbery-shooting?ref=home

1301 Pembina? That doesn't sound right. 1330 Pembina is the Holiday Inn at Pembina and McGililvary. This looks like the property that has had the big question mark billboard for ages much further south.

Good development for the city. 

21 minutes ago, JCon said:

1301 Pembina? That doesn't sound right. 1330 Pembina is the Holiday Inn at Pembina and McGililvary. This looks like the property that has had the big question mark billboard for ages much further south.

Good development for the city. 

Yes sorry. She followed up with a correction.  3000 block.  South pembina. At Dalhousie