2016 Draft Standings

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Jets were winners tonight. Sorry but I'll take the team who busts their ass over the teams that roll over and die 

Normally I would disagree cause it was a nothing game and we went from 8.5 to 6.5 but they stormed back against a very good team that still needed the win. It's more like really we picked now to go on a 4 game winning streak lol we can't win for winning ??

We will see what happens. Lottery gods seem to favor teams who don't tank on purpose tho. Bet Toronto and Edmonton won't pick top 3. Wpg CBJ Calgary will have the top 3 picks.  Who knows what order tho. I'm just happy we have a team who doesn't roll over and die. Also we will still get a good player wherever we pick. Yeah Matthews Laine Puljujarvi would be nice I'm that order but.... nothing wrong with dubois Tkachuk Nylander Chychrun Sergachev Juolevi Bean Keller either. Jost and Fabbro also.  

Matthews Laine Puljujarvi are the cream of the crop. After that tho.... who knows. The guy picked at 7 8 9 10 might be better than the guy picked at 4. 

Guaranteed we go BPA with our first pick and I doubt it will be a d man. Then with Chicago and our 2nd we take a d man. 

Edited by Goalie

Hamonic has injury concers, concussion issues and now whatever this one is, I'd be ok with getting Hamonic but i wouldn't want to give up much..

Chychrun? Is his ceiling really that much higher than a guy like Sergachev or Juolevi? I'm not sure or convinced it is, D men are impossible to project since they generally don't reach their prime until mid to late 20's.. I'd be leery of taking a d man if there were some forwards on the board still, I think really, it comes down to BPA and if lets just say Tkachuk is there and Chychrun,Serg,Juolevi is there, I think Tkachuk is the obvious choice because he is BPA for sure. 

I get that we need LHD help and all but.... at the same time, you gotta take BPA and if its a tie between a forward and D man,   you take the forward. So many good D men in the league are late 1sts or even late round picks, 

It  scares me that people compare Chychrun to Bogosian cuz in my opinion, Bogo might be a good top 4 d man, but he's not a top 2  guy and with a top 10 pick, i dunno, unless you are sure that D man can project to be a top pair d man, I'm not sure you take that guy if there is a forward with similar upside. 

I still feel they go BPA with their own first (whoever that is, i'm fine with) and i think they go 2 d men with Chicagos and their own pick in the 2nd. 

19 hours ago, Ducky said:

I've asked this question before and nobody that says it doesn't matter what hand he shoots has answered.......

How many starting top 4 D men are playing there off side on 5v5?

Probably for the same reason you could have made that rhetorical and answered it yourself but didn't - no one wants to.

Look up the shot for 120+ players?  Have at er my friend.

In fact you might not be able to get past figuring out which players qualify as the starting top 4 D.  Who are the starting top 4 D for the Jets?  Buff, Enstrom, Trouba and Myers?  Three rights and one left as your top 4?  That's crazy.  So then Buff, Enstrom, Trouba and Stuart?  Stuart over Myers as your top 4?  That's crazy.

47 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/player/logan-stanley/23881/

This guy might still be around with Chicago's pick as a good D man.  Really big kid too, would fit in with Myers and Melch.  And he shoots left, which I know is extremely important.

Watched him play for the Spitfire's this year and is a good defencman but the write up is bang on he needs more quickness in his game, he starts and stops need to improve but definitely has potential.